Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I normally try and find the positives in our team bit watching Turpin play just shot me down. He has no football intelligence at all, I mean look at that stupid obstruction he done when we were on the front foot. If we had true impact off the bench we were certainly closer than what the score said.

Kicking a kick off out on the full , kicking into the in goal for 7 tackle sets .
I Don`t think that was affected by forwards running at him .

The problem with kicks in general play is the depth Reynolds is standing and the speed of the pass to him .
Standing too shallow and the pass too slow gives the markers time . Then the markers / chasers can reach him . A metre deeper and a faster pass and he has more time to execute .
Also this is where TMM, Billy and Ezra need to step up aswell to take pressure off Reynolds.
Teams know Adam will be kicking, they need to mix it up abit. Even if they don't kick they need to look like they are.

Also this is where TMM, Billy and Ezra need to step up aswell to take pressure off Reynolds.
Teams know Adam will be kicking, they need to mix it up abit. Even if they don't kick they need to look like they are.

Ezra can and will kick .
Where and when are any bodies guess . LOL .

The other thing that the Cows did well last night was that they heavily targetted Reynolds when we were defending. They had forwards changing their line to just run at him repeatedly. Clever tactic and well carried out. All that defence and targetting him when he was kicking (as @Huge noted) impacted the effectiveness of his kicking game and tackling.

Riki should be smashing every bloke that runs in Reyno's direction, but he doesn't do it and it's frustrating.

You've got a bloke with a rib injury that's been out for a bit, running at him is a no brainer, but protecting him isn't for some reason..

Thats why Gamble needs to be 5/8. We can be confident in his kicking game. Look how well he took over in the games Reynolds was injured.

Riki should be smashing every bloke that runs in Reyno's direction, but he doesn't do it and it's frustrating.

You've got a bloke with a rib injury that's been out for a bit, running at him is a no brainer, but protecting him isn't for some reason..
He was handling the tackling like a champ .
Showing some of the big boys how to dominate a tackle . But passing early and over cooking his kicks . Then there was throwing a pass for an intercept .

Fit Gamble better than unfit Reynolds . Never thought I would say that ! .

It's not hard, at the end of sets pile the bodies infront of Reynolds when he kicks, plenty of other teams do it.

Ezra can and will kick .
Where and when are any bodies guess . LOL .
Ezra will be kicking himself over some of his kicks against the Cowboys, and getting raked over them in the replays today, but I'm okay with it. You can tell he's growing in confidence, and will only improve. Those of us who remember Alfie as he really was, rather then from the highlights will remember shouting at the TV over him chancing his leg on low percenters. But when he pulled them off...

Thats why Gamble needs to be 5/8. We can be confident in his kicking game. Look how well he took over in the games Reynolds was injured.
I can't recall Reynolds getting hit as much and seemed to have more time when Gamble was at 6.

Ezra will be kicking himself over some of his kicks against the Cowboys, and getting raked over them in the replays today, but I'm okay with it. You can tell he's growing in confidence, and will only improve. Those of us who remember Alfie as he really was, rather then from the highlights will remember shouting at the TV over him chancing his leg on low percenters. But when he pulled them off...

Guilty of trying too hard .
I like the way he is growing into the job . A lesson in patience last week .

Kind of guy who makes you take notice every time he touches the ball .
Gonna be a bigger draw than Selwyn I believe because he is a little more extrovert .

Alfie’s thing was to take a quick tap when there was a gift 2 points on offer.

Ezra always goes for the right plays, it's just execution that isn't there, easier to execute better than it is to stop taking the wrong option.

I do think we seem a little flat (attitude wise) without gamble.

I would be having a chat with Billy and getting him to fill the niggle/mongrel role and put it on him to drive the energy/passion within the team. Against souths he started a bit of niggle with walker and put him off his game, and has shown some aggression other times.

Yes...I like it. I think its his GO....TBH...

He's got a very punchable face.......

He was handling the tackling like a champ .
Showing some of the big boys how to dominate a tackle . But passing early and over cooking his kicks . Then there was throwing a pass for an intercept .

Fit Gamble better than unfit Reynolds . Never thought I would say that ! .
I do feel bad for Gamble, he isn't a 6 at first grade even though in Qcup thats what he plays at, but he is too good to be playing in 2nd tier tbh.

It's strange tbh for someone to be a natural 7 at a higher level but a 6 at a lower level(though it might just be that he heavily favours playing on the right no matter what).

Kevvie really needs to look at him playing as a playmaking 13 to keep him in the team.

Reyno is a bit fragile and Gamble is very much a 1st grade 7 option we have.

I do think we seem a little flat (attitude wise) without gamble.

I would be having a chat with Billy and getting him to fill the niggle/mongrel role and put it on him to drive the energy/passion within the team. Against souths he started a bit of niggle with walker and put him off his game, and has shown some aggression other times.
Even better than asking Billy to impersonate Gamble, would be to actually pick Gamble :happy:

Unread

Active Now

• teampjta
  • FACTHUNT
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.