[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

You know what makes this loss even more embarrassing? Just minutes prior to us running out the Warriors lost their best player and are down to 13 men before half time and play most of the game with no men on the bench against the second best team and STILL put up a fight.

I just can't comprehend what is going on with this team there are zero excuses. This Warriors team have spent two seasons playing away from home and been through so much shit and just keep turning up. Brisbane have everything in their favour, this multi million dollar training facility barely covid effected or origin effected and they go out there and just produce rubbish.

If this doesn't get turned around soon these types of results will be seen as acceptable among the club (the lack of blowing up from the coach suggest it already is acceptable) and we could be in for a decade of this rubbish.

Its honestly very concerning that there is still no light at the end of the tunnel.

First Boyd and now Glenn. So far as what they actually contribute as a footballer and captain, they’d have to be right up there with the worst in the league over the last decade.

Both ended their career with diabolical defence whilst being practically non-existent in attack.

I’m interested to hear who people think has been worse.

Thank **** the Bulldogs exist...
I actually think the bulldogs are playing better generally, they just completely lack any talent. Slot some actual first graders into that team and they’ll move up the ladder. There is a lot to be proud of in their performances.

The broncos have talent but are poor in defence, don’t communicate; play as individuals, and make unforgivable errors in attack and defence.

If the dogs had TPJ, Lodge, Haas, Staggs, Oates, etc I think they’d be doing a lot better. Their only good player is Jackson and he isnt the kind of good that will win you games.

First Boyd and now Glenn. So far as what they actually contribute as a footballer and captain, they’d have to be right up there with the worst in the league over the last decade.

Both ended their career with diabolical defence whilst being practically non-existent in attack.

Mate it's not even close, Glenn is the worst of the two by a mile. Boyd was still lethal at finding the right option close to the line, he even had the odd try in him.

Glenn goes down like he's been shot if a hair touches him, his post contact metres would actually be negative most weeks.

Boyd lost the lateral ability to defend, but was still good on the other side of the ball. Glenn, well he's been a poor attacker for years but now he's an absolute liability on both sides. It must be embarassing to watch your captain get folded by the opposition halfback. He needs to be dropped.

Milford?

The players Kevvie continues to give chances too, keep continually being useless pricks, and then you have guys like Mead(wing only), Oates and Bullemor who always do well and they keep getting dropped.
Always do well 🤔

Mate it's not even close, Glenn is the worst of the two by a mile. Boyd was still lethal at finding the right option close to the line, he even had the odd try in him.

Glenn goes down like he's been shot if a hair touches him, his post contact metres would actually be negative most weeks.

Boyd lost the lateral ability to defend, but was still good on the other side of the ball. Glenn, well he's been a poor attacker for years but now he's an absolute liability on both sides. It must be embarassing to watch your captain get folded by the opposition halfback. He needs to be dropped.
Anyone know how long TC is out for??

I was at the game so didn't get any reports on injuries during the game.

I think if he's out for any extended period we may see Paikura come into the side to take over the Riki role (back up 2nd row) with Riki starting.

The way to ease Glenn out of the lineup is to have a replacement coming in demanding the position.

TC has been doing that, but not necessarily able to complete 80mins. TPJ is suspended and potentially leaving. Riki, whilst being good in attack, came up with some brain dead decisions in defence that really hurt us.

If Piakura gets some game time he might come in looking like a breath of fresh air and really adding something to the edge then his form could start demand minutes on the field.

I've also noticed Glenn used in the middle of the field throughout this year... although I think the middle rotation is firming up with Haas becoming an absolute weapon, Kobe claiming the 13 jersey and Kennedy being more than adequate along with Palasia and co.

8 different halves combinations, 35 players have been used, Karmichael Hunt was a starting half in two games ffs, etc

It all paints a very clear picture of a coach with no idea.

Defence is just as much about combinations as attack, and with the side changing all the time what hope have they got to form that understanding?

It's round 18! A coach should know by now what his best side is, if he doesn't it's because he has failed to improve them.

I have very little faith it will change next year. Kevvie is a great guy, but hes a shit coach.

I just realised how unclear I was in the final part of my post 🤦‍♂️

I meant has there been a worse captain than either of them at any other club the last decade?

Okay, so the scoreline flattered the Tigers. They didn't deserve to beat us by an 18 point margin. Both teams were bog ordinary but the game was ours up until the the 65th minute, when we should've taken the lead. Today, we're all blaming the players but what turned the game for the Tigers was on Kevvie.

Isaako's try in the right corner was a set move executed perfectly. It was centred around a Jordan Riki decoy run, which he did as per the plan. Had Riki not been pinged for obstruction we'd have taken the lead, and by my reckoning lifted in confidence and taken out the game.

Instead, the play was overruled due to the obstruction. Kevvie's set move had an illegal flaw.

What effect would that have on team morale? I reckon we saw it. And then we saw the Tigers earmark a glaring defensive weakness and exploit the **** out of it. Again, on Kevvie. Or it should be.

Okay, so the scoreline flattered the Tigers. They didn't deserve to beat us by an 18 point margin. Both teams were bog ordinary but the game was ours up until the the 65th minute, when we should've taken the lead. Today, we're all blaming the players but what turned the game for the Tigers was on Kevvie.

Isaako's try in the right corner was a set move executed perfectly. It was centred around a Jordan Riki decoy run, which he did as per the plan. Had Riki not been pinged for obstruction we'd have taken the lead, and by my reckoning lifted in confidence and taken out the game.

Instead, the play was overruled due to the obstruction. Kevvie's set move had an illegal flaw.

What effect would that have on team morale? I reckon we saw it. And then we saw the Tigers earmark a glaring defensive weakness and exploit the **** out of it. Again, on Kevvie. Or it should be.
The decoy wasnt illegal... Riki ran the inside shoulder which you are allowed to do.

The bunker came in and overruled a legal try

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.