Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

There were a few mini breaks from Kodi where he was looking for an offload and nobody was home, that could have been dangerous.

One thing I noticed is that at our best, we have a lot more inside passes in our game, both forward runs, but also backs.
At the moment I notice teams have the opportunity to stack their outside defence because we can be predictable.
I didn't see anything but the highlights, so can't comment on this game.
Knik running is good to see. He needs to test the line more, and his runners time themselves to accommodate it. If he holds the ball in some of the earlier tackles our back row will become so much more dsngerous. I just don't if we are there yet with the confidence to do it.

One thing I noticed is that at our best, we have a lot more inside passes in our game, both forward runs, but also backs.
At the moment I notice teams have the opportunity to stack their outside defence because we can be predictable.
I didn't see anything but the highlights, so can't comment on this game.
Knik running is good to see. He needs to test the line more, and his runners time themselves to accommodate it. If he holds the ball in some of the earlier tackles our back row will become so much more dsngerous. I just don't if we are there yet with the confidence to do it.

KNik looked great running agree but doesn’t make him a halfback. We are terribly shaped iinside 20. More lost than usual when Milf was binned. KNik is a fine talent in attack and can work in a spine where he is a 6, 9 or 1. At this rate Lodge looks more likely at first receiver.

Couldn’t agree more about need for support runners. I wonder whose job that is typically?

Should this have been called offside?

IMO, no. But the rule isn't very clear on what the player picking the ball up needs to do. Glenn is picking that ball up after running back to it. He gets a foot behind the point of where the ball was touched, but I'm not sure if that's enough.

Vlcsnap 2018 06 17 11h27m32s760
Vlcsnap 2018 06 17 11h28m02s979

**** off. Both halves played to their strengths. Milford scored a try. Nikorima manufactured a line break out of nothing that should have been a try if Taga just drops it on Milf's chest. Boyd is the one who put Oates over with one of his textbook plays.

The only reason the Sharks were even in it was because of the refs. The Sharks were dropping the ball cold, yet how did the stats end up so even? Because every penalty the Sharks got was on the 4th or 5th, they were gifted field position that they were only afforded because they were behind on the scoreboard and the refs must adhere to Closest Competition Ever.
Yep, the refs definitely manipulate games. Whether it’s intentional or not I don’t know for sure.

We'll go undefeated for the rest of the year very possibly being minor premiers. First or second I reckon.
Remember what happened last time you tried this. Your Nostradamus card has been revoked.

At this point there's so much difference between TPJ and any of our other forwards. Glenn is good value, and retaining him instead of Su'a could help free up enough salary cap space to re-sign TPJ, Haas, Fifita, Issako who are all due big upgrades because between Boyd, Bird and Milford's contracts we no longer have the luxury of retaining the best players and discarding only our 18-30.
Who was the genius that thought it would be a good idea to give an injured old crock in Boyd $750k per year for 4 years?

Should this have been called offside?

IMO, no. But the rule isn't very clear on what the player picking the ball up needs to do. Glenn is picking that ball up after running back to it. He gets a foot behind the point of where the ball was touched, but I'm not sure if that's enough.

As long as he returns back behind the line where the ball was touched then it is fine. If he managed to clearly do that i'm not sure.

If diamonds are worth $1,000,000 does that mean rocks and diamonds are worth around $500,000? Because Milford has been nothing but the latter with last night being case in point.

I would love to have seen this future plan that Wayne has submitted to the board to stay on at the club. I’m willing to keep him on and have him retire on his own terms now that we’ve missed out in Bellamy provided that in that plan for the future it has a solution for the halves and has a plan to prevent this mismanagement of our cap and better recruitment policies. I know injuries can’t be avoided but at the moment we have our highest paid forward practically miss this whole season, our big off season luxury player purchase play a handful of ordinary games and on the surgery table, our highly paid captain playing at half the level he is capable of because of this hamstring and we have our million dollar half doing more things horrible than good.

