vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about picking Mozer is crazy.
Honestly looking more into him I think your right, I thought he was already a regular in Qcup at this point but he only had his first game last week off the bench as a 14, he also said he hasn't had any strength training until this year after he finished school, skill wise he is probably already there but he needs time to build his body to play against men which will come in the off season even though size wise at 183cm he is pretty tall for a hooker he would be built a bit too skinny, unless he explodes in the scene in Qcup I think he won't debut until next season at the earliest.

Honestly looking more into him I think your right, I thought he was already a regular in Qcup at this point but he only had his first game last week off the bench as a 14, he also said he hasn't had any strength training until this year after he finished school, skill wise he is probably already there but he needs time to build his body to play against men which will come in the off season even though size wise at 183cm he is pretty tall for a hooker he would be built a bit too skinny, unless he explodes in the scene in Qcup I think he won't debut until next season at the earliest.

If you think it's bad now wait until Thursday night about 9pm when they've seen him play for the first time and if he plays well suddenly can play 80 minutes of NRL.

In fairness for those calling for him to come in (I’m not one of them), I get it. Turpin is a handbrake for this team and despite claims of his greatness but some posters previously, he is a proven spud, so Mozer is basically the face of ‘anyone but Jake’.

In fairness for those calling for him to come in (I’m not one of them), I get it. Turpin is a handbrake for this team and despite claims of his greatness but some posters previously, he is a proven spud, so Mozer is basically the face of ‘anyone but Jake’.
So you're saying I'm still a chance of making first grade?

And there's some short memories here. Turpin was the GOAT around here when he replaced Macca, simply because he wasn't Macca...

I'd pick Haas at 9 before Mozer.

Not sure the exact mechanisms but at very least he could be upgraded to top 30 before August 1st so I believe he can.

Would be interesting to give him 15-20 minutes but I wonder if there is a clever way to hide him in defence.

Maybe name a centre who can defend in the middle for 20 minutes and hide Mozer at left centre like we used to do with Berrigan. Capewell maybe?
Could explain why the news broke a few weeks ago that Turpin is free to leave...

With the way TC and Piakura have been playing in Cup recently, are they any chance of nabbing a bench spot for this game or even taking Riki's starting spot in the near future if he doesn't improve?

Deine Mariner returned for Wynnum on the weekend. Made a line break and ran 85 metres, only to be brought down a metre short. Probably not ready for the big time yet but could do a job for a week if needed.

Mostly because he’s just had surgery on a broken leg or something, but that one extra metre and his name on the try scorers list would have had him locked in to most peoples team lists for next week

Put him at 14, 'anyone but Turpin'.

Has anyone pointed out the irony of “anyone but Turpin” in the way that he was originally called God because he was “anyone but McCullough”?

I'm sure it has been but is it the same people saying it? I don't remember but I am pretty sure there weren't that many calling him anything other than an upgrade on Macca with time has proven to also be false.

I'm sure it has been but is it the same people saying it? I don't remember but I am pretty sure there weren't that many calling him anything other than an upgrade on Macca with time has proven to also be false.
Largely because what people loved about him has all but disappeared from his game?

He didn't light the world on fire, but he made a few nice darts, threw better passes and generally was seen as an upgrade from Macca.

The last couple of years have not been kind - he's gone slow, lost the runs from DH and his passes are sometimes forwards, sometimes to no-one and sometimes around their bloody ankles. He's never been amazing, but still managed to go backwards.

Largely because what people loved about him has all but disappeared from his game?

He didn't light the world on fire, but he made a few nice darts, threw better passes and generally was seen as an upgrade from Macca.

The last couple of years have not been kind - he's gone slow, lost the runs from DH and his passes are sometimes forwards, sometimes to no-one and sometimes around their bloody ankles. He's never been amazing, but still managed to go backwards.
I tried to workout where it all went wrong. It was after he broke his leg. I like turps, his attitude is top knotch. He's obviously not a natural athlete but his effort can never be questioned. Hope he does well at a new club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.