Round 16 - Broncos vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit a Ron massey or ISC team could put points on us tonight.

Last edited:
What a dumb 1st half was that? Terrible terrible game from the guys so far.
Halfs are a total shit!

This is really not a team but an aimless collection of individuals, desperately in need of both proper coaching, and a genuine half .... as well as someone who can organize a decent game plan on field.

Line speed is again woeful, ruck defence is slow and disorganised.

Absolutely no self belief either. Kahu and Oates doing well.

Surely this must be the end of Nikorima's stay at 7

Holdzy's half time notes:

-Soft in the middle to open the game.
- Good edge defence to start the game, and good kicking from Milf early on
- Niko being dumb for no reason, running straight at Croker.
- Lol @ Croker missing right in front
-Pathetic drop ball from Milf around 10 mins
- Where was Boyd at the back? Totally missing.
- Awful 3rd and 4th tackle kicks from the halves. Awful
- Milf ruined Kahu's catch - Kahu had it clean, probably would have stayed in field of play
- Good job from Oates to let the ball go dead, and to get the ball back in after the kick for touch
- Awesome shot by Su'a on Austin
- Does Boyd offer anything in attack except the sweep?
- Was it 4 or 5 offside penalties against the Broncos that half or something? Awful discipline
- Lodge lucky with that penalty imo he lost it
- None of these kicks behind goal seem like an attempt to get a repeat set, just hoping for miracle tries
- Excellent tackle by Milf with about 9 to go, try saver...then penalty
- Isaako being caught out - recurring problem. Has to trust Roberts.
- Thaiday fucking smashed - he looks quite fat indeed. Made some decent tackles to make up for it after.

players I’d be cutting at the end of the year
Kahu
Milford
Niko
Glenn
Thaiday
Boyd
Bird
Sims
McCullough
You realise you can't just cut players who have contracts right ...

And I certainly don't know why you included Glenn (who is cheap and one if our best this year) or Kahu (who is cheap and reliable)

I hope you don't think we can get superstars in every position ... because you will be sorely disappointed

And signing bird instead of Taylor , if we offered him a reasonable amount he would have come back

We had the money for Taylor, but Broncos just weren’t willing to fork out over a million for him and quite frankly, he isn’t worth that much. Taylor wanted the big pay day.

He wouldn’t fix the shit we are currently dishing out.

We were so busy debating whether we should keep Hunt or Milford that we didn't stop to think if we should keep either of them.

I think i've been giving Milf the benefit of the doubt, but he just isnt performing and is becoming less and less effective each week. I'd actually rather see our ISC backup players in now. Dont think they are any better in terms of ability, but i think they would be more competitive. I'd rather have a team of workhorses actually than to have the talent we have that just isnt performing.

i think if they played with 12 men we still couldn't run a line to a hole. Dead set joke. Have not raged it in frustration at a first grade squad in so long. So many players taking the piss out there tonight.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with Milf seriously hes my fav player but cmon.....

Very concerned about him. It goes beyond just carrying Nikorima now. His kicks have been atrocious, he's thrown the ball to no one which led to Canberra points...He just looks disinterested.

And signing bird instead of Taylor , if we offered him a reasonable amount he would have come back
We did offer him a reasonable amount... the Titans offered him a monster contract

We had the money for Taylor, but Broncos just weren’t willing to fork out over a million for him and quite frankly, he isn’t worth that much.

Agreed. Pearce was available on 750k odd though and we didn't even send out a feeler...

Fucking harsh penslty at the end. No way they haven't been that far off side as well.

I don't think I've ever been this frustrated with the Broncos.
Bennett has to drop Boyd or switch him with Milf .

Id love to see us play with something that resembles a game plan.

We had the money for Taylor, but Broncos just weren’t willing to fork out over a million for him and quite frankly, he isn’t worth that much.

Totally agree. Why do people think it was a choice between Bird or Taylor? We chased both at the same time.

Fucking harsh penslty at the end. No way they haven't been that far off side as well.

I don't think I've ever been this frustrated with the Broncos.
Bennett has to drop Boyd or switch him with Milf .

Id love to see us play with something that resembles a game plan.
Did you say game plan? Do you mean strategy and organisation? using grey matter?

I haven't been embarrassed to be a Broncos supporter since the 2012-2014 seasons but I have a feeling this 2018 Broncos team will rise to the occasion and I feel this is the game.

This is really not a team but an aimless collection of individuals, desperately in need of both proper coaching, and a genuine half .... as well as someone who can organize a decent game plan on field.

Line speed is again woeful, ruck defence is slow and disorganised.

Absolutely no self belief either. Kahu and Oates doing well.

Surely this must be the end of Nikorima's stay at 7

lol every week is nikorima's last at hb. Too bad he'll probably set up or score a try in the dying minutes. Wayne Bennett will then offer him a contract for life.

Agreed. Pearce was available on 750k odd though and we didn't even send out a feeler...

To be fair, we would have been very very lucky to get him. He wanted to stay down there.

Green was probably the one we had a chance to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.