1. Boyd - Wasn't his worst game by any stretch but still, his signature poor attitude was on show as usual. Stop flapping your fucking arms at the refs and start barking orders at the team you're captaining. 6
2. Oates - I thought he had a pretty uneventful first half but his 2nd was one to remember. Scored probably the try of the year and gave the Sharks middle (who are no pushovers) hell with his kick returns. Sign him up for life and do it now. 8
3. Roberts - Pretty quiet night from the Jet. Struggled in defence on the right at times but mostly just Average with a capital A. Probably had his mind on Origin. 5
4. Kahu - Seems to be finding his feet at centre. Lets hope he stays injury free. Quiet in attack but defended his ass off. 6
5. Isaako - Solid with the boot as usual but his defence on the line is still very suspect. Was directly responsible for at least one Shark try because of sloppy tackling. 5
6. Milford - Rocks and Diamonds Milf came to play again. Got sin binned, Dropped the ball numerous times, a horrendous kick out on the full, but then on the flipside made a few runs that had the Sharks defence panicking. He didn't have the excuse of Nikorima playing poorly this time so it's all on him. 6
7. Nikorima - Comfortably his best game of the year, and shock horror it happens when he is relieved of all responsibility when kicking. Made more than one beautiful line break and controlled the players on his outside well. He will still be turfed out at the earliest opportunity but it's a nice feeling not having to shit on him for once. 7
8. Lodge - We should seriously consider fighting for this guy when push comes to shove, and it WILL despite all the shit he copped in the preseason. He is just a solid as **** front rower. Has a decent offload on him when presented with a good chance and is solid as **** defending in the middle. It is a credit to him that his absence was immediately felt when he was subbed off. 7
9. Macca - For an "Origin hooker", god damn is he average. His limp dick dummy half runs are frankly embarrassing to watch and he didn't even seem to be at his defensive best last night either. We heap a lot of shit on our halves for their lacklustre game management, but surely some criticism has to be leveled at the number 9 too. 4
10. Thaiday - Didn't exactly shame himself, but didn't much stand out either. I'm content giving him the benefit of the doubt being beyond the twilight of his career, horrendously out of shape and coming up against the Sharks pack. 5
11. TPJ - He is a STARTING second rower whether Wayne likes it or not. His charge down try was a thing of beauty and up until his injury was monstering the Sharks right side. If Glenn ever starts for us again, the old coach has officially lost it. 8
12. Su'a - Isn't quite reaching the amazing heights of TPJ but still, his quality is self evident. Give him another 50 or so games under his belt and he could pass for a Ben Te'o clone. 7
13. McGuire - I have always admired his mongrel and work ethic despite being small for a forward, but his negatives are starting to outweigh his positives a tad. Gave away at least 2 stupid penalties, one in the first set after conceding points, and died with the ball numerous times on the 4th. He needs to either play much smarter or go back to Prop. 5

14. Mago - He stood out a bit more than usual this time. Solid bench performance in the middle up against tough opposition. 6
15. Joe O - Is really starting to come along in leaps and bounds. He's surely gotta be asking questions of both the starting side and QLD at this point. Very good, especially off the bench. 8
16. Glenn - The fact that both TPJ and Su'a are outplaying him despite being so green in comparison tells you all you need to know, but being an experienced head on the bench seems to be his calling, at least until Haas and Gillett return then he is comfortably dispensable. 6
17. Taga - Had limited minutes but did an amicable job keeping our middle solid. Exactly what we signed him for. I was hoping he'd have a bigger game against his former club but hard to do off the bench. 6

T
1. Boyd - Wasn't his worst game by any stretch but still, his signature poor attitude was on show as usual. Stop flapping your fucking arms at the refs and start barking orders at the team you're captaining. 6
2. Oates - I thought he had a pretty uneventful first half but his 2nd was one to remember. Scored probably the try of the year and gave the Sharks middle (who are no pushovers) hell with his kick returns. Sign him up for life and do it now. 8
3. Roberts - Pretty quiet night from the Jet. Struggled in defence on the right at times but mostly just Average with a capital A. Probably had his mind on Origin. 5
4. Kahu - Seems to be finding his feet at centre. Lets hope he stays injury free. Quiet in attack but defended his ass off. 6
5. Isaako - Solid with the boot as usual but his defence on the line is still very suspect. Was directly responsible for at least one Shark try because of sloppy tackling. 5
6. Milford - Rocks and Diamonds Milf came to play again. Got sin binned, Dropped the ball numerous times, a horrendous kick out on the full, but then on the flipside made a few runs that had the Sharks defence panicking. He didn't have the excuse of Nikorima playing poorly this time so it's all on him. 6
7. Nikorima - Comfortably his best game of the year, and shock horror it happens when he is relieved of all responsibility when kicking. Made more than one beautiful line break and controlled the players on his outside well. He will still be turfed out at the earliest opportunity but it's a nice feeling not having to shit on him for once. 7
8. Lodge - We should seriously consider fighting for this guy when push comes to shove, and it WILL despite all the shit he copped in the preseason. He is just a solid as **** front rower. Has a decent offload on him when presented with a good chance and is solid as **** defending in the middle. It is a credit to him that his absence was immediately felt when he was subbed off. 7
9. Macca - For an "Origin hooker", god damn is he average. His limp dick dummy half runs are frankly embarrassing to watch and he didn't even seem to be at his defensive best last night either. We heap a lot of shit on our halves for their lacklustre game management, but surely some criticism has to be leveled at the number 9 too. 4
10. Thaiday - Didn't exactly shame himself, but didn't much stand out either. I'm content giving him the benefit of the doubt being beyond the twilight of his career, horrendously out of shape and coming up against the Sharks pack. 5
11. TPJ - He is a STARTING second rower whether Wayne likes it or not. His charge down try was a thing of beauty and up until his injury was monstering the Sharks right side. If Glenn ever starts for us again, the old coach has officially lost it. 8
12. Su'a - Isn't quite reaching the amazing heights of TPJ but still, his quality is self evident. Give him another 50 or so games under his belt and he could pass for a Ben Te'o clone. 7
13. McGuire - I have always admired his mongrel and work ethic despite being small for a forward, but his negatives are starting to outweigh his positives a tad. Gave away at least 2 stupid penalties, one in the first set after conceding points, and died with the ball numerous times on the 4th. He needs to either play much smarter or go back to Prop. 5

14. Mago - He stood out a bit more than usual this time. Solid bench performance in the middle up against tough opposition. 6
15. Joe O - Is really starting to come along in leaps and bounds. He's surely gotta be asking questions of both the starting side and QLD at this point. Very good, especially off the bench. 8
16. Glenn - The fact that both TPJ and Su'a are outplaying him despite being so green in comparison tells you all you need to know, but being an experienced head on the bench seems to be his calling, at least until Haas and Gillett return then he is comfortably dispensable. 6
17. Taga - Had limited minutes but did an amicable job keeping our middle solid. Exactly what we signed him for. I was hoping he'd have a bigger game against his former club but hard to do off the bench. 6
Taga.. an 'amicable' job ? Wtfs that lol
Synonyms
friendly, good-natured, cordial, civil, courteous, polite, easy, easy-going, neighbourly, brotherly, fraternal, harmonious, cooperative, civilized;

I wouldn't want Taga tackling me amicably!!!!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

T

Taga.. an 'amicable' job ? Wtfs that lol
Synonyms
friendly, good-natured, cordial, civil, courteous, polite, easy, easy-going, neighbourly, brotherly, fraternal, harmonious, cooperative, civilized;

I wouldn't want Taga tackling me amicably!!!!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

....Easy going, kind of works in this context?

...Yeah nah the word smithing failed there.

8 years after Blake Ferguson scored that ridiculous try against us in the same corner, Corey Oates comes up with this absolute pearler of a try.

I don't agree with the Niko had his best game this year crap. If you ask me anything he did good was completely undone by the shit he dished up when Milf was in the sin bin. 2 sets on the Sharks line and all he offered as a halfback was to 2 touches where he gets tackled with the ball forcing Macca and Boyd to come up with something on the last. Great halfback play there.

We have had a bye ... the Sharks haven't yet

Don't really see how this makes any difference at all mate

If you want to count the bye, it puts the Shark further ahead

Nothing changes the fact that beating a team can't KEEP you even

It can make you even, or it can keep you ahead, but that's it

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.