Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Would it be worth replacing Turpin with piakura next game?

That'd be a fucking very, very brave move.....
It would be, but I'll be more than happy with him whatever he decides. He's played with all heart every game for us, nothing more I can ask for as a fan and if he does go to the Warriors, I hope he kills it.

Never rated him in his last stint in the NRL but the way he's defended and made last ditch try savers, can't help but love the guy.

Warriors already have Volkman, Asi and Johnson though. I mean I could definitely see them going after TMM as none of the halves I listed are world beaters but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t either.
SJ looks to be on his last legs and I think it's been noted by Big Pete and co that Asi is actually more an outside back than a half. I think warriors also indicated that Asi improved their outside back depth.

So that could leave them with a rookie 7 in Volkman and an ageing and near retired SJ, who's form has fallen off a cliff... also Walsh is no guarantee to be hanging around for much longer either, so if he's not staying then you've got TMM there to jump into fullback

I've been on this bandwagon for years, and i'm sticking to it. Staggs would make a great backrower with the lines he runs and i think we would get more out of him

The right towards the side line then step back line ?
Worked against the Roosters a cpl of months back ? Hasn`t worked since . Then his plan B is give it to Selwyn who is tip toeing the side line .
He played 6 for Tonga and did nothin . I think Selwyn is a better centre than Kotoni at this stage .

Worked against the Roosters a cpl of months back ? Hasn`t worked since . Then his plan B is give it to Selwyn who is tip toeing the side line .
He played 6 for Tonga and did nothin . I think Selwyn is a better centre than Kotoni at this stage .
Kotoni's defence is underrated and his left arm fend is the best in the business. Needs more ball.

He pretty much runs straight and hard, and he is a more powerful ball runner than Riki. I think in the areas he would be getting the ball in the back row he would do a hell of a lot more damage than Riki. They way he gets the ball and runs in the centers wouldnt be the same if he was receiving the ball as an edge backrower.

Cobbo has literally shown nothing at center. I'm not saying he wont, but he hasnt played there in the NRL. He needs to stay on the wing. I dont think he is ready to play any other position yet. He will have some good moments, like he did last night at fullback but i still think at least for this year he needs to just stay as a winger.

TBF I'd take Riki and his attitude over Staggs every time. He is in nearly every set, that means the possibility for a mistake is way higher.

I`d have TC Robati relieve Riki .
Riki is worth one game changing mistake per ATM .WTF was that flick pass crap he tried on last night ? Palasia is not an edge player . OK in the middle not mobile enough for 2nd row .
Kotoni's defence is underrated and his left arm fend is the best in the business. Needs the ball more.

He only has one line / move ATM .
You can bet money that`s what oppositions drill during the week they play the broncs . Stand inside Kotoni because he will step back in then we can ball and all tackle him and threaten to push him out . With a bit of luck and or a greasy ground his step back in is nullified . Then he might even give it to his winger in a worse position .
Like fcking ground hog day atm ...

I`d have TC Robati relieve Riki .
Riki is worth one game changing mistake per ATM .WTF was that flick pass crap he tried on last night ? Palasia is not an edge player . OK in the middle not mobile enough for 2nd row .

He only has one line / move ATM .
You can bet money that`s what oppositions drill during the week they play the broncs . Stand inside Kotoni because he will step back in then we can ball and all tackle him and threaten to push him out . With a bit of luck and or a greasy ground his step back in is nullified . Then he might even give it to his winger in a worse position .
Like fcking ground hog day atm ...
Kotoni made 16 tackles last night, Jordan made 39. Their edge got really hammered, but they managed to contain Holmes.

Next week our team is a shambles with origin, but the following week we need Brenko Lee gone for Hoeter or anyone else. Bloke is just too slow and isn’t part of our future anyway.

someone needs to fire a rocket up Staggs and Haas ass for both being shit the past month or two. Turpin should get dropped. He is just so fucking useless it’s not funny. I’d rather give mozer the game or two with 20 min off the bench until Paix is back. Otherwise our

hopefully TMM isn’t out for long. We need him at fullback.

palasia has been pretty shit the past month or two. I’d look to give him a bit of time off and get Robati or Willison a game.

The Cowboys are class right across the field, but Robson is probably the difference between the two sides. Switch him with Turpin and it's our game. By a lot.
That's a start anyways. Chuck in Drinkwater for TMM, Dearden for Mam, Holmes for Staggs, Nanai for Riki and Neame for Palasia. Now the sides are starting to even up.

