[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

Riki shouldn’t have taken out the defender though, you can’t do that.
Also Croft crowded him out, he should have passed the ball a smidge earlier or held on to it. Your halfback needs to know these things. But with Croft he makes up his mind before he gets the ball what he's going to do and doesn't deviate from this.

Always do well 🤔
In comparison to others, yes.

Mead(Wing only) performed really well on the wing, and was dropped for some shockers at centre.
Oates has performed really well in each opportunity apart from Manly, and he was dropped for it.
Bullemor continually does his job in his extremely limited opportunities.

We can compare their performances with Isucko, Niu, Glenn etc if you like.

There is little doubt if we didn't hand them field position time after time we probably win that game very easily
68% completion rate vs 85% tells the whole story.

5-1 penalty count doesnt help either especially when Isaako getting pushed out should've been one (Maumalo touches him on the ground, which is apparently fine when you're 0.5m out from your own ingoal, but not when you're next to the touchline) and Kennedy gets shoulder charged by Brooks immediately before he drops the ball in the play the ball (I guess Kennedy should've taken a dive to force the Bunker to look at it.... hell Kennedy should've just dropped down instead of going for the challenge)

Okay, so the scoreline flattered the Tigers. They didn't deserve to beat us by an 18 point margin. Both teams were bog ordinary but the game was ours up until the the 65th minute, when we should've taken the lead. Today, we're all blaming the players but what turned the game for the Tigers was on Kevvie.

Isaako's try in the right corner was a set move executed perfectly. It was centred around a Jordan Riki decoy run, which he did as per the plan. Had Riki not been pinged for obstruction we'd have taken the lead, and by my reckoning lifted in confidence and taken out the game.

Instead, the play was overruled due to the obstruction. Kevvie's set move had an illegal flaw.

What effect would that have on team morale? I reckon we saw it. And then we saw the Tigers earmark a glaring defensive weakness and exploit the **** out of it. Again, on Kevvie. Or it should be.
Are you seriously blaming the coach for Riki stuffing up his decoy run? Moronic.

Are you seriously blaming the coach for Riki stuffing up his decoy run? Moronic.
Yes. If you're going to run a set play incorporating a decoy runner, avoiding obstruction is 101. He should've been drilled to avoid that. You can blame the player if you want but it's up to the coach to get that into his head, which by the very nature of his occupation is likely to be composed of several gallons of rendered fat blended with sand and mortar.

That’s an execution issue, completely on the player. I have no doubt that they have that drilled into them, from under 16s. Riki should’ve been smarter there. Run through the fucking line. Don’t stop with your hands up

The decoy wasnt illegal... Riki ran the inside shoulder which you are allowed to do.

The bunker came in and overruled a legal try
I think what was illegal is Brookes didn't go for him, Riki just ran into him. You have to go through the line on the inside shoulder.

There is little doubt if we didn't hand them field position time after time we probably win that game very easily

And, Broncos kicks/kick metres : 14/395

Tiggers : 22/737

Says a lot, mainly bad things.

BTW, who was that bloke who has been our only decent kicker for the last 6 years? Maybe @JAHHW could jog my memory. I'll wait with baited (sic) breath 😛

Yes. If you're going to run a set play incorporating a decoy runner, avoiding obstruction is 101. He should've been drilled to avoid that. You can blame the player if you want but it's up to the coach to get that into his head, which by the very nature of his occupation is likely to be composed of several gallons of rendered fat blended with sand and mortar.
Wow !!

And, Broncos kicks/kick metres : 14/395

Tiggers : 22/737

Says a lot, mainly bad things.

BTW, who was that bloke who has been our only decent kicker for the last 6 years? Maybe @JAHHW could jog my memory. I'll wait with baited (sic) breath 😛
I was struggling to think of who you meant until I saw the subtle clues you left for me, you clever bugger.

Decent kicker ✅
Only capable of a jog ✅
Sits around waiting for others ✅
Says a lot ✅

It’s Milford of course!

Payne Haas:

“There were just lapses again and our bad habits came back again. I’m a bit disappointed at the moment and I don’t know what to say. I thought we were the better team in the first half and just had a big lapse there and let the game slip away. I can play good all I want but if we’re not getting the results, I don’t really care. I’m just pretty disappointed and I hate losing here. I’m a bit lost for words at the moment.”

“It’s a good game for us to bounce back from. They’re the top team in the comp at the moment – them and the Storm – and it starts at training. We have to fix up those little things, especially those second half lapses. Penrith is going to be a hard game but if we go in with the right attitude, I’m sure we can turn it around.”

McHunt

I was struggling to think of who you meant until I saw the subtle clues you left for me, you clever bugger.

Decent kicker ✅
Only capable of a jog ✅
Sits around waiting for others ✅
Says a lot ✅

It’s Milford of course!

Brilliant 😁

Payne Haas:

“There were just lapses again and our bad habits came back again. I’m a bit disappointed at the moment and I don’t know what to say. I thought we were the better team in the first half and just had a big lapse there and let the game slip away. I can play good all I want but if we’re not getting the results, I don’t really care. I’m just pretty disappointed and I hate losing here. I’m a bit lost for words at the moment.”

“It’s a good game for us to bounce back from. They’re the top team in the comp at the moment – them and the Storm – and it starts at training. We have to fix up those little things, especially those second half lapses. Penrith is going to be a hard game but if we go in with the right attitude, I’m sure we can turn it around.”

McHunt

Should be captain, or co-cap't, irrespective of his age.

Sometimes I wonder how long his optimism will remain playing with this rabble.

Should be captain, or co-cap't, irrespective of his age.

Sometimes I wonder how long his optimism will remain playing with this rabble.

He must be excited about next year with our ins so far surely.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.