PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I’d only get remotely interested if Milford was training all week at fullback and not just filling in.

Because it’s more than likely that Milford trains there from time to time in the event Boyd goes down mid game, they could put Milford back their and bring Turpin on into the halves with SOS so they are probably just covering all bases.

I doubt that, I would imagine the plan if Boyd went down in a game would be for Isaako to slot in at Fullback.

I doubt that, I would imagine the plan if Boyd went down in a game would be for Isaako to slot in at Fullback.

Yeah this. You want as little disruption as possible and moving your 5/8 mid-game would be more disruptive than moving the winger so I don't see that as the reasoning for Milford training at fullback.

Lockyer did a lot of kicking from fullback. At least the long kicking game.

I’d only get remotely interested if Milford was training all week at fullback and not just filling in.

Because it’s more than likely that Milford trains there from time to time in the event Boyd goes down mid game, they could put Milford back their and bring Turpin on into the halves with SOS so they are probably just covering all bases.

It’s not ideal but anything is better than Boyd at the back at the moment and most of us fans that have had a gutful just want to see something different, even if Milford goes awful back there. It would actually make Boyd accountable for his position too. It makes sense when you consider our fullback depth.

He has been training there all week this week apparently

I guess the year is a bust, why not experiment rather than the same old shit. If milf does go into fullback though, i think he should cut down to 2014, 2015 weight as this may make him lighter on his feet again.

Seibold may be letting boyd and the other half structure the sets and milford to play eyes up, run in support, count numbers and work the overlaps.

Wasnt what i would have done (which was get drinkwater and put boyd into centre) but Ehh, why not.

Lockyer did a lot of kicking from fullback. At least the long kicking game.
From what I've seen Milf will still take first receiver ball when he wants it and kick on the last. Boyd has been putting in a couple of kicks in behind the line on the left side. Milf appears to be relishing the opportunity to just roam and chime in whenever he sees fit. I like it. O'Sullivan is also working both sides of ruck. Might be a bit clunky for a while but any change is good change at the moment.

I guess the year is a bust, why not experiment rather than the same old shit. If milf does go into fullback though, i think he should cut down to 2014, 2015 weight as this may make him lighter on his feet again.

Seibold may be letting boyd and the other half structure the sets and milford to play eyes up, run in support, count numbers and work the overlaps.

Wasnt what i would have done (which was get drinkwater and put boyd into centre) but Ehh, why not.
Seriously, it’s been that long that this team, and our forward pack in particular, would not know what to do if we had a fullback offering support play. You know, like a fullback should.

Especially one that doesn’t turn slower and wider than HMAS Brisbane and look like he’s running in wet cement.

I can just see it now, Lodge, TPJ etc. might have their heads explode knowing the defence has to consider and make decisions around more than just one person coming at them.

From what I've seen Milf will still take first receiver ball when he wants it and kick on the last. Boyd has been putting in a couple of kicks in behind the line on the left side. Milf appears to be relishing the opportunity to just roam and chime in whenever he sees fit. I like it. O'Sullivan is also working both sides of ruck. Might be a bit clunky for a while but any change is good change at the moment.
Watch us get fucked in the ass this weekend when Boyd shits the bed and stands there and doesn't kick on last. He is more akin to a deer in headlights than an NRL player these days.
[automerge]1561600164[/automerge]
Seriously, it’s been that long that this team, and our forward pack in particular, would not know what to do if we had a fullback offering support play. You know, like a fullback should.

Especially one that doesn’t turn slower and wider than HMAS Brisbane and look like he’s running in wet cement.

I can just see it now, Lodge, TPJ etc. might have their heads explode knowing the defence has to consider and make decisions around more than just one person coming at them.
Yeah, the real reason our forward pack gets dominated by other ones sometimes is when the opposing team has 1 or 2 really good support players. If you look at the teams that have put a bit of a score on us in Roosters, Eels, Rabbits, and even teams like Titans and Dragons who have beaten us, they have 1 or 2 very good support players. E.G. Tedesco, Gutho/Moses, Walker/Johnston, Gordon/Brimson/Peachy, Hunt etc.

Our issue, is opposing teams don't need to worry about someone lurking around for offloads. If we offload, it usually goes to either a forward who is standing still, or macca... Hardly any cause for concern in defence. And to add to this, our team at the moment is very, very slow. Yes our forwards are fast for forwards, but we don't have much pace in the backline. We are definitely lacking in this area. I think someone mentioned theres no one in the broncos that could score an 80m try and this is quite true at the moment. Oates maybe if he gets a break away on the wing, but other than that, I don't think we have anyone who would make it. This is a big issue and whilst you might think, 'oh, there aren't that many length of the field tries' whilst that is true, having that speed and constant threat allows you to make more metres up the middle because the defence has more to think/worry about.

Our attack at the moment is just too one dimensional. Forwards running up middle, sweet plays, try to score on edges. If Milford really is training at fullback, that might give us a bit more of an attacking threat, but we would then have 2 very average halves in SOS and Boyd so i'm not confident at all.

This season is most definitely a write off, and unless something can be done about the Boyd/Macca contracts, next season might be as well.

Last edited:
Then how do explain the likes of Turpin that “apparently” was playing terrible in the lower grades?? By that logic when Roberts was demoted to QCup he should lit up the opposition because of his “game changing “ speed. You never know unless you give someone a chance.

I don't think anyone said Turpin was terrible in the lower grades. What people were saying was he wasn't killing it in reserve grade, which he wasn't. He wasn't one of the best players at Reddy every week.

Why is everybody so happy with milf playing at fullback? Boyd’s defence is awful so then we defend him in the front line? It won’t make the team better until Boyd is out of the spine. 5/8 are just as important as fullbacks

I'm happy to give Milf a crack at Fullback, because guess what, if it it works and S.O.S performs in the halves we can look at this in 4-6 weeks -

1. Milford
6. O'Sullivan
7. Dearden

With Boyd in the centres or gornnnnn.

Why is everybody so happy with milf playing at fullback? Boyd’s defence is awful so then we defend him in the front line? It won’t make the team better until Boyd is out of the spine. 5/8 are just as important as fullbacks
As much as I hate to say it... If he's defending in the line hes probably more chance of injury so that would help...

Boyd has nowhere to hide in the front line. He'll be forced to make tackles and his tackling is not bad, that's not his issue.

Pablo called it...the switch is in on the cards.

Despite whether Milly kills it or not, important thing is Boyd and Seibold have recognised that we need improvement from the custodian role.
I for one am over the moon for the change, finally :-)

What are the chances it's just a temporary thing and Seibold goes back on it at the first sign of trouble?

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.