I still cant believe some people didnt really want Drinkwater here.
The Cowboys weren't even sure they wanted him although they made it clear that they weren't releasing him despite him labouring in second tier initially there. He is a major part of their revival. Incredibly talented and clever footballer.

The Cowboys weren't even sure they wanted him although they made it clear that they weren't releasing him despite him labouring in second tier initially there. He is a major part of their revival. Incredibly talented and clever footballer.

He kind of got himself stuck wanting to play 6 but they didnt want him at 6. I still think he is an excellent fullback. Lets face it, he was Bellamy's pick to replace Slater until he got injured.

That's a start anyways. Chuck in Drinkwater for TMM, Dearden for Mam, Holmes for Staggs, Nanai for Riki and Neame for Palasia. Now the sides are starting to even up.
I'd take our halves over theirs. Reynolds had an uncharacteristic shocker. Truth is he shouldn't have played.

Holmes is their best player, granted. Probably the best player on the field last night. But Kotoni is no slouch, and he's considerably cheaper, even being one of our highest paid. I'd take Kotoni and Herbie over their two centres. Every single time.

Nanai and Neame for Riki and Palasia, maybe. But wouldn't make a world of difference. I'd take Capewell over Nanai.

I've been a big fan of Drinkwater for some time. I've been saying we should've bought him for a couple of years. Over Te Maire? Maybe, but I'd settle for Martin.

The big difference is Robson. He played 80 minutes at full tilt, and threatened our line all night. They didn't even need Granville, who would've caused havoc off the bench. Paix is decent, but he's not that level of hooker.

I'd take our halves over theirs. Reynolds had an uncharacteristic shocker. Truth is he shouldn't have played.

Holmes is their best player, granted. Probably the best player on the field last night. But Kotoni is no slouch, and he's considerably cheaper, even being one of our highest paid. I'd take Kotoni and Herbie over their two centres. Every single time.

Nanai and Neame for Riki and Palasia, maybe. But wouldn't make a world of difference. I'd take Capewell over Nanai.

I've been a big fan of Drinkwater for some time. I've been saying we should've bought him for a couple of years. Over Te Maire? Maybe, but I'd settle for Martin.

The big difference is Robson. He played 80 minutes at full tilt, and threatened our line all night. They didn't even need Granville, who would've caused havoc off the bench. Paix is decent, but he's not that level of hooker.
Couldn't agree more with this. People are massively over reacting to the loss. We weren't expected to win the last 2 games anyway and throw in the injuries we've had taking players out and coming back way less than 100% and I'm pretty happy with how we performed.

I think the main things that are of concern are our lapses in concentration (please don't let these continue) our right edge all of a sudden defending on their heels rather then coming forward like they were, and the soft middle we are getting later in the game. These are all things that are fixable with a few tweeks and players returning. Paix is obviously a big one, Reynolds recovering more, gambles enthusiasm and I think it's time willison came in for paliaasia. Paliaasia isn't playing with the same energy and impact as he was. He looked fit at the start of the year but I remember seeing a man that may or may not have been him ;) at a pub smoking and thinking surely that will effect him, maybe it has. Keen to re-sign him but also wouldn't lose sleep if he didn't. Think he'd turn into another bullemoore if he left (eg looks great coming in but has trouble keeping up with the weekly grind, would get a shock at a club who demand more from their bench). Don't get me wrong, I think he's been great, just looks tired. Willison brought high energy, especially in defence. Really impressed me with the last year

Dragons is a the big game for me.... are we going to return to our old habits or have we TRULY changed our mentality. I think we have but not as much as that winning run make it appear we have. We can't turn up thinking "we played well against teams 2 and 3 so we should win this". Some players need to learn that if they don't perform EVERY game they should be massively disappointed, we should want to win EVERY GAME. Last chance (not ever of course, but until they get dropped) for paliaasia niu (I know he wasn't playing, maybe until TMM is back at least), Turpin (even though he shouldn't get picked) for me. They are just lucky origin and injuries has got them this chance.

I think it's a bit rough to expect too much from Nui this week, it's his first week back after a while out and hey, look what Cap brought lastnight in similar circumstances. Nui should get a couple of weeks, pending TMM (who is absolutely 1st choice if fit). There's glimpses of something, though I have to agree he could be Isaako MkII as well.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • BRC088
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • sooticus
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.