Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The other thing that the Cows did well last night was that they heavily targetted Reynolds when we were defending. They had forwards changing their line to just run at him repeatedly. Clever tactic and well carried out. All that defence and targetting him when he was kicking (as @Huge noted) impacted the effectiveness of his kicking game and tackling.

When are teams ever "fully fit"? Especially this time of year? The Cowboys were missing Luki, Cotter and Dunn. The Broncos casualty list is a little longer but I don't think it's a factor.

The Cowboys were by far and away the better team in the two clashes and have played the better brand of footy throughout the season. The Broncos have amazingly rebounded this year after a really horrible patch. But it doesn't compare to what the Cowboys have achieved. They are on a different level to us and we have to accept that.

We have the Cowboys exactly where we want them.
Our spine was totally decimated when TMM was out injured at the 20 minute mark forcing a third of the team to play out of their natural positions. AR played his worst game of the year with a rib injury, Turpin being turpin an anchor to the team's offence, Cobbo's atrocious 28% tackle efficiency.

Even with all that going against us, we were only 8 points down with 4 minutes to go. The Cowboys are only 4 points ahead of the Broncs on the ladder having played one more game, so no they are not on another level than us. Come finals footy we'll have the spinal cavalry back. Paix, TMM, Reynolds full fit and healthy.

So yeah we have the Cowboys exactly where we want them. We have them by the balls.

Niu was fantastic in his very last half he played for us against Penrith. We were neck and neck with Penrith until he went off injured then we fell apart.

I'm actually keen to see if that was a one off good game, or if he really went to the next level.
Tesi showed some quick hands that lead to a break and a grubber that was a nice touch in that game .
I thought he was showing some nice skills . Then did his other hammy .

Piakura went off too and never came back from an HIA about quarter of the way through the game.

how many concussions is that for Piakura now.

I fear he's got retirement from concussion in his future

The other thing that the Cows did well last night was that they heavily targetted Reynolds when we were defending. They had forwards changing their line to just run at him repeatedly. Clever tactic and well carried out. All that defence and targetting him when he was kicking (as @Huge noted) impacted the effectiveness of his kicking game and tackling.

Kicking a kick off out on the full , kicking into the in goal for 7 tackle sets .
I Don`t think that was affected by forwards running at him .

The problem with kicks in general play is the depth Reynolds is standing and the speed of the pass to him .
Standing too shallow and the pass too slow gives the markers time . Then the markers / chasers can reach him . A metre deeper and a faster pass and he has more time to execute .

Tesi showed some quick hands that lead to a break and a grubber that was a nice touch in that game .
I thought he was showing some nice skills . Then did his other hammy .
Any details on his injury?

Kicking a kick off out on the full , kicking into the in goal for 7 tackle sets .

The problem with kicks in general play is the depth Reynolds is standing and the speed of the pass to him .
Standing too shallow and the pass too slow gives the markers time . Then the markers / chasers can reach him . A metre deeper and a faster pass and he has more time to execute .
A little column A...and a little of column B

We need to protect the kicker better......and he needs to stand deeper.

A rushed kick is 9/10 always going to lead to a poor kick result.

A little column A...and a little of column B

We need to protect the kicker better......and he needs to stand deeper.

A rushed kick is 9/10 always going to lead to a poor kick result.

Watch out for a crack down on players blocking chasers around the DH .
All good to stand in the way , but ,,, grabbing chasers or stepping into their path is dirty play . IMO .

Seeing more of it lately . Payne Haas lookin at you bro .

Mate I think fatigue can play in to making mistakes like that. But I also agree with you that he is not standing deep enough and he is getting slow service or inaccurate service where he has to reach for the ball.

Mate I think fatigue can play in to making mistakes like that. But I also agree with you that he is not standing deep enough and he is getting slow service or inaccurate service where he has to reach for the ball.

Yes I understand fatigue causing errors .
1st kick was a 7 tackle set ...

Distraction was more the problem I think . Worrying about his ribs . He didn`t go as deep into the line before passing as he normally would either which meant the edge guys had less space .

Yes I understand fatigue causing errors .
1st kick was a 7 tackle set ...

Distraction was more the problem I think . Worrying about his ribs . He didn`t go as deep into the line before passing as he normally would either which meant the edge guys had less space .
Hopefully as time goes on he builds up confidence that his ribs are okay.

Hopefully as time goes on he builds up confidence that his ribs are okay.

I think him and TMM are passengers for the next month or more .
Could play , but not able to perform some skills and efforts at 100 % .

Riki was in that category recently . eg Can tackle , but wary of running with the ball for the pain it brings .
Reynolds tackled like a champ the other night . Running and kicking were below par for him .

TMM has had sore ribs for a while too . Saturday finished him off .

Watch out for a crack down on players blocking chasers around the DH .
All good to stand in the way , but ,,, grabbing chasers or stepping into their path is dirty play . IMO .

Seeing more of it lately . Payne Haas lookin at you bro .
Agree......you can stand in the way but you can't grab or step into the path. That should give a penalty.

I wasn't able to see us even having bodies in the way the other night.......

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.