Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

You’re welcome to disagree all you like.

Tell me this though; do you honestly think Lockyer, Thurston, Smith or any of the other modern great players throw that pass and simply hope rather than take the tackle, knowing you have another up your sleeve, and go the conservative route?

I’ll be astonished if you think they would.
You mean those same greats who actually are clutch players and will slot a field goal from 40 out to win a game? Do you think Milford would have got a field goal if he had an extra, let's say 2 shots at it? I doubt it. They're useless field goal takers under pressure, so is Niko, it's just ironic the Warriors were as bad as us. If we were playing the Rabbitohs they would have put us away first set with the ball in extra time.

I disagree, it was 100% Boyd's fault, Milford couldn't have done anything else in the that situation.
Well he could have actually run. He's a brilliant runner of the ball he should have backed himself.

Jazz Tevaga - 90 minutes at Lock - 22 runs, 184 metres, 72 tackles.
That's gotta be close to a record. I remember a player notching 70 or 71 about 10 years ago not sure if it was higher than that though.

A 5/8 playing fullback who hasn't played fullback since 2014. A fullback that is playing 5/8, a hooker playing halfback and one of the worst hookers in the comp starting at hooker.

Our attack was always going to suffer. We just need to keep going until we start getting some of our halves back.

Seriously WTF is Milford doing there? He played that the absolute worse way possible. Boyd was obviously expecting him to turn up in support and was ready to pass but when he realised he wasn't there at the last second all of a sudden had to pass far longer than he was expecting and it didn't work out.

No way I'm blaming Boyd for that.

I agree: it was poor positional play, and effort, from Milford. He looks like he's jogging. The poor pass is still Darius' fault. By now he should know his limitations. Milford's job is to be elusive, ball in hand. We're not seeing much of that these days.

Armchair coaching here but I'd like us to have a field goal-fake play to use on the second last tackle where we look like we're setting up a field goal but just end up throwing a short pass to Haas/TPJ/Fifita to take a regular hit up. I feel like it would be a good way to get the defensive line out of position when we try it the next play.

No he didn't. He got stripped of the ball, I don't put that on him.
Of course that's on him. He did also make another error in first half which lead to points. He was find, but wasn't so good...

I wish we had a spine. Milford is basically carrying by our backline. Well, him and staggs. And Haas is carrying out forward pack. Boyd needs to go to wing or out of team all together.

A9FCFB61 556C 4742 8A43 E42DB4DD6464

Seems I missed a Boyd clinic

You mean those same greats who actually are clutch players and will slot a field goal from 40 out to win a game? Do you think Milford would have got a field goal if he had an extra, let's say 2 shots at it? I doubt it. They're useless field goal takers under pressure, so is Niko, it's just ironic the Warriors were as bad as us. If we were playing the Rabbitohs they would have put us away first set with the ball in extra time.

Well he could have actually run. He's a brilliant runner of the ball he should have backed himself.
I think you’re missing a crucial point here. None of those greats would be able to slot the field goal if they were the player tackled, but it’s pretty safe to say they would still take the tackle rather than literally throw the ball away.

It was a stupid play, plain and simple. Boyd even knew it himself, it was written all over his face.

But to do you the courtesy, as you answered my question, I’ll answer yours.

I can only speculate. But I do know Milford iced a few in 2015 and Isaako did last year too. But as I said, I can only speculate. For all any of us know, we could have had their defence stretched and scored on the right wing as a result, but we weren’t afforded the opportunity because our captain threw the ball away.

What I know for certain though is that we would have given ourselves a better chance of a result if we just kept our cool.

But I do like the clip you uploaded. It clearly shows Milford was covered by 2 defenders anyway, so your point is moot. Indeed, if he gets the pass, in all likelihood he gets tackled and one of our only field goal proponents is taken out of the play.

Throwing the pass was lose-lose.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bongo
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Spooky1013
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.