Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They seem to sticking with a "simple" game plan. If the expectation is that errors will go down then they are wrong because they are tiring themselves out imo. There is a lot of blame being thrown at the lack of training during Covid and maybe that plays a part but it's also the way we are playing. Also being down to your last pick reserves doesn't help.

Yep, there's "simple" and there's simple, and I suspect "simple" is somewhat of a reaction to Seibold's Tactical Periodisation coaching theory and practice. Bloody hell, I just read up on it until my brain nearly exploded. I don't know how many of us have climbed the peakless mountains of tactical periodisation but here's an example of Seibold's obsession.

https://mart1buch.files.wordpress.c...urinho-best-kept-secret_soccerjournal2012.pdf

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Yep, there's "simple" and there's simple, and I suspect "simple" is somewhat of a reaction to Seibold's Tactical Periodisation coaching theory and practice. Bloody hell, I just read up on it until my brain nearly exploded. I don't know how many of us have climbed the peakless mountains of tactical periodisation but here's an example of Seibold's obsession.

https://mart1buch.files.wordpress.c...urinho-best-kept-secret_soccerjournal2012.pdf
That’s just ridiculous, he tried to lump that shit on rookies?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Here's a good story on Kennedy which in part explains his late development into an NRL level prop.

https://www.begadistrictnews.com.au...ennedy-finds-a-home-in-broncos-powerful-pack/
Cheers, it was informative. He was certainly optimistic at the time of that article and things haven't worked out as well as he'd hoped but he is still putting in. The other guys description of him as depth and a journeyman are fair calls. He probably has some improvement left so I hope he makes the best of this chance. It can benefit both the club and himself if he improves even if only a little.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018

**** no wonder our players were struggling understanding Seibold’s game model. That Mourinho style doesn’t translate that well to Rugby League. You can’t expect the average Rugby League player to understand that stuff, and I get the feeling Seibold wasn’t very good at translating it. Trent Robinson has had success adapting the Cruyff Total Football style but that’s much more simple and intuitive.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

I read some of that and thought, I'm at work!

It's doubtless well founded but it's the coach who needs to understand it and translate it into simple terms for our simple game. There's really no need to have your troops develop a deep understanding of the theory. Each player having a role well understood, your shotcallers directing and your sideline helpers relaying the information that can only be seen from on high.

Damn complex reading and no team of mine would ever see it.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Might be accused of being salty about Fifita but he should be out of the team next week for Riki. There's no way we should carry a lazy forward who's signed elsewhere. 23 tackles and 12 low impact runs. **** off to the Titans.
Nothing salty about it. I called it the day he signed. Don't play him again. Look to the future.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Nothing salty about it. I called it the day he signed. Don't play him again. Look to the future.
I know people are pissed off with Fifita (so am I) but I really don't think we should stand him down, we still have to pay him so might as well get some work out of him.
As to looking to the future well if we don't play him our future might be the spoon in 3 weeks.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I know people are pissed off with Fifita (so am I) but I really don't think we should stand him down, we still have to pay him so might as well get some work out of him.
As to looking to the future well if we don't play him our future might be the spoon in 3 weeks.
I understand your rationale here, but I really don't give a toss about whether we get the spoon or not. What I'm looking at is the big picture here and that means leaving no stone un-turned in the quest to build this team back into the powerhouse it once was and challenge for a premiership.

That to me means I have Riki in the starting side and only use Fifita in a rotation system to ensure the rest of forwards are properly rested. The more games Riki gets now, the quicker he adapts to life in the NRL. At his age he has a lot to learn and those lessons can only be had while on the field testing yourself.

Fifita's defection has damaged the club for sure, I'm not keen on playing him when he currently seems to be phoning it in and doing further damage to our team attitude.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I have a lot of time for Rhys, he definitely fits the mold of quiet achiever who tries to go about his business professionally and with as little fuss as possible. He'll also not be bursting our cap which means he's well worth keeping a hold of. More power to him.

I was interested in a line he ran, at about 7 mins into the game, running an angle behind and to the left of Luke as he took a PTB which I pictured in an earlier post of mine above. SOS and Farnworth were also on Luke's left however Luke turned the ball back inside unsurprisingly given our continued focus on turning the ball into the middle. I don't know whether Kennedy's run was a decoy, in which it failed as the Panthers were fixated on Luke's predictable pass back inside, however I briefly got my expectations up of creative play out wide as I watched Kennedy run.

