10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Macca

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Mago
17. Fifita
I wouldn't disagree to a side looking like this. The season is over, it's a good time to experiment.

Time to mix it up I suppose:

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. SOS
7. Paix
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Macca

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Mago
17. Fifita

Wouldn’t you rather joffa at lock instead of Macca?

Wouldn’t you rather joffa at lock instead of Macca?

Yeah the team list is a mess. If you really feel
compelled to squeeze 3 hookers into the team you would have to go 7. Turpin, 9. Macca, 14. Seggy.

I have no idea what Macca brings to lock except no metres and high number of soft tackles.

The team also has 2 rookie halves, no Joffa and a kid in the wing who has barely played any ISC.

All the representative players came through unscathed (Milford, Isaako, Su'A, TPJ, Staggs, Fifita, Oates, Gillett, Segeyaro, Coates)

Ofahengaue rates himself an 80% chance of playing this week.

No word on whether Haas or Glenn will be right to play.

If Boyd turned in the same game as Ponga did in origin he'd be bagged from pillar to post.
Ponga for me is severely overrated in the media. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player. But he is lightyears behind tedesco and turbo. The media talk like he is a guaranteed future immortal.

Teams have, and will continue to figure him out, it's his response to that over the next 5-10 years that will determine whether he gets anywhere near the greats. The greats have adapted their games accordingly as the game changed and their opponents figured out some of their tricks. He should stop worrying about his contract finishing in 2 years, stop doing media, stop going to the highest bidder, and ffs stop talking about the all blacks and rugby union like he has somehow achieved everything in the nrl.

Everybody loves the bloke but something about him annoys me, he just comes across as pretty arrogant in his interviews.

Ponga for me is severely overrated in the media. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player. But he is lightyears behind tedesco and turbo. The media talk like he is a guaranteed future immortal.

Teams have, and will continue to figure him out, it's his response to that over the next 5-10 years that will determine whether he gets anywhere near the greats. The greats have adapted their games accordingly as the game changed and their opponents figured out some of their tricks. He should stop worrying about his contract finishing in 2 years, stop doing media, stop going to the highest bidder, and ffs stop talking about the all blacks and rugby union like he has somehow achieved everything in the nrl.

Everybody loves the bloke but something about him annoys me, he just comes across as pretty arrogant in his interviews.
I agree, to me, Tedesco, RTS and Tom Turbo are all better fullbacks. At least at this stage. Ponga has a lot of potential, but sort of just reminds me of a more talented Matt Moylan...

Remember back in the day when Qld could throw any of Slater, Lockyer, Bowen, Inglis, Boyd, Folau, Hunt or Hodges in at fullback? How times have changed!

Active Now

• heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.