Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You mean Walters? Yes, Joliffe pushed off RK but where was Walters? Sure, RK could have done better but it's not all on him. Also, the try shouldn't have been awarded.

He missed his tackle regardless. Terