Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

With Lowrie Stagg Granville and Hala we we're not strong enough in defence to hold their big pack. A very poor read by Granville on the first try and Sam not pushing across on the last. I will forgive Sam he was probably severely fatigued.
All is not lost but not having a second option for hooker behind Granville will hurt. I think Granville's weaker defence can be covered if we get our full team on the park

No Parker, Gillett, Macca (an 80 min hooker) and Hodges - they are 4 key players. This loss is forgivable.

The shape and structures were patchy and we resorted to one-out stuff. We gave up momentum. They were very good.

I like Granville. He is so quick it is refreshing.

Hoffman. Sigh. If only we had a 5/8.

The Warriors showed how to use the space on both sides with 2 decent halves. We are crippled with Hoffman, Barba or not

Last edited:
I like Granville. He is so quick it is refreshing.

Hoffman. Sigh. If only we had a 5/8.

Agreed regarding Granville, on the Hoffman thing you're right someone quick and refreshing in the 6 would help the team.

Granville added another dimension to the team. Don't know much about footy as others do, but even I can see he would he would be perfect to bring on about the 30th minite

Granville added another dimension to the team. Don't know much about footy as others do, but even I can see he would he would be perfect to bring on about the 30th minite

The problem is Macca looks really good as an 80 minute hooker and carrying Granville on the bench might seem like a waste of a bench spot.

However, Griffin seems to​ love wasting the bench anyway so why not chuck Granville on there every week?

Granville is gone to the Cows next year anyway.

Berrell played pretty well today, hopefully he will come on and be back up hooker

Agreed regarding Granville, on the Hoffman thing you're right someone quick and refreshing in the 6 would help the team.

Hoffman at 5/8 is really starting to bite us on the bum. At this level, you have to exploit both sides and the fringes, and create opportunities on both sides with clever kicking. We don't have that, and Hunt is still short of the mark with his kicking game.

Not having 2 genuine halves showed again tonight how our left side was compressing.

The middle and the fringes? Where are the inside-outside plays?

The middle: our props defended well but really, they are hardly dominating. They take a few tacklers to bring them down but mostly they make little impact on the defence.

That is why we need to play as we did v Manly, open up the space and give time to do something creative, which means more Barba and more depth and width.

Still, missing 4 of our most effective players, well, the lack of Hodges on the right and Gillett I thought was really telling, despie Copley doing well.

We need Parker more than ever

there is no way in hell we'd challenge for the premiership with Hoffman at five eighth. hook surely isnt silly enough to believe otherwise. just killing time until Milford arrives I guess.

It really grinds my gears when the refs keep an inconsistent 10. Their whole team was able to get a massive wind-up before hitting our line because we were being marched 12 or 13 metres back on every ruck. Switch possession and the other ref was moving the Warriors back 8 or 9. I bitch about this a lot but if they're going to have two refs, the simplest thing is to have one look at the ruck and the other keep the 10.

It really grinds my gears when the refs keep an inconsistent 10. Their whole team was able to get a massive wind-up before hitting our line because we were being marched 12 or 13 metres back on every ruck. Switch possession and the other ref was moving the Warriors back 8 or 9. I bitch about this a lot but if they're going to have two refs, the simplest thing is to have one look at the ruck and the other keep the 10.
Not only that but they also let them roll it between their legs for an unfair advantage

Without Parker and Macca, our defensive structure in the middle was not the best. One try they score up the middle was through a gap as big as Ennis's mouth

Hook was dumb in this one IMO. Stagg at Hooker??? Just stupid. Dropping 2 props off the bench for 2 backrowers against the Warriors. Dumb. I know Granville can't play the 80 but surely Glenn is a better option to play some hooker ahead of Stagg. Lowrie and Stagg are just no good really. We don't need workhorses on the bench. We have plenty of them. Give us some props FFS.

Hook was dumb in this one IMO. Stagg at Hooker??? Just stupid. Dropping 2 props off the bench for 2 backrowers against the Warriors. Dumb. I know Granville can't play the 80 but surely Glenn is a better option to play some hooker ahead of Stagg. Lowrie and Stagg are just no good really. We don't need workhorses on the bench. We have plenty of them. Give us some props FFS.

This is one of the consequences of Kennedy's poor form

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • mystico
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Culhwch
  • tajhay
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.