Round 16 Discussion

I don't get the fuss about not stopping the game there. Hiku didn't look too bad tbh.

As for the drop ball no-try, that was a howler

Bit of justice there for the Warriors. Dead-set robbed for Maumalo's (would-be) 3rd try, and the refs no stopping play for a concussed Hiku is bullshit.

Edit: On that, how is the trainer supposed to notify the refs that there is a player down if they're not even on the field? I though they could only be on the field for an attacking set, not a defensive one?

Last edited:
Not sure why Lino wouldn't pass it to Ramien a bit earlier.

Giving him the ball with room to move, might have created something.

Bit of justice there for the Warriors. Dead-set robbed for Maumalo's (would-be) 3rd try, and the refs no stopping play for a concussed Hiku is bullshit.

Edit: On that, how is the trainer supposed to notify the refs that there is a player down if they're not even on the field? I though they could only be on the field for an attacking set, not a defensive one?
I don't mind if they play on in that situation. Teams tend to manipulate these things sometimes. He wasn't in the road so I think the refs did the right thing. Too often there are stoppages disadvantaging the attacking side over basically nothing.

I didn't have much issue with the refs playing on.

So many players fake injury in those situations. I have no doubt it's a tactic that's taught to players.

If Esan Marsters try was a try, then Maumalo's no try was a try.

His fingers never came off the ball. There was separation from the hands but his fingers remained on the ball and that's all you need.

There needs to be an overhaul with the bunker personnel.

If Esan Marsters try was a try, then Maumalo's no try was a try.

His fingers never came off the ball. There was separation from the hands but his fingers remained on the ball and that's all you need.

There needs to be an overhaul with the bunker personnel.

They made a black & white rule where if there is no separation, it doesn't need any control. But the bunker think they're too clever and rule that it was a lost ball even if there was no separation. Why have black & white rules if the refs don't follow them???

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.