Round 17 - Broncos vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
We were history after starting the season 7-1? Fair enough, that's a pretty logical conclusion to jump to at that stage.

Even though they were winning the problems within the side and the structure were apparent even then.

To be fair, the injuries have not helped at all and then the Origin has played its normal role for us. What I was hoping was that the form of some of our non-origin players and in particular the spine would help carry us through somewhat. Instead, McCullough and Kahu got injured and Hunt and Milford dropped off a bit in form (along with quite a few others).

From here we are at some risk of missing the eight and it is going to be difficult to make the four unless there is a substantial form reversal and I am not just seeing the signs of that.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
53% possession and they are still getting pumped, what will do me.

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
What a catastrophe. Despite the great consolation try from Roberts, I was hung up on how he couldn't just plant the ball down, no nonsense. He had to do the arrogant gloating put-down with a storm player behind him and out of his line of sight.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I knew you were on here Wayne! Big fan!

Gah!! I better get back to the dressing room and tell them something, what you guys got? I'm thinking something like: 'Boys, some of the gold star bhqers knew our season was over after round 8 when we were 7-1, we might still be in the eight and original most over but never mind, there's no point going on. I'll call a forfeit and we'll come back next year.'

Inspirational enough?

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Are Griffin and or Henjak back in the coaching staff?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
That Vunavulu try looked like it should have been wrong but it simply wasn't, inch perfect and on all the border lines of legality. Typical Storm and that is why they are so good.

He was onside when Cronk released it but was in front by the time the ball hit his foot.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What a catastrophe. Despite the great consolation try from Roberts, I was hung up on how he couldn't just plant the ball down, no nonsense. He had to do the arrogant gloating put-down with a storm player behind him and out of his line of sight.

Considering he's one of the only players on our team right now who looks like scoring, I couldn't care less how long he takes to put the ball down, at least he gets it down.

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Gah!! I better get back to the dressing room and tell them something, what you guys got? I'm thinking something like: 'Boys, some of the gold star bhqers knew our season was over after round 8 when we were 7-1, we might still be in the eight and original most over but never mind, there's no point going on. I'll call a forfeit and we'll come back next year.'

Inspirational enough?

I am sure that you will have the perfect answer Sproj you legend. We should have appointed you as coach.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Surely that's a month.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
The Storm have been very very good, just like the bulldogs were, and the warriors, the cowboys and the sharks in the first half.

its worrying how good teams look or seem to play against us. Other than the occassional bone rattler from Gillette we lack aggression in defence and teams make too many meters consistently. We rely too much on opposition errors to build pressure, if they control the ball they control field position.

in attack we look scared to deviate from a pretty safe game plan, not enough questions asked against good defending sides. Sure we can skittle a Raiders or Manly but genuine contenders can hold us out knowing they will be back in our half next set.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We need to score right now.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
That should be 10 in the bin at least, surely.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Grubby fucking storm.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I am sure that you will have the perfect answer Sproj you legend. We should have appointed you as coach.

You did, I'm Wayne Bennett. ;) In all seriousness, don't take me too seriously bro, I'm as frustrated as you. Love ya bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • The Boss
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Smokin' Joe
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.