Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Re: Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I don't get the fuss with us not playing Granville. McCullough finally up to playing 80 minutes so having 4 forwards on the bench is working. It will be a shame if Granville goes but that is footy.

Now watch him star for them and not us. Granville could bring a lot of attacking flair to our team if he was used at all.

Our best footy this year has been played when Macca has played the 80 ... so why put Granville on the bench and take Macca off.

IMO, we can't play both at the same time.

we are far better off with the 4 forwards on the bench IMO

I do worry about how we will handle it if Macca is out too long, because Granville, IMO, is only good for a maximum 10 min stints ... not good if you are to be a starting hooker in the NRL.

Last edited:

Our best footy this year has been played when Macca has played the 80 ... so why put Granville on the bench and take Macca off.

IMO, we can't play both at the same time.

we are far better off with the 4 forwards on the bench IMO

That statement is wrong though. Granville played that Knights game where we won 32-6 or whatever. That would have been one of our most dominant performances.

I don't think we should take Macca off. I think they should share hooker and five-eight when Granville comes on. Hoffman to the wing and Vidot into the forward pack. Will give us some speed on the outside for when granville makes breaks up the middle with the tired forwards.

That statement is wrong though. Granville played that Knights game where we won 32-6 or whatever. That would have been one of our most dominant performances.

I don't think we should take Macca off. I think they should share hooker and five-eight when Granville comes on. Hoffman to the wing and Vidot into the forward pack. Will give us some speed on the outside for when granville makes breaks up the middle with the tired forwards.

He played in one convincing win against one of the worst teams in the comp ...

and to get Granville on for the 10 minutes max he is capable of, you want to make massive changes to the team ... that many changes will really kill any momentum we have gained in the match.

I remember Griffin has done that once before in a game (making many changes mid game) and damn near every person on this forum complained loudly about it.

I have heard CP13 has a fractured eye socket. Can anyone confirm this?

Dont worry i have seen the confirmation

Last edited:

Does anyone know if McGuire got charged by the match review committee?

He played in one convincing win against one of the worst teams in the comp ...

and to get Granville on for the 10 minutes max he is capable of, you want to make massive changes to the team ... that many changes will really kill any momentum we have gained in the match.

I remember Griffin has done that once before in a game (making many changes mid game) and damn near every person on this forum complained loudly about it.

One from two is a pretty good record. And he played well in both. He's more than capable of playing more than 10 minutes. But bringing him on gives us an attacking flair we don't have. They weren't one of the worst teams in the comp when we played them either.

Those changes are pretty much the changes everyone wants anyway. Vidot is pretty much our best prop, Hoffman our best winger. Everyone wants McCullough to play 80 minutes and Hoffman out of 6, even if it is for a short amount of time.

One from two is a pretty good record. And he played well in both. He's more than capable of playing more than 10 minutes. But bringing him on gives us an attacking flair we don't have. They weren't one of the worst teams in the comp when we played them either.

Those changes are pretty much the changes everyone wants anyway. Vidot is pretty much our best prop, Hoffman our best winger. Everyone wants McCullough to play 80 minutes and Hoffman out of 6, even if it is for a short amount of time.

The Knights have won 2 games all year and are only ahead of the Sharks on points difference. the Knights are the second worst attacking team (ahead of only the sharks), they are the 6th worst defensive team... iif we didn't get that scoreline against them, questions would have been asked about us.

making as many changes you want us to make during a match would be a mistake.

Vidot is in fine form, leave him where he is. he makes his meters on the edges against smaller men, not up the middle.

Macca is playing well and for 80 mins, if its not broke don't fix it.

Granvilles one asset are his darts for dummy half, but any longer that 10 mins at the end of a half and we go back to the type of one out stuff that is so hated around here.

Of course everyone wants Hoffman out of 6, and so do I, but moving Macca there during the game won't help us at all. it would be severely weakening our dummy half to slightly strengthen out 6. (there is a reason that Macca was moved out of 6 in the 20s).

The Knights have won 2 games all year and are only ahead of the Sharks on points difference. the Knights are the second worst attacking team (ahead of only the sharks), they are the 6th worst defensive team... iif we didn't get that scoreline against them, questions would have been asked about us.

making as many changes you want us to make during a match would be a mistake.

Vidot is in fine form, leave him where he is. he makes his meters on the edges against smaller men, not up the middle.

Macca is playing well and for 80 mins, if its not broke don't fix it.

Granvilles one asset are his darts for dummy half, but any longer that 10 mins at the end of a half and we go back to the type of one out stuff that is so hated around here.

Of course everyone wants Hoffman out of 6, and so do I, but moving Macca there during the game won't help us at all. it would be severely weakening our dummy half to slightly strengthen out 6. (there is a reason that Macca was moved out of 6 in the 20s).

Yes but the Knights weren't that bad when we played them.

Vidot makes metres everywhere on the field, the middle especially.

Macca isn't playing well for 80 minutes. He is playing well for 60-70 minutes and disappearing for a bit. Because he is making 50 tackles as well. Would be perfect for him to move out and defend out wide for a bit whilst we bring someone on who can spark the attack while the other team is getting tired.

It would not be severely weakening our dummy half at all. It would be changing the style, making the opposition think a lot more and giving us an opportunity to score more points. Seriously, one more try in the final ten minutes would have us flying high on top of the ladder right now.

Heh, "Glanville".

Good player but seriously overrated by some who see his omission as an oppression of youth.

Think he's a horses for courses player. McCullough is still adjusting to the expectations of playing 80 but he's probably had his best season to date and by making Granny a permanent member you could be throwing the whole team out of wack.

Would I have him over Lowrie?

Sure, but I'd have a few players over both - Brandon Lee being one but then maybe it's because I'm desperate for the Broncos to have their own version of Carter and Lee has always impressed me in the 20s in so much that he's consistent and doesn't play like he's auditioning for the Auckland 9s.

Yeah it was a dominant performance against the knights...

What happens if McCullough gets a serious injury? Do we have a winger as back up?

What happens if McCullough gets a serious injury? Do we have a winger as back up?

I imagine Griffin will use a front rower there..

Perhaps Kennedy will make a comeback as the hooker.

Seems this has just happened with McCullough ruled out for 4 weeks. That means he will miss two games (Warriors and Sharks) so here is Granvilles chance to swim or sink in first grade. I'm assuming he will play hooker with maybe lowrie filling in off the bench.

Alex Glenn will start in the 9 with Granville coming on off the bench IMO.

So as it stands our team could look something like...

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Alex Glenn
10. Ben Hannant
11. Corey Oates
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Jake Granville
15. Todd Lowrie
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Francis Molo

With David Stagg a strong possibility of appearing on the bench too.

Just as well we have a million back-rowers!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.