I haven't seen, or don't recall our props running angles like that. That made me focus on him all the more. At the least I thought Kennedy was being enterprising. As for the potential of that run, given the hole in Penrith's defence out wide, a ball from Luke to Kennedy and then on to SOS and Farnworth would have proved interesting.

On the other hand, I could be making more of it than it was. Nevertheless, I agree with you about Kennedy, although I see a greater potential in Kennedy than a simple journeyman

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I don’t want your credit, in fact I don’t want you here. You have paid 1.25M a year for a bloke that will have a handful of games where he scores a try that others can’t but a majority of games where he doesn’t make more than 20 tackles and 100 metres and some ineffective tackle busts. Stunning when you consider the impact on your salary cap and the wider game much like the Ben Hunt effect where every backrower playing a decent season will want a million.

Kind of savage replies to the Don. It's not like he's trolling or being a dick.
Yes, I agree, although I am in the anti-Titans crew as well, we have never begrudged another club's supporter coming on here and contributing as long as they are not trolling and The Don has been respectful and his contributions are worthwhile. Even if the Titans have overpaid for Fifta (time will tell) that is not The Don's fault.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
lol the posters salty about @The Don are embarrassing. The guy is far more respectful than the majority of us are to each other, and he makes far more well thought out and balanced posts than 90% of BHQ.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I was interested in a line he ran, at about 7 mins into the game, running an angle behind and to the left of Luke as he took a PTB which I pictured in an earlier post of mine above. SOS and Farnworth were also on Luke's left however Luke turned the ball back inside unsurprisingly given our continued focus on turning the ball into the middle. I don't know whether Kennedy's run was a decoy, in which it failed as the Panthers were fixated on Luke's predictable pass back inside, however I briefly got my expectations up of creative play out wide as I watched Kennedy run.

I haven't seen, or don't recall our props running angles like that. That made me focus on him all the more. At the least I thought Kennedy was being enterprising. As for the potential of that run, given the hole in Penrith's defence out wide, a ball from Luke to Kennedy and then on to SOS and Farnworth would have proved interesting.

On the other hand, I could be making more of it than it was. Nevertheless, I agree with you about Kennedy, although I see a greater potential in Kennedy than a simple journeyman
As you know I've been watching him closely for quite a while. He's played a greater role than a lot on here have given him credit for. One time Luke did pass left had Kennedy at first receiver in an attacking move 15 metres out and Kennedy kept it going out to Boyd who in turn passed to that rarest of things, a tryscorer!

That decent offload from a game or two ago which Milford didn't bother watching brought criticism for Kennedy but it was on and wasn't a crap pass, no sir it was perfect and like Kennedy himself is quoted as saying it was encouraged by Seeplod. I think there's a really solid bench forward there and I hope we keep him and put some work into developing his skillset.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010

Most of the blokes in the NRL probably struggled to pass English class let alone grasp this shit. Wtf was Seibs thinking 🤣

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I understand your rationale here, but I really don't give a toss about whether we get the spoon or not. What I'm looking at is the big picture here and that means leaving no stone un-turned in the quest to build this team back into the powerhouse it once was and challenge for a premiership.

That to me means I have Riki in the starting side and only use Fifita in a rotation system to ensure the rest of forwards are properly rested. The more games Riki gets now, the quicker he adapts to life in the NRL. At his age he has a lot to learn and those lessons can only be had while on the field testing yourself.

Fifita's defection has damaged the club for sure, I'm not keen on playing him when he currently seems to be phoning it in and doing further damage to our team attitude.
I think a few posters should bear in mind Fifita is not long returned from a knee injury and he could have played that up for a lot longer if he wanted to. I don't believe he hasn't been trying and was the last guy doing his best to stop that try when Boyd fell over over...after 52 points had already been blown through us. He draws more defenders than any two Broncos in the team so given he's heavily marked it's no surprise he isn't 'on fire'.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He draws more defenders than any two Broncos in the team so given he's heavily marked it's no surprise he isn't 'on fire'.

Milford gets the same treatment by opposisiton defenders but yet is not afforded the same latitude in criticism it seems....by some.

Not sure why you'd be defending Fifita.....he's going to another club (and has kinda shit on us)

**** him off....

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.