Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Game day.
Knights v Broncos.
5th v 12th.

Given recent seasons, you’d think I got the ladder positions wrong, but somehow, that’s where the two teams sit.

Credit certainly has to go to Newcastle, whilst we have all the work to do in front of us.

Hopefully we turn the same corner we did about 5 games ago and never look back!

Game day.
Knights v Broncos.
5th v 12th.

Given recent seasons, you’d think I got the ladder positions wrong, but somehow, that’s where the two teams sit.

Credit certainly has to go to Newcastle, whilst we have all the work to do in front of us.

Hopefully we turn the same corner we did about 5 games ago and never look back!
I dont expect this team to turn it around until probably rd 18.

Despite sitting well down the ladder and having the youngest squad the rep season has still found a way to get 5 reps into origin and 10 or so across the rep round.

The young guys have had their eyes on other things and have been preserving their bodies for rep jerseys. NRL has also managed to give us 3 away games to go with this part of the season.

Rd 16 we play sharks who have 0 reps and we potentially lose another one in Milf if Kevvie panics. Then after origin on Wednesday we travel to kiwi land to play another squad with zero reps

Yes they're excuses, but I'm just being realistic.

Would be nice to win this week, but Newcastle is a tough place to play... and if rumours are true it's also a tough place to come in and play fullback for the first time in 5 years against a halfback putting up torp bombs all day looking for an origin recall.

Last edited:
I dont expect this team to turn it around until probably rd 18.

Despite sitting well down the ladder and having the youngest squad the rep season has still found a way to get 5 reps into origin and 10 or so across the rep round.

The young guys have had their eyes on other things and have been preserving their bodies for rep jerseys. NRL has also managed to give us 3 away games to go with this part of the season.

Rd 16 we play sharks who have 0 reps and we potentially lose another one in Milf if Kevvie panics. Then after origin on Wednesday we travel to kiwi land to play another squad with zero reps

Yes they're excuses, but I'm just being realistic.

Would be nice to win this week, but Newcastle is a tough place to play... and if rumours are true it's also a tough place to come in and play fullback for the first time in 5 years against a halfback putting up torp bombs all day looking for an origin recall.
I totally agree about the rep distraction. Was the main reason I wanted qld to wrap it up in Perth actually (origin has lost its appeal to me in recent years, give me a broncos premiership over 20 series wins). It is a cop out from the players but it's also a reality that they aren't focused on the broncos at the moment. There's way too much hype around origin these days and it takes all the players focus if they haven't learned how to manage it yet..

Every year we loose to the teams(a minimum of 2 per year) we're expected to win for sure. We already had 2 for this year against Tigers & Titans. Having lost 2 in a row that too on the back of rubbish performance against Eels, I wonder what sort of performance would our lads put on today. I am more curious as to how the "SWITCH" would work (if it would at all???).

I could easily forget the 2 back to back losses we had if we win today's and next week against Sharks. After that, we're pretty much at home(almost) until Round-25.

Win 2 back to back on the road and get "that" confidence, we play at home for reminder of season and anything can happen baby!!!

Last edited:
The thing about that 2007 Knights game is that Brisbane were playing some of their worst football in franchise history around that time. There was a lot going on behind the scenes with the club making some frankly bizarre decisions with their personnel.

In between that was this game where the Broncos were scoring tries at will. Sure, the Knights were decimated by injury but Brisbane hadn't played any football like this through out the entire season. Where did it come from? And then a week later where did it go?

Still, it was a great show of strength by the Broncos. Before that game, they were last on the ladder and the prior home game was the worst Broncos 'victory' I've seen in club history. There were QCup games that would have left the Round 8 Broncos vs. Souths clash for dead. I thought the perfect moment that summed it up was the Rabbitohs just about scoring a length of the field try in the dying stages but poor Johnny Sutton dislocated his shoulder while trying to ground it. I still don't know what K was thinking...dead-set had PTSD after Boyd's effort against Penrith in Round 3.

so...reckon that's 144 months ago....lock in a Broncos win today...

Thing with our recruitment is that we seem to only identify the big, fast, superstar schoolboys as our targets but we don't seem to be able to find that rough diamond that the Storm seem to be able to get.

Maybe we do have rough diamonds amongst the ranks but there’s no one that can polish them up

I totally agree about the rep distraction. Was the main reason I wanted qld to wrap it up in Perth actually (origin has lost its appeal to me in recent years, give me a broncos premiership over 20 series wins). It is a cop out from the players but it's also a reality that they aren't focused on the broncos at the moment. There's way too much hype around origin these days and it takes all the players focus if they haven't learned how to manage it yet..

Absolutely on the spot and I am with you 100% mate. Witnessing QLD win series after series over the years doesn't entice me anymore (don't get me wrong here as I do want my State to do well). Perhaps we don't have those legends of Origin playing anymore and no punch or bite in current QLD team, I too personally would take Broncos Premiership over a QLD series win. The sad part is, neither QLD nor the Broncos are putting up a decent show and smashing opponents. I hope that changes with the Broncos starting today.

Last edited:
The Broncs had so many injuries that year - Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Tate, Berrigan, any other massive ones? The impressive thing was the way everyone else lifted after most of those players were gone for the season. We didn't win many games, but you couldn't blame them for not trying. Even Steve Michaels looked quality back then. If only that attitude could come back.
Webcke had retired and Civo had been shipped off to Penrith at that time IIRC so it was all very messy behind closed doors. Still nothing compared to today.

Well, I started feeling less interested in Origin too, sadly the Broncos didn’t do any good either. Funny thing is, last night the game between storm and roosters, it gave me kind of feeling like qld vs nsw.

One team follow old tradition, run hard tackle hard, fight for yards and possessions. The other got driven by talents, speed. Eventually Qld-like team beats NSW-like team, sadly it’s not Broncos I’m talking about

....thanks for the memories...keep adding these vids...ill keep watching them..

You can see the basis here wth this team as it took shape to win the next 2 titles in a row...

Last edited:
Milford is listed at fullback on nrl.com

Think DB will be FB in defence and Milf in attack.

i'm not so sure about that, because some of the talk this week has been about Milford's defensive workload blunting his attack somewhat.

so having him defend in the frontline won't fix that issue

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.