vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he kind of has. Almost every week there will be an over-the-line try-saver that really should have been scored but TMM wraps it up.
I'm not saying every time. But he does it enough to be an advantageous trait that Niu does not (yet) possess that I factor in to the comparison between the two.
@Morkel is right. Te Maire's goal line defence is extraordinary. I'm not sure whether it's something that can be coached to that level or whether he just has innate wrestling skills. He does it every game, often more than once. Tesi has never done it. Nor Jamayne. I've seen a couple of the other guys do it so maybe it's something that's being coached. But Selwyn doesn't have it. Herbie's defence is pretty good too, but he has more brute strength.

I'm all for a good Mullet, but could we get Willison a decent chop before the Titans game? That Bowl-Cut to mullet is terrible. Bowl cuts never mean business, and as we all know, a mullet must be business at the front.

TMM
Cobbo
Oates
Haas
Jensen
Capewell
Carrigan
Paix

If we rest our origin players (I'm not for it, this will be a danger game and if they are good to go they are good to go, resting to prevent injury regularly backfires and we need to win all we can to make the top 4) then that's the list of players we could get back against the eels the week after. Wow.....

We'd have the same team next week but swap paix for flegler (due to being 18th man) with Walters playing 80 mins I'd say...

TMM
Cobbo
Oates
Haas
Jensen
Capewell
Carrigan
Paix

If we rest our origin players (I'm not for it, this will be a danger game and if they are good to go they are good to go, resting to prevent injury regularly backfires and we need to win all we can to make the top 4) then that's the list of players we could get back against the eels the week after. Wow.....

We'd have the same team next week but swap paix for flegler (due to being 18th man) with Walters playing 80 mins I'd say...
Always loved turpin and really trying to support him but I would have gamble in the 14 this week. Turps has been shit for too long. Gamble brings something to the team that makes is win

If we could towel up a Dragons side without 9-10 players, we should be able to repeat the dose against the 15th placed Gold Coast Titans

If we could towel up a Dragons side without 9-10 players, we should be able to repeat the dose against the 15th placed Gold Coast Titans
I think this is a danger game. Titans will treat this like their grand final and it will be hard to ask the team of practically qld cup players to repeat what they did. Especially given the dragons kicking game was the worst I've seen at nrl level so we didn't need metres. As bad as the titans are, we will need more metres from our pack and possibly Oates as well, we can't get away with what we did 2 weeks in a row...

I'm all for a good Mullet, but could we get Willison a decent chop before the Titans game? That Bowl-Cut to mullet is terrible. Bowl cuts never mean business, and as we all know, a mullet must be business at the front.
Am I the only one who was a bit underwhelmed by Willison? His stats look okay for his 20 minutes, but I was expecting more energy from him. Or something. Maybe my expectations were too high. He's signed right through 2025, so the club must have some hopes pinned on him.

Am I the only one who was a bit underwhelmed by Willison? His stats look okay for his 20 minutes, but I was expecting more energy from him. Or something. Maybe my expectations were too high. He's signed right through 2025, so the club must have some hopes pinned on him.
Hes 19 coming back from an ACL injury that happened as an 18 year old. This is his first year of senior footy as an adult. What are you expecting from a teenager playing against elite male athletes?

He's a 19yr old kid that's 3 or so games back from an ACL and playing about his 3rd or 4th NRL game.

I think he only played on the weekend because our roster was decimated from injuries and origin.

They were probably anticipating that he would play all of this year in ISC

Hes 19 coming back from an ACL injury that happened as an 18 year old. This is his first year of senior footy as an adult. What are you expecting from a teenager playing against elite male athletes?
He's a 19yr old kid that's 3 or so games back from an ACL and playing about his 3rd or 4th NRL game.

I think he only played on the weekend because our roster was decimated from injuries and origin.

They were probably anticipating that he would play all of this year in ISC
I've been looking forward to seeing him back since he debuted last year. I've had him in the back of my mind as why we needn't worry about Payne leaving.

the only players that should be rested are the ones that medical staff say too , otherwise all hands on deck . 2 points is what we need from this game rest players here and there but to rest all our origin players is just silly.

He's played 185 minutes of football across four games since August last season. Then add in 20 minutes of NRL. That's just over 40 minutes a game for five games in 12 months.

He has been slowly warming up in ISC and was great against the Pride. He still wears a leg brace at training and has been in games but I noticed he didn't wear it on Sunday. So I think he's getting more confident in the injury.

Last year he only played seven ISC games, and three Colts games plus three NRL games.

So that's 18 games since he finished school in 2020 and a major injury.

the only players that should be rested are the ones that medical staff say too , otherwise all hands on deck . 2 points is what we need from this game rest players here and there but to rest all our origin players is just silly.
Depends how they pull up. I was happy with our wingers, so no biggie if Oates and Cobbo aren't 100%. Also happy to have Kobe and Tyson sub for Patty. Kurt, we missed, but if anyone's going to need resting it will be him.

I've been looking forward to seeing him back since he debuted last year. I've had him in the back of my mind as why we needn't worry about Payne leaving.
One thing I noticed yesterday was on one hitup he got smashed and driven backwards, but instead of thinking his job was done for the set he took a second hitup a couple tackles later and got himself over the advantage line.

It's a good sign for a young bloke who came into the game underdone that he's looking for work and getting belted on an earlier hitup didnt deter him.

The other thing is that when he was out there in the first half he comprised a middle 3 with Kobe and Gamble, because Kennedy was HIA'd straight away from a dog shot.

Kobe can hold his own in the middle, but I dont think it was intended to have those 3 on the field at the same time, whilst the game was in the balance.

It was during this period that Suli scored straight through the middle.

I think he'll go back to qcup for the year, unless injuries strike again, but next time we see him he could be supporting a middle comprising Patty, Flegler, Kobe, Haas, Jensen, etc. instead of being the biggest guy out of the 3 and having to be relied on as the main meter eater.

Always loved turpin and really trying to support him but I would have gamble in the 14 this week. Turps has been shit for too long. Gamble brings something to the team that makes is win
I think the opposition just really want to smash him which means there’s space elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lostboy
  • Big Del
  • thenry
  • LittleDavey
  • john1420
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.