PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Seriously are we cursed or something?
The crazy thing is we've been copping bad injuries since 2016 or so haven't we??

Milf has done his shoulder last couple years
Gillett last year
Bird last 2 years
Was it last year we basically lost all our 2nd rowers to injuries

Not so much this year but definitely 16 or 17 our year and genuine chance for a premiership was ruined by injuries

Milford needs to go back into the halves. If switching him to fullback is a good idea it'll still be a good idea next year when our alternate options in the halves aren't Dargan and ...not halves. Why the hell did we release Nikorima and Tanah Boyd, and then wait until Dearden was injured to move Milford to fullback?
Tanah boyd still wouldn't make the team so I'm not sure how that would help. He isn't even starting halfback in QLD cup ffs. And nikorima asked for a release because he believed he was better than a 3rd choice halfback (which he would be if not for injuries given recent performances) and we were in salary cap trouble...
Bad luck is bad luck. Every position we have released players in we have gone on to have injuries to the next in line within 2 games. We needed to release players though due to the mess we got left in..

Last edited:
Milford needs to go back into the halves. If switching him to fullback is a good idea it'll still be a good idea next year when our alternate options in the halves aren't Dargan and ...not halves. Why the hell did we release Nikorima and Tanah Boyd, and then wait until Dearden was injured to move Milford to fullback?

I think this is the only option. I mean, I understand that Seibold wants to try Milf at fullback, and I do too...but with all the injuries, he's gotta be in the halves at least until Dearden is back.

Tanah boyd still wouldn't make the team so I'm not sure how that would help. He isn't even starting halfback in QLD cup ffs. And nikorima asked for a release because he believed he was better than a 3rd choice halfback (which he would be if not for injuries given recent performances) and we were in salary cap trouble...
Bad luck is bad luck. Every position we have released players in we have gone on to have injuries to the next in line within 2 games. We needed to release players though due to the mess we got left in..
If Milford was going to be moved to fullback then Nikorima would still be a starting half for us, so I don't buy that this is just the result of bad luck. We started the season with two non-rookie halves. Independent of injuries, we moved one to fullback and released the other. I'm fine with both of those moves in isolation, but both in the same season absent any signings of established halves is a bad move. It's setting the Milford to fullback experiment up to fail, irrespective of whether or not it's a good decision in more balanced circumstances.

If Milford was going to be moved to fullback then Nikorima would still be a starting half for us, so I don't buy that this is just the result of bad luck. We started the season with two non-rookie halves. Independent of injuries, we moved one to fullback and released the other. I'm fine with both of those moves in isolation, but both in the same season absent any signings of established halves is a bad move. It's setting the Milford to fullback experiment up to fail, irrespective of whether or not it's a good decision in more balanced circumstances.
We needed to release players, needed too. And nikorima wouldn't have wanted to stay for a bench hooker spot.
5 injuries and 1 poorly timed suspension to spine players isn't bad luck? This year: dearden, o'sullivan, milford, macca (good luck actually), and now paix all injured. Seggy suspended.
That's not bad luck? Name another team that has had that many injuries this year to spine players? If its not bad luck it would have happened tk a few other teams surely....

We needed to release players, needed too. And nikorima wouldn't have wanted to stay for a bench hooker spot.
5 injuries and 1 poorly timed suspension to spine players isn't bad luck? This year: dearden, o'sullivan, milford, macca (good luck actually), and now paix all injured. Seggy suspended.
That's not bad luck? Name another team that has had that many injuries this year to spine players? If its not bad luck it would have happened tk a few other teams surely....
I said that it was not " just the result of bad luck". You establishing that bad luck happened does not refute my argument. And we'd already released McGuire and Kahu and were pushing Roberts out. We didn't have to release Nikorima, we chose to. And I was fine with that decision. Had I known that Milford was going to be moved to fullback however, I would have opposed releasing Nikorima, because it's messed up to give an 18 year old rookie Darius Boyd as a halves partner. So either Seibold was already considering moving Milford in which case I think releasing Nikorima mid-season instead of the next off-season was a mistake. Or he wasn't considering moving Milford, in which case I think he has chosen a really crappy time to make that move, seemingly out of desperation.

Run the hookers in the halves
They didn’t do too bad last week

It is bad luck but it's not just us. Manly!

Hopefully Joffa and Oates pull up ok after last night.

All big bodies required on deck to beat the Warriors.

What the crikey, did we march all our halves under a ladder covered in broken mirrors and black cats during preseason training or something?

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.