10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think Thiday will come out guns blazing, he has been challenged like when he got benched before and killed it.

Probably will for about 5-6 games, then fall back into old habits. Repeat process.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd be happiest if Thaiday had 5-6 good games in a row once a month.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm looking forward to seeing how Thaiday responds to being dropped from Origin.
Oh, no doubt we will see a reaction ! Years ago there was a jolly joker called Jackson whose outward demeanour hid a conflicted soul. Thaiday is a similar guy but I don't think it's for the same reasons as Jacko. Thaiday is a proud man underneath the bluster and he is undoubtedly a determined guy too but his free spirit needs to be constantly challenged otherwise complacency quickly takes over again. This kick in the nuts will shake him up, you might not see it outwardly but I reckon he'll be feeling the end uncomfortably near. I think he will turn up in Canberra ready to show the world he's angry and ready to say ' **** going quietly into that good night '....

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Oh, no doubt we will see a reaction ! Years ago there was a jolly joker called Jackson whose outward demeanour hid a conflicted soul. Thaiday is a similar guy but I don't think it's for the same reasons as Jacko. Thaiday is a proud man underneath the bluster and he is undoubtedly a determined guy too but his free spirit needs to be constantly challenged otherwise complacency quickly takes over again. This kick in the nuts will shake him up, you might not see it outwardly but I reckon he'll be feeling the end uncomfortably near. I think he will turn up in Canberra ready to show the world he's angry and ready to say ' **** going quietly into that good night '....

I'd be happy to see a repeat performance from a couple of years ago when he made JWH his bitch in that game against the Roosters.

He was challenged to perform in that game and answered in spades .....

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'd be happy to see a repeat performance from a couple of years ago when he made JWH his bitch in that game against the Roosters.

He was challenged to perform in that game and answered in spades .....
**** yes, that was a performance for the ages. JWH was being touted as one of the best but out of nowhere Thaiday absolutely produced. Impeccable timing with his fierce contacts, bloody brilliant. I too think Thaiday is a lazy **** but if push came to shove and he had his gameface on, well there'd be few more powerful and inspiring. That's also the Thaiday quandary, how to get his best time and time again. That's why a person like Locky or Smith are regarded so highly, because every performance was either good or great but never poor. Thaiday, for all his potential does not have the burning desire that hallmarks these future immortals.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Great players have their fair share of shockers, Lockyer is no exception, for example his debut for Australia in 1998. What makes him or others like him truly great is how they respond and move on and he did with arguably one of his best performances in his career against the North Sydney Bears.

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
Benjis record against Raiders is impressive:

"The New Zealand international boasts 16 wins from 17 matches against the Raiders and he has been a part of history in the process. Marshall helped his former club St George Illawarra break a 14-year hoodoo at GIO Stadium in 2014, putting on a clinic to secure the Dragons' first victory at the venue since the year 2000."

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Gillett for mine has to be rested, he was heavily strapped and went down halfway through the game

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Rest gillett
Give moose a reduced role and rest him after game 3
We play the knights that round

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would give all of our Origin players a rest.

Focus on Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.