PRE-GAME Round 16 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Moga is a waste of space in the team ... but we can't all get what we want

He's started helping me soften a little the last two games.

I still think that Glenn is a waste of space in the team. He has the Heart of a lion but, he doesn't add much in attack and is only a decent defender.
Glenn runs great lines and gets in behind the ruck, allowing for some great offloads if support is there.
He also is pretty quick off the mark and often catches defenders off guard around the ruck.
I like what he brings to the team attack-wise.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1497489429

PINING FOR THE BRONCOS

OUT-OF-FAVOUR Broncos playmaker Ben Hunt is set for a comeback in the position in which he started his NRL career – as an interchange super sub.
The NRL’s $6 million man was sensationally axed to the Ipswich Jets last week but Anthony Milford’s shoulder injury has opened the door for Hunt to return to the Broncos fold.
However, he is unlikely to walk straight back into the starting line-up. Inside Mail understands Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is considering picking Hunt on the bench for Brisbane’s clash against Canberra on Saturday week.
With Milford sidelined for the next six weeks, that suggests Bennett will go with a Benji Marshall-Kodi Nikorima scrumbase pairing for the Raiders showdown.
Hunt is no stranger to being Brisbane’s Mr Fix-it, playing a utility role off the bench for his first five seasons of NRL before being handed the No.7 jumper by former coach Anthony Griffin in 2014.

Holy shit, was it actually 5 seasons?? **** Anthony Griffen is a shut coach.

He's being praised as a genius for shifting Moylan to 5/8th, people have been suggesting it happen for years and all it took was for TMM to fall out of favour, an out of position 2nd rower to get injured, and Pete Wallace to get injured.

I don't even care about Penrith and he's still making me angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, was it actually 5 seasons?? **** Anthony Griffen is a shut coach.

He's being praised as a genius for shifting Moylan to 5/8th, people have been suggesting it happen for years and all it took was for TMM to allegedly screw a teammates misses, an out of position 2nd rower to get injured, and Pete Wallace to get injured.

I don't even care about Penrith and he's still making me angry.
I'm so glad his reign of terror is over here.

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD

1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Benji Marshall
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:

14. Alex Glenn
15. Tevita Pangai
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Ben Hunt

Reserve: Jai Arrow
Reserve: Jaydn Su’A
Reserve: Herman Ese’ese
Reserve: David Mead
Reserve: Jonus Pearson

Round16Team

Strange that we've named 22 players instead of the allowable 21..

Probably an indication that we plan on resting our Origin players.

The Broncos named 23 for the Round 13 clash, I just think it's a precaution more than anything else.

Strange that we've named 22 players instead of the allowable 21..

Probably an indication that we plan on resting our Origin players.

They are allowed to name extra replacements due to origin.

Benchie Hunt is where he belongs, though I do think he can be a real good impact player.

Benchie Hunt is where he belongs, though I do think he can be a real good impact player.
He won't be an impact player. If Kodi stinks it up again, Hunt will simply replace him.

He won't be an impact player. If Kodi stinks it up again, Hunt will simply replace him.
If that sentence applied to Hunt, he would've been in Qcup a long time ago.
Kodi did quite well in the games he played, and he will keep the spot for a while. I can't see Hunt getting it back outside of more injuries to the halves.

If that sentence applied to Hunt, he would've been in Qcup a long time ago.
Kodi did quite well in the games he played, and he will keep the spot for a while. I can't see Hunt getting it back outside of more injuries to the halves.
If Kodi and the Broncos are struggling with 30 mins remaining (or even Benji), Bennett won't hesitate in pulling the switcheroo again. It worked wonders last game.

Here's the next conundrum, what if this trio of halves really kill it the next few weeks and hunt owns the bench player role. What do we do when Milford comes back?

Guys on Facebook saying Jai Arrow is a beast because he ran for 180 meters in ISC... Taulmololo ran for 300 against the Storm. That's a beast!
Most guys on FB spell at a 10 yo level. A good performance though, I still think he has a decent first grade career ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.