[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young forward Xavier Willison is 19th man, after the NRL granted permission for his promotion from the Development List.

Good forward thinking promotion. I’ve been watching him pretty carefully since ALF Cup last year. He’s defending really well in ISC. He’s a great addition to tag along with the NRL guys.

Smith doing a great job with him again. Just keeps him on the bench let’s him make an impact and then hides him again.

His defence has been better than his attack but I thought he found some real attacking feel against the Hunters. Made some runs against a big physical side.

With his wingspan he just has to fall over from anywhere on the field and he'll grab em. His defence has been great, him and TC should hopefully iron out a few of our weak spots.

All I can ask is...how long have we got him wrapped up for? Please don't tell me only to the end of this year! All we will be doing is giving other clubs a chance to see him and poach him if so.

All I can ask is...how long have we got him wrapped up for? Please don't tell me only to the end of this year! All we will be doing is giving other clubs a chance to see him and poach him if so.

3 years.

according to Fox Sports he will be in a development contract for the next two years before moving into the top 30 in 2023.

if he stays on a development contract for the full two years, then i believe we get a 10% discount on him

3 years.

according to Fox Sports he will be in a development contract for the next two years before moving into the top 30 in 2023.

if he stays on a development contract for the full two years, then i believe we get a 10% discount on him

How good is the Donut regime!

How good is the Donut regime!

sorry to burst your bubble but this signing was confirmed in December 2020 ... under the Paul White regime

sorry to burst your bubble but this signing was confirmed in December 2020 ... under the Paul White regime

Well he did two things right then, Haas and X-Man 1.

2 out of 5000 is...something.

With 2 games left to play, round 16, 2021:

- 3 absolute drubbings to nil;
- 1 absolute drubbing to 6, and;
- 2 relatively low scoring games decided by a field goal.

And special mention to the Storm scoring more points than any other team ever has up until this point in a season (another fun fact: at 584 points, it’s already 130 more than we’ve scored in seasons 2020 and ‘21 combined…).

PVL must be so proud. What a spectacle the NRL has become… 🙄

With 2 games left to play, round 16, 2021:

- 3 absolute drubbings to nil;
- 1 absolute drubbing to 6, and;
- 2 relatively low scoring games decided by a field goal.

And special mention to the Storm scoring more points than any other team ever has up until this point in a season (another fun fact: at 584 points, it’s already 130 more than we’ve scored in seasons 2020 and ‘21 combined…).

PVL must be so proud. What a spectacle the NRL has become… 🙄

Yeah well they've crippled the defensive side of the sport with poorly thought out rules and over the top officiating, it's no wonder the points are being racked up and the games have become 'samey' and dull as dog shit.

Yep it's a disaster. I used to watch 2-4 games a week now I watch the Broncos game and just the start of other games and as soon as a team goes on a run i switch off. If the NRL wants to keep the 6 again it just needs to be used when teams are attacking in the opponents 20 m and for all other infringements it should revert back to a penalty. The 6 again instead of giving teams more attacking options just rewards the better teams who kick to a corner then blatantly give away a 6 again on the first tackle to allow their defence to reset. Contrast this with a penalty which allows the resulting kick for touch to move the play 20-30 meters upfield. The better teams will still win but without the one way traffic score blow out that causes fans to switch off.

If PVL wants to improve the game as a spectacle just enforce the held call in a tackle. When held is called you roll away immediately not wait 1-2 seconds till the ref either calls out the player by name or calls clear. If in doubt get the players to watch any game from the 80's or 90's.

The biggest and quickest fix is just to get rid of 6 again altogether. I’d start watching again with that one change but it is the one thing that won’t change because it is the idiot in charge’s baby and he’s too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

While I'm not expecting miracles, I'm keen to see Kobe start at lock today. Everything I've seen of him so far he looks like an absolute never give up hard edge all effort player who's always up for the fight.

Hopefully rips in 100 mile an hour.

I just want to see a good defensive performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.