vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is TMM out for? On todays performance I think Niu will be our FB until TMM is right to go. Hopefully paix will be right to play as well.
Today's performance by Tesi gives us a bit of leeway on TMM now... if we lost they would be seriously thinking about rushing him back and needling him for the pain, but Tesi got through the game and provided some serious spark in attack.

His confidence will be sky high now, which is much needed with a derby game against titans next up.

The week after that is Parra away, which will be tough for Tesi with Moses raining down torp bombs, but if we can get a good win against Titans and Tesi has another good game then he'll go into it confidently... and that will have given TMM 3 weeks off.

The week after that is Tigers... so pending how the eels game goes we could potentially take Tesi into that and provide TMM with 4 weeks or so off to recover with the ribs

One big question going into this one: Who is coming back?

Cobbo will back up, can't see Capewell doing the same. Carrigan? Oates?
Patty has been backing up so I'd expect him to come in... Cobbo and Capewell were both rested last time around, and Haas likely still out with that shoulder injury.

Hosking showed that he can do a role, so Capewell can be rested again if needed... Pereira is also the back up for Cobbo, but Hoeter performed extremely well as well so Oates could be confidently rested as well if needed.

Our biggest issue today were the middles and having to rely on James, Kennedy, Willison, etc. They did a good job, but for a while we had Kobe, Gamble and WIllison in the middle... that's just not going to cut it in the NRL ... so Flegler and Patty being back will be massive on its own

I think capewell and carrigan will back up. I don't think cobbo has the mental toughness yet and pereria is a gun replacement anyway. Oates might but I don't think Walters will risk it with hoeter proving a good replacement anyway.
Carrigan and capewell will want to, with flegler back as well that will mean hosking, James and paliasia on the bench. Before this game I would have thought "that's shocking" but they played their roles well in the dragons game and deserve another chance.

I'm guessing no Mam, Paix, Capewell, Carrigan, Haas, TMM, Cobbo, Herbie, Jensen and Robati.

So:
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hoeter
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Hosking
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Lee
15. Kennedy
16. Willison
17. Piakura

I'm guessing no Mam, Paix, Capewell, Carrigan, Haas, TMM, Cobbo, Herbie, Jensen and Robati.

So:
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hoeter
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Hosking
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Lee
15. Kennedy
16. Willison
17. Piakura

I think Mam, Paix, Cobbo and Jensen might play. Have a feeling HQ is playing games around injury times atm.

I think Mam, Paix, Cobbo and Jensen might play. Have a feeling HQ is playing games around injury times atm.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Haas makes a miraculous recovery too.

The team thinking that if he isn’t going to play for us we might as well rest him - with the added bonus of it impacting NSW negatively.

So:
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hoeter
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Hosking
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Lee
15. Kennedy
16. Willison
17. Piakura

What happened to Mam?

I don't think Paix can play, can he? Given he was knocked out, I think he is out for next week regardless.

I don't think Paix can play, can he? Given he was knocked out, I think he is out for next week regardless.
Yeah I think that's correct.

I'm pretty sure he wont be able to start running or contact at training until after 6 days and we play titans on Saturday.

This is the NRL's return-to-play guidelines on concussions.

If I'm reading this correctly, he can play if he receives clearance. But it's doubtful he will, highly doubtful.

Screenshot 2022 07 10 at 23 33 44 2021 concussion management guidelines 2021pdf

Screenshot 2022 07 10 at 23 39 16 2021 concussion management guidelines 2021pdf

This is the NRL's return-to-play guidelines on concussions.

If I'm reading this correctly, he can play if he receives clearance. But it's doubtful he will, highly doubtful.

He's no chance. If the club somehow gets a doc to sign-off, I won't be impressed with that at all - he was out cold. End of the day, it's just a game, not worth risking far worse damage to the kid.

If we start the game well and don't let them skip to a huge lead (like they've done the last 2 times), we should easily be able to take care of them.

He came off for a HIA I thought
. Not the hammy
He definitely had some sort of leg injury for a bit there. He was struggling to run properly. I have no idea what caused the HIA or whether the commentators got it wrong when dragged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • scobie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.