vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Piakura to keep churning out 80 minutes for Norths. His form is starting to show promise and he needs to keep playing full games.

He's been pretty uninspiring in the games I've watched of him this season, really hope he's got more in the kit bag than what he's shown so far.

Hasn't played a lot of footy, so happy to give him some time. But if he's not hitting his straps by early next season we might have to re-asses his title as a 'future star'.

He's been pretty uninspiring in the games I've watched of him this season, really hope he's got more in the kit bag than what he's shown so far.

Hasn't played a lot of footy, so happy to give him some time. But if he's not hitting his straps by early next season we might have to re-asses his title as a 'future star'.
Seems like the sort of player that doesn’t take footy too seriously and has just relied on his natural abilities. Obviously I have no idea but that’s just the impression I get.

I’ve actually been pretty impressed with him the last few games I’ve seen. I have no idea of his stats but they never tell the full story anyway. He has done some really nice passes to release his outside men and has pulled off some really nice covering tackles. If he keeps on the field, I have no doubt he will improve out of sight.

If we manage to jag a win up there I'd be super impressed. let's not forget at the beginning of the season most of us were saying we're expecting to make the 8. Mind you some of us were saying that with no real conviction.

Now we've lifted our goal and set our sites on finishing in the top 4. Without Herbie and Paix it's a tall ask for Townsville, and keep in mind Reyno is nursing some dodgy ribs.

All of our origin boys deserve a huge rap for just turning up after that brutal run around Klien subjected them to out in Perth.

We win in Townsville and I'm seriously thinking we're a shot this year if we have all available troops on board come September. Go Broncos!!!!

I thought he’s been pretty promising. He’s had very limited games under his belt and even less against men. He’s starting to transfer some of the freak ability he showed against the young guys and if he is able to keep building his ability to play 80 minutes and bring some of his talents with him to the adult comp he is a definite star.

I think since he's back from the injury in Toowoomba he's played his best four ISC games out of the 14 he's played, it's been coming together.

Like everything he seems to do it's not good timing; Norths have lost their coach and had a mixture of players this season so far- if he'd been playing like this last year he looks even better.

This week against Wynnum will be good for him, Scarlett will make him make choices and Bateman will attack him.

If we manage to jag a win up there I'd be super impressed. let's not forget at the beginning of the season most of us were saying we're expecting to make the 8. Mind you some of us were saying that with no real conviction.

Now we've lifted our goal and set our sites on finishing in the top 4. Without Herbie and Paix it's a tall ask for Townsville, and keep in mind Reyno is nursing some dodgy ribs.

All of our origin boys deserve a huge rap for just turning up after that brutal run around Klien subjected them to out in Perth.

We win in Townsville and I'm seriously thinking we're a shot this year if we have all available troops on board come September. Go Broncos!!!!
Hahah yeah pretty crazy to think that now I would be a tad disappointed if we didn’t finish top 4. After the 4 losses in a row I thought it was going to be another year of misery.

I thought he was Cook Islands best in a team completely outgunned by their opposition

I think top 6 is now where we should finish, but we have certainly been beaten up health wise over the last few weeks. Next week against dragons is a big game, because they're largely unaffected by origin, but we could have even more additions... so we will need our spine more than ever for that game.

Parra, Cows and Sharks all have easier draws heading into the finals... whereas rabbits and roosters have a tough road into the finals and we have a decent gap on the chasing pack now... although a loss to dragons starts to drag us back into that pack.

I think top 6 is now where we should finish, but we have certainly been beaten up health wise over the last few weeks. Next week against dragons is a big game, because they're largely unaffected by origin, but we could have even more additions... so we will need our spine more than ever for that game.

Parra, Cows and Sharks all have easier draws heading into the finals... whereas rabbits and roosters have a tough road into the finals and we have a decent gap on the chasing pack now... although a loss to dragons starts to drag us back into that pack.
We need to find another gear over the next few weeks if we are to run with the pack. We’ve played some good football over the past 2 months ( best since 2015) but the good teams will lift from this point towards the finals and if we’ve already seen our best, I think 7th or 8th is where we land. As good as they’ve played, they need to turn it ip if we want anything close to top 4. I bloody hope the sleeping giant is about to wake up!!

Hahah yeah pretty crazy to think that now I would be a tad disappointed if we didn’t finish top 4. After the 4 losses in a row I thought it was going to be another year of misery.
Plenty of time left for that to still be the case.

We need to find another gear over the next few weeks if we are to run with the pack. We’ve played some good football over the past 2 months ( best since 2015) but the good teams will lift from this point towards the finals and if we’ve already seen our best, I think 7th or 8th is where we land. As good as they’ve played, they need to turn it ip if we want anything close to top 4. I bloody hope the sleeping giant is about to wake up!!
I think that will come down to health of the roster moving out of origin.

Reyno is carrying a rib issue and Gamble coming of stress? fractures
Haas with two bung shoulders and maybe a niggle with his ankle
Paix is still out for a couple weeks... and Turps was looking for a move only a few weeks back (has until Aug 1 to move), so that could start getting traction again
Herbie out until the last few rounds of the year
Origin contingent being far heavier than normal with Patty playing big minutes and having a huge contribution

For the next month or so we'll need big games from the TMM's, Staggs and co who have had a lighter load over the last month and are healthier.

If we can keep a gap to the chasing pack then I'd be looking to give Payne, Carrigan and the origin crew a rest at some point in the back end.

I thought he was Cook Islands best in a team completely outgunned by their opposition

He made a couple of try saving tackles, no questions asked. Aside from that he wasn't good at all, really. The numbers support that.

9 runs, 81 metres, 1 tackle bust.
26 tackles, 5 ineffective, 4 missed.

They were a well beaten side, but they're not the numbers you're looking for from a guy we've invested a pretty serious amount of money in to. I'd also expect him to be putting up significantly better numbers in Queensland Cup, considering his alleged talent level.

As I said earlier, he's still young, but not as young as some may think, he's older than Mam, Cobbo, Willison, etc. Few months younger than Niu & Robati. At some point he may actually have to start delivering, hopefully it's soon.

He made a couple of try saving tackles, no questions asked. Aside from that he wasn't good at all, really. The numbers support that.

They were a well beaten side, but they're not the numbers you're looking for from a guy we've invested a pretty serious amount of money in to. I'd also expect him to be putting up significantly better numbers in Queensland Cup, considering his alleged talent level.

As I said earlier, he's still young, but not as young as some may think, he's older than Mam, Cobbo, Willison, etc. Few months younger than Niu & Robati. At some point he may actually have to start delivering, hopefully it's soon.

There it is! The stats must tell the full story.

I don't care if we lose this game. I suspect we will and the round after too. The key for us to get our origin guys back and Reynolds as well at the right time of the year so that hopefully they are fresh and firing for the pointy end of the season. No more injuries is so much more important than wins at this point of the season for where we currently stand.

Of course I want the wins too before the retorts come, I am just saying don't be surprised if we teeter and splutter a bit for the next few weeks.

Honestly stats don't mean shit, alongside Anthony gelling he was very impressive for Cook islands.

Cook islands where a team that had some QLD cup players and NSW cup players compared to Samoa who where full of first graders some of them pretty much close to superstars, what do you honestly expect?

Also, Forwards in General peak later then backs and I wouldn't write players off for not being superstars at age 20, plenty of elite players didn't debut until a few years later then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.