Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

Absolutely ashamed of our performance, hard day to be a broncos supporter..

The team is used to his style a lot more, since he's been our hooker for over 5 years now.

I don't think we looked unco when Granville was on the field though. We scored 22 points in less than 50 minutes before he went off. That's impressive.

I've always thought quick and accurate service was by far the most important thing for a hooker. And Hunt certainly looked like he benefited from it too. He always had plenty of time with the ball, and no defenders in his face when kicking it.

I disagree. The points we scored were the result of some pretty good plays but also, the Sharks were absolutely dreadful in defence.

When the Sharks came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half, we fell apart.

The litmus test is when the acid is applied. We failed miserably. We lost direction, purpose, composure and the middle, the all important middle.

Granville played really well, no doubts, and his was quick and very accurate in his service. But for mine, that is outweighed by the combinations and understandings, and good defence, that Macca brings, and Parker of course.

Combinations and making them happen by play makers is the core of a great side.

The excellent combination and execution play by Hunt and Glenn for that try was a good example How many times did we try it? Once I think, for a great try.

Last edited:
I know it's been said before. But I can see some value in giving Granville a run at six. He can defend as well as Hoffman , is quick, I've seen him pass the football and put in a grubber for a try last year.
I like this idea. TBH it's the first time I've heard it mentioned. I think he could make a very good 6 . Let's face it he'd have to be better then Josh who should send himself back to the wing for the good of the team.

Yeah, I've thought we needed to use our hole runners more for the past 1.5 years now. It needs to happen more often, but I feel we need to wait until we get a 2nd half, and when our fullback starts playing more of a support role.

I like this idea. TBH it's the first time I've heard it mentioned. I think he could make a very good 6 . Let's face it he'd have to be better then Josh who should send himself back to the wing for the good of the team.

The problem with that is who do you drop to make way for Hoffman?

Answer: Hoffman

The other problem is that Granville isn't a five eigth and hasn't shown anything to indicate he'd be good in that role.

Two wrongs don't make a right...

Finally built up the courage to watch the press conference.

Does Griffin even give a **** about his job? I would be pulling a Toovey.

Finally built up the courage to watch the press conference.

Does Griffin even give a **** about his job? I would be pulling a Toovey.

Sometimes i think he is under strict instructions not to blame the ref publicly or act like Toovey.

in fact i can't remember a single time when any of our coaches have ever blasted the refs performance during a PC

Hook's press conferences just reflect his tactics - safe and boring. ABSOLUTELY NO RISKS AT ALL, FELLAS!

Sometimes i think he is under strict instructions not to blame the ref publicly or act like Toovey.

in fact i can't remember a single time when any of our coaches have ever blasted the refs performance during a PC

Its not the Bronco way to 'do a Toovey', never has been. In fact, one of the supposed bad calls, Copleys drop was mentioned and Hook wasn't concerned about the Cronulla involvement ,he was about the fact Copley spilled something he should have caught. The Sharks only received one penalty throughout the match so blaming the refs is ridiculous, not that you were Foordy. The ref may have got a call or even two wrong but equally in the first half we got away with a fair bit too. We were lousy and Griffin said it was inexcusable for us to lose from 22 nil.

Well, maybe this is the call? When the going gets tough the tough get going. I hope so

We were not harshly dealt with by the refs with at least five 50/50 decisions going our way. The Sharks didn't receive a penalty in the first half with our two penalties coming in that half. We got all the bounce of the ball type decisions and accordingly built a substantial lead. If you doubt that you can check for yourselves. We may have got a few dud calls in the second half and one was totally understandable with the ref unsighted ( Gordon's dead ball ) and the penalty on Carney which didn't target the legs.

Thaidays flop at 5:32 ,penalty every day, Hoggman changing his line to knock a defender over when chasing through 6:02, Hannant's interference in the play the ball,remarked on by the commentary team and a penalty every game,not given 16.25, Josh Hoggman's touch not given as six again 24:33, 6 Broncos offside at the 20 metre restart 31:54 not penalised.

Yeah, while I'm happy to just blame some losses on the refs, this isn't one of them. It would take some serious dudding for refs to help a team score 24 points in 40 mins if they never played like they would score them otherwise. This wasn't anywhere near that extreme, we lost it ourselves. This is something the team will need to work on, not just dismiss it as the refs fault.

The other problem is that Granville isn't a five eigth and hasn't shown anything to indicate he'd be good in that role.

Two wrongs don't make a right...

He can pass. Just that skill alone makes him better than our current option.

...from dummy half.

If you're going to change the team, it's got to be a genuine improvement, not a side-step.

As it turns out, we were just taking the piss the whole time. The Broncs knew Carney would piss it all away if they won. They did it for the lols.

...from dummy half.

If you're going to change the team, it's got to be a genuine improvement, not a side-step.

Haha love you guys. What do we want? "Someone who can pass" When do we want it? "Fucking never because we are way too picky and just love being nay sayers".

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • Morepudding
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.