• IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 9
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Resting both our star forwards is a luxury we can't afford IMO. Rest either Patty or Payne, whoever needs it most (from the outside that is Patty) this week. The other can have rest another game. Walsh I think needs to play and should be able to given the number of missed games this year.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Reece & Payne surely plays this game but for Patty though, boy, he’s being punished every single game he plays with little to no rewards. Would love him to play but given the workload he’s putting up with, a week off would be good for him.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Reece & Payne surely plays this game but for Patty though, boy, he’s being punished every single game he plays with little to no rewards. Would love him to play but given the workload he’s putting up with, a week off would be good for him.
His cousin is getting married Friday. Methinks Kev will say spend some time with family and put Payne and Walsh on a flight

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Haas should be made to back up. He wants to play like that for the Blues, the expectation should be made plainly clear what he needs to deliver at club level as well, especially after the stunt he pulled last year.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Probably needs the game time too. Was a bit rusty tonight (which is to be expected).
Yeah I think he will want to play after that... can't play origin then have a break (after like 6 mins of footy in a month) and only play one more game before the next origin.

He should want more time on the field at this point... he's had a disrupted season as it is.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Haas should be made to back up. He wants to play like that for the Blues, the expectation should be made plainly clear what he needs to deliver at club level as well, especially after the stunt he pulled last year.
The talk his entire career is that he plays like that for the broncos, but not NSW lol.

If his knee is alright I can see him playing... got through maybe 55mins?? which is a fair bit, but it was all downhill running for NSW so he shouldn't be that fatigued. Payne for even 40mins would be a god send looking at the team we've named so far

Patty playing 70mins in a flogging is fucking stupid though... can no coach's game plan allow for Patty to be off the field at any point... people get upset about Kevvie leaving Patty out there, but Billy just left him out there in an exhibition game that was gone after 20mins

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
All of them should be backing up.

If you guys didn't play like shit and lose 3 games in a row against teams you should have beat, we wouldn't need to play you. But you didn't, and so we do need you to play.

Suck it up. You can be rested after Game 3 and with another bye in hand, that should be sufficient. Plus they also get the week off before Game 3 apart from training.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
This a good test to see how Willison handles being a starter, it will be the first game of his career doing so, that said Kevvie might change things with the origin players but imo he should just rest them all and not bother playing them.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
All of them should be backing up.

If you guys didn't play like shit and lose 3 games in a row against teams you should have beat, we wouldn't need to play you. But you didn't, and so we do need you to play.

Suck it up. You can be rested after Game 3 and with another bye in hand, that should be sufficient. Plus they also get the week off before Game 3 apart from training.
I don't think I've ever agreed with a single post you've put up until now.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Patston meh !
He put in a little grubber in a trial and people want him in 1st grade . I thought Hunt was better allround in the trials . And we saw his level under the big lights .
I'm sure - or at last hope - Kevvie has seen enough of Patson during his train & trial to have a good reason for not picking him up for a bargain when our cupboard is bare of someone with his exact skillset. But the small amount I've seen of him, he looked class for depth. Well, compared to Gosiewski who I honestly can barely picture doing anything notable for us or the Cowboys. That he's gone direct to bench is pretty troubling.

This is one of those situations where you have to have faith in the coach, and if it doesn't pan out, you can blame said coach.

Anything less than an emphatic win on Saturday is not good enough.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • john1420
  • ethanjoker9
  • Astro
  • Harry Sack
  • johnny plath
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Howie
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.