[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

I thought the second try after halftime he left a bit too much room on his inside and when ball carrier jagged back in he got sucked back to the middle through necessity as he had shot out of the line again, meanwhile try is scored on the outside.
Gee, you're a hard marker !!!
Croft was the ONLY Bronco to actually get onside!!
He stood on the try line, Farnworth was 6 metres offside and had his back to the play the ball, Oates was 3 metres off side and never got onside at any stage and Glenn was also 3 metres offside and also never got onside.

Only Croft made the effort. Freeze frame at 32:58 and it's as plain as fucking day. You can't be 'shooting out of the defensive line' when you're the only **** in it!! It was terrible work from Farnworth. All Croft did was move up from onside at exactly the same moment as the ptb. It was 100% Farnworth and Croft did everything humanly possible to stop the try. He was the only player onside at the ptb. Have a look again. 32:58.

Gee, you're a hard marker !!!
Croft was the ONLY Bronco to actually get onside!!
He stood on the try line, Farnworth was 6 metres offside and had his back to the play the ball, Oates was 3 metres off side and never got onside at any stage and Glenn was also 3 metres offside and also never got onside.

Only Croft made the effort. Freeze frame at 32:58 and it's as plain as fucking day. You can't be 'shooting out of the defensive line' when you're the only **** in it!! It was terrible work from Farnworth. All Croft did was move up from onside at exactly the same moment as the ptb. It was 100% Farnworth and Croft did everything humanly possible to stop the try. He was the only player onside at the ptb. Have a look again. 32:58.
32:58? It was the 46 min I‘m talking about and I think you are too and yeah I can see what you mean. Lazy from our centre.

Herbie constantly held because Croft kept putting himself in poor positions (ie. offside). To attribute 100% of the blame to Farnworth on the try just after half-time is as silly as trying to blame Croft. Croft absolutely played his role in the break-down in defence.

At the end of the day, that entire left edge was poor from the Broncos and Croft didn't have what anyone would call a good game. For a player who was once made captain it's sadly a trend with him.

32:58? It was the 46 min I‘m talking about and I think you are too and yeah I can see what you mean. Lazy from our centre.
Yes, I think the time piece on the live Foxtel recording I have counts down from 40 each half so yep, we are talking about the same thing I'm sure. It's tough for Croft because as I said, he was the only guy who got onside. I just don't understand why people are not screaming about Farnworth's terrible positioning. Is it because he's young. Don't misunderstand here, I like Farnworth but last games poor defence on that side of the field was overwhelmingly down to him and not Croft. Even Glenn wasn't as poor as some had said.

Not arguing but which other try? Also, it's pretty obvious that Croft did not 'let in five tries'. No one on here can prove it with video evidence. It's plain and classic bhq scapegoating. Farnworth should be docked his pay for July. He was terrible but doesn't get mentioned.
I said Farnworth played shit heaps of times, especially in the live game thread. Many posters rightly pointed fingers at Glenn too.

That whole side was a shit show.

Not arguing but which other try? Also, it's pretty obvious that Croft did not 'let in five tries'. No one on here can prove it with video evidence. It's plain and classic bhq scapegoating. Farnworth should be docked his pay for July. He was terrible but doesn't get mentioned.
I agree about Farnwoth. He is not a centre. Wing or nothing.

@Caniffe

I'm addressing here your post where you saved the screenshots.
You stopped at 18:42 because you think it supports your theory.
In your first one you can see a red line, the 20m line directly in front of Croft. Yes, Croft is in front of his team mates by 2 metres however as we 'roll the tape' a second and a half later he has stopped on the 20...with Flegler and Glenn on his right, a straight line. Farnworth hasn't made the 20 and Oates even further back.

The problem isn't Croft, it's Glenn on his right who falls for the decoy and Glenn moves back infield chasing the decoy. This stops Croft moving out as there's now a yawnibg gap on his right. Croft has Douhie?( the WT6) covered. On Croft's left Farnworth, like Glenn takes the decoy. Both Farnworth and Glenn got sucked in and were responsible for the try. Croft being first up in their face had absolutely no bearing on the outcome.

@Caniffe

No idea why you put the second screenshot up. The try wasn't scored until two plays later NOT as you claimed, that this play is the one before the try.

The third screenshot shows Croft putting pressure on the kicker on the fifth tackle. Rather than passively sit back and wait for a forward or big centre to run and score straight over the top of him( for which fans would scream, why didn't Croft go forward, no point waiting) Croft ran hard to shutdown/ harass the kicker. It was the fifth after all. It was a perfectly weighted kick but nonetheless we should have covered it.

Oates, Glenn, Haas and Nui all could have stopped it but unfortunately couldn't. I think it's ridiculous to single out Croft trying to get to the kicker on the fifth, as all players are trained to do, for blame in the try. In this instance, it was a case of the kick being too good. There really wasn't anyone to blame for this one. Mind you. Nui only had to dive on the ball so his was the poorest effort.

I think most posters on here just want to be right and rely on memory rather than go back and carefully watch a replay. You can all pat yourselves on the back, reassuring each other that Huge got it wrong and the gang knows better but it won't make it so.

Ftr huge please recognise sarcasm😂. I was obviously not being literal with 5 tries.

**** me. Guys we were shit. We defended like shit. The left side defence didn't work well together and let in a thousand tries. Give it a rest.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.