Round 16 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

That's a bit rich of Bennett......

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

The old goat is having a sly dig at the Broncos.

It's because of him we have a toxic culture.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
Bennett's lobbying for Matt Lodge to return to the NRL and be paid top dollar will always be a stain on his legacy.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
1843.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kaz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2008

The old goat is having a sly dig at the Broncos.

It's because of him we have a toxic culture.

It's obvious he has issues with people at the Broncos, but the text does indicate it might include my Cowboys. After all, we are struggling, and we've had some recently player switches (which he referenced).

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

I am hating Bennett more & more each day.

And because we didn't hire his buddy Jason Demetriou he is pissed off.

Hope he is burning inside that we hired Ikin, as the means he will never come back.

1133.jpg
1843.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kaz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2008
I am hating Bennett more & more each day.

And because we didn't hire his buddy Jason Demetriou he is pissed off.

Hope he is burning inside that we hired Ikin, as the means he will never come back.

Bennett privately wouldn't give a sh*t about Demetriou. He is just a self-interested and vindictive old man.

It is very disappointing when a club legend angers his own former fan base. Your Broncos would get that through both Bennett and Tallis.

Hiring ikin is going to help with the Bennett divorce as he couldn’t give a flying **** what Bennett has to say.

“you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”

636.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Gizzyfan - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 2, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,020
8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013

Let it fester.

Remember when the Storm held Thaiday back in the scrum, Slater strolled through the gap, and the NRL looked at it and said it was fine?

Remember when Slater knocked on, kicked it after it bounced. Grounded it while shaking his head and the NRL said it was fine?

In fact, the Storm are scum. But the NRL enabling them is the true injustice.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png
I saw the Storm do the same to the Warriors at AAMI Park, Sam Rapira was held back and Slater scored, I could see it from 50 metres away, NRL didn't Same game Sean Johnstone licked a 40/20, Touchie signalled it, Slater said it went out before the 20 and pointed to a spot, Touchie complied.

Hiring ikin is going to help with the Bennett divorce as he couldn’t give a flying **** what Bennett has to say.

“you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”

He has definitely lived long enough.

Great must read on the state of the game. Share to your forums
Super interesting stuff.
I wonder what these next round of rule changes that are in the works will entail?

It doesn't matter how many times Vlandys tells me these games are more entertaining, even with the blowouts, they are not.
The game is broken at the moment and Saturday is a perfect example of it.
148-6 for and against from one afternoon of footy is crazy.
The Storm with record breaking points in a season is crazy.
The knee -jerk 6 again's and sin-bins are crazy.

Vlandys has a massive job on his hands and he would want to act fast to stop the tide of fans turning away from the game.

1133.jpg
10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019
Super interesting stuff.
I wonder what these next round of rule changes that are in the works will entail?

It doesn't matter how many times Vlandys tells me these games are more entertaining, even with the blowouts, they are not.

Vlandys has a massive job on his hands and he would want to act fast to stop the tide of fans turning away from the game.

As long as Victorians tune in for finals footy to see the $torm win again, then there's good tv ratings, and more tv money.

Super interesting stuff.

Crazy and not at all enjoyable or fun. I don't watch games like this where one side is either hopelessly outclassed week in, week out or worse and more common, one side is completely reffed out of a game.

I just want the idiot in charge to stop the knee jerk changes and go back to the 2019 rules. In hindsight, we complained a lot but we didn't know how good we had it then.

Great must read on the state of the game. Share to your forums
One of the biggest points to me were the comments about it being a world cup year and if paid professionals in the NRL are getting walloped what is going to happen when the minnows come up against Australia or New Zealand.

Scores could blow out to 80 or 90+... how is that going to help create a foothold in international football ??

I think England could even get absolutely smashed.

I would've liked to see the international game stay as penalties instead of 6 agains. That could at least see what happens when 6 again NRL players go back to the penalty era and if there is a serious impact on quality or do things return to somewhat normalcy.

We've already seen what happens when an elite NRL team (Manly) vs a reserve grade team (Bulldogs).... what viewers are go to survive the group stages and even quarters/semis looking at 50 and 60 point margins.

The final could even be 50 or 60 plus, because let's face it Australia will comprise primarily NSW players whereas NZ may not be near that level

Super interesting stuff.

I think at minimum it needs to be penalties in your own half and bring back scrums for kicks that go dead in touch.

The penalty in your own half is needed to deter the blatant ruck infringements and offsides that are now prevalent in the game and were obvious early in the 6 again era (teams were happy very early on to give away a 6 again off a quick 20m tap to let the defense reset... there was absolutely no deterrent to pretty much giving away professional fouls).

The whole reason the 6 again was brought in was because of the tactical penalties inside the attacking 20m (thanks Roosters). Teams were forced to reset their attack every few tackles with no real disadvantage to the defence. Waving play on and conceding infinite tackles on your own line would be a far worse outcome for the defence.... To me they could've just solved the problem by actually using the sin bin because they were professional fouls.

Tactical penalties are prevalent everywhere in sport nowadays, but teams that concede them know they are running the risk of far greater consequences compared to a normal foul/penalty, yellow or red cards in soccer and clear path fouls in NBA. In the NRL professional fouls have existed forever... if a player is blatantly holding down or committing a penalty in a try scoring position (such as not square on your 1m), either bin them for a professional foul or give a penalty try... that would've stopped the constant penalties inside your own 20m pretty quickly, but the officials are too piss weak or not backed enough by the admin to do their actual job.

In regards to bringing scrums back for kicks into touch, this would allow teams to rest and reset if they're fatiguing and struggling to win the yardage game. There was no real reason to get rid of it as it's a 40sec halt to the game and isn't all that easily executed given the back 3 looking to defend it, but Vlando has made it seem like scrums are a death knell on rugby league, when they in fact represented the epitome of game management for a very well executed kick into touch

1133.jpg
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
The whole reason the 6 again was brought in was because of the tactical penalties inside the attacking 20m (thanks Roosters). Teams were forced to reset their attack every few tackles with no real disadvantage to the defence. Waving play on and conceding infinite tackles on your own line would be a far worse outcome for the defence.... To me they could've just solved the problem by actually using the sin bin because they were professional fouls.

There's more to it than that. The Roosters were judged (even before Trent Robinson became coach) as ill disciplined, and they regularly lost penalty counts, even as they turned over personnel.

It appears Robinson took over and had the attitude that "well, if they are going to keep penalising us on our reputation (and Gould's vindictive commentary), then at least, let's be strategic in when we give them away".

Other teams have tried to copy this (including the Cowboys as Green brought this strategy from the Chooks). The problem is, it is not that simple to execute. Sure you get to reset your line, but without the right resolve/resilience, team's will eventually crack absorbing all of this pressure.

For a couple of years, the Cowboys had the fortune of Bennett coached teams wanting to take the 2 on offer (and we were happy to give up the two because we could score on the other end).

1133.jpg
The thing that really gets me about these new rules is the way certain players in most teams give away grubby penalties, and get caught out, but do not think to change their behaviour. The bunker won't miss these things (unless they want to be naive), and the consequence of set re-starts is just a killer.

For years, I think coaches directed, and even recruited, their own grub each. It is so ingrained in some players to go out there and niggle, sledge and lie down in the ruck to slow things up. We all hate a Josh McGuire or Adam Blair until they play for our own team, and we realise we needed one. Fortunately, not anymore.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Will on the hill. - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2019
7 tackle sets should only be awarded for kicks that go dead from outside 40. It's ridiculous that a rule that was brought in to combat teams intentionally kicking the ball dead gets applied to knock ons over the line, grubbers from 10 out that clearly aren't intended to go dead and bombs that get caught on the full in goal.

Set restarts should only be used once the attacking team crosses their 40. Too much benefit to teams deliberately infringing against teams trying to get out of their own end.

Bring back scrums when the ball goes into touch. Too much benefit to teams that are happy to deliberately put the ball out of play so they can set a full defensive line.

40 nil 40 nil 40 nil

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spoon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Cavalo
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • Splinter
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.