[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

To me, that highlighted the issue with Isaako in a nutshell - oodles of physical ability, nothing at all upstairs footy wise. I mean you are near the sideline after a good run and decide to put your own leg out over the line you just tried to dive away from? Dumb.
He has to be the most penalised place kicker in the comp between all his out on the fulls and failures to go 10m.

two positives:

Haas - he is a beast and he's just getting smarter. a pass before the line for a try last game, and a beautiful offload for a try this week ...

Unnamed 1

Oates - Glad to see that Kevvie found where Seibold stashed the real Oates, hopefully it's not temporary

Hopefully we dont fall into the trap of sacking coaches every 1-2 years it means constantly resetting to fit what different coaches want and not getting anywhere.
Has anyone ever seen Xzei, Pagey and Kev in the same room at the same time ?

This team has put the cue in the rack and is ready for the off season, in mid July. That just about tells you all you need to know about where their mentality and confidence is at. They all look like they would rather be anywhere else come the beginning of the second half, whether winning or losing at half time.

I would not be bothered in the slightest if we never see the likes of Croft, Isaako and Flegler in the Broncos colours again, and thank god that will be the case for Glenn at the end of this season regardless. They're all just Plodders with a capital P and wouldn't get a run in any other first grade side.

I don't know why people are so upset with Flegler today ... I didn't think he was too bad (from the stands, not the TV)

stats seem to back up my opinion on that:

9 runs for 87m
36 Post contact meters
29 tackles
0 missed tackles
0 errors

decent output for a bench forward

I just can’t stand watching him.

Almost kicks dead to start the game. Didn’t quite get there mate, oh well, try again. Oooh, so close. Go on, have a third straight go; **** yeh, nailed it!

He’s right up there as the dumbest bloke on the team, and that’s saying something. So frustrating to watch, anticipating what ridiculous rookie mistake he’ll make next…
I understand what you are saying, but he is young and good natured. He needs good coaching. Imagine what a year with Bellamy or Wayne would do for him. I know it doesn't make up for many of the issues today, and the games prior, but he is a classic example of where the team needs good coaching and hasn't had it for 3 years now. Maybe even with good coaching he doesn't make it, but he's no chance without it, and he has a few mates in this team with him. That's the big difference with the good coaches; taking a Josh Addo Carr and turning him from a fast, impulsive, inconsistent winger into one of the best in the game, for example.

I don't know why people are so upset with Flegler today ... I didn't think he was too bad (from the stands, not the TV)

9 runs for 87m
36 Post contact meters
29 tackles
0 missed tackles
0 errors

Yeah he played pretty well. His lazy high shot played its role in the wheels falling off as did some lazy arm grab attempts but overall he was pretty good.

9 runs for 87m
36 Post contact meters
29 tackles
0 missed tackles
0 errors

Yeah he was good I thought. The penalty he gave came when we had just jammed them for 4 tackles in their own end though, timing was atrocious. We still should be able to defend our penalties and errors though, so it wasn't the end of the world.

Too many dumb errors by the same players, Isaako will get a stint in QLD Cup from here on in and it's hard to say he doesn't deserve that stint.

Anyone who begs to differ is clearly a close relative of Isaako's.

Ooh trying to run around their winger on the first tackle and putting his foot out was up there also!
Really? He didn't put his foot into touch initially. He was pushed into touch. It happens. He believed he was tackled and was getting up to play the ball. I only saw the one mistake tonight, namely the kickoff. Otherwise he went okay. Bit disappointed he didn't win the catching contest. The forward pass after was let go, unsurprisingly.

We had that game won, but lost through:
  • Lack of leadership in second half
  • Brodie Croft being a complete liability in defense.
  • Brain explosions - Niu trying to tee off on a par 5 with a giant airswing.
  • Stupid non professional level errors/penalties - Ball dead, lazy high shots, forward passes and 6 again's.
That stuff you cant coach at this level - its basic requirements. Single errors like that back 10 years ago would have meant you wouldn't get a start again for years. Now we are forced to accept and live with them through roster position.

Times will change next season.

I'm also certain someone has told Gamble to calm down. He should be hunting with Haas and Staggs - they all have the right hunger and all manage to get on-top of opposition players through aggression and determination.

Rikki showed hunger and effort and was chasing edge gaps - the service from Croft was just making it clunky. Every time Gamble fed him ball it was far more fluid and stretched the Tigers.

Oates cannot be dropped any more, we will look like fools if we do - and probably lose him.

Like for Oates comment. Things happen when centres pass the ball to him. Also made some great catches so thanks Tigers for giving more practice.
Riki made those big misses defensively and I think we'd have been better served with Bullemor.
Gamble muffed a couple of opportunities and didn't seem to want to get the ball to Staggs but he's still serviceable.

Croft has had his shot and it's time to call it. Usually he's at least serviceable in defense but Herbie and Oates have enough to worry about on their own without him disappearing from the line.

I understand what you are saying, but he is young and good natured. He needs good coaching. Imagine what a year with Bellamy or Wayne would do for him. I know it doesn't make up for many of the issues today, and the games prior, but he is a classic example of where the team needs good coaching and hasn't had it for 3 years now. Maybe even with good coaching he doesn't make it, but he's no chance without it, and he has a few mates in this team with him. That's the big difference with the good coaches; taking a Josh Addo Carr and turning him from a fast, impulsive, inconsistent winger into one of the best in the game, for example.
You’re right, he seems like a nice fella and he’s certainly not alone in this team with respect to being poor.

But the reality is he is getting worse, not better. He is into his sixth NRL season - I find that simply mind blowing! So I think he’s done, or at least at the Broncos. Some of the mistakes he makes are unforgivable and have nothing to do with coaching. @theshed is probably right.
He has to be the most penalised place kicker in the comp between all his out of the fulls and failures to go 10m.

Really? He didn't put his foot into touch initially. He was pushed into touch. It happens. He believed he was tackled and was getting up to play the ball. I only saw the one mistake tonight, namely the kickoff. Otherwise he went okay. Bit disappointed he didn't win the catching contest. The forward pass after was let go, unsurprisingly.
He went into touch after trying to run around the winger and out of space. End of story. Bonehead play #2 of 7 on the day.

Wayne gave him his opportunities and obviously decided he wasn't the guy we needed, he has way too many errors in his game. Some of them are basic errors, other times it's just a result of being outplayed by his opposite.

I am sure he's a lovely guy but sadly that doesn't win you games of footy

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.