Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Just on the news that Macca strained his medial and will likely miss the Warriors.

Re: Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Just on the news that Macca strained his medial and will likely miss the Warriors.

That sucks. I have faith that Granville can do a decent job for us though... Griffin better pick granville

I doubt they'll give Granville 80. Expecting Glenn to be named there TBH which will allow Hannant & McGuire to both start. The bye has come at a very good time.

I bet they pick Lowrie or Stagg at hooker.

I would like to see Granville at least get a go off the bench after the big Warriors tire out a bit.

I think Matulino will be out as well so that's a bonus.

I would like to see Granville at least get a go off the bench after the big Warriors tire out a bit.

I think Matulino will be out as well so that's a bonus.

I expect he would. He's been 18th man numerous times, so he's not on the outer. The only think keeping him out has been Macca's terrific form which he's been able to maintain for 80. Even if we put an 80 minute back-rower there, hooker is a lot more demanding. Granville will likely have to play a minimum of 30 minutes even if benched.

Yea, that's a pity about Macca, but at least the bye will allow him more time to recover. I reckon Glenn will be named Hooker with Granville on the bench. Will be a tough match either way, Warriors have / are starting to run into some form.

Well I'd be bloody pleased to see Granville ( fa fa fa fetch cloth ) get a run. Even if he didn't get a full time gig at Brisbane I'd like to see him showcase his wares and perhaps become a permanent top grader somewhere else. He seemed to have the X factor like some of the top flight hookers. That instinct to dart when it's on and keep the defence back pedalling. Hope Macca gets better real quick though. Like Hunt he is becoming more and more useful each game.

I don't think that it is a coincidence that our best games this year have been when Macca has played 80 mins

Where did you here this?
Wally Lewis had a piece on Nein. Showed Macca at the airport on crutches.

I don't think that it is a coincidence that our best games this year have been when Macca has played 80 mins

It's not a coincidence at all. In fact it's not even true. Granville played the game against the Knights that we won 32-6.

There has been a rumour going round that Granville may go to the cowboys so he may not be available

There has been a rumour going round that Granville may go to the cowboys so he may not be available

Wouldn't be surprised, Green's his ex-coach.

I'm the mole section of RLW he reckons they are set to sign him.

Not a bad pick up for them if true. I rate Granville, but he's unlikely to get any quality time in first grade with us, given the form of McCullough this year.

While I'd like to keep him as a back up, he deserves the chance to show his wares. The Cowboys have been weak in this area for some time, and he's not a bad replacement for the spark out of dummy half they've lacked since Segeyaro/Payne.

Ordinarily I'd say releasing our only backup hooker is dangerous. But as it stands, IMO Granville is only a bench hooker, he'd never last 65+ minutes in the NRL, not without severely compromising his strengths anyway. So in any case we'd have to use a fill-in as the main hooker anyway, so even though it will be sad to lose him, for his sake we shouldn't hold him back.

I'm the mole section of RLW he reckons they are set to sign him.

Now watch him star for them and not us. Granville could bring a lot of attacking flair to our team if he was used at all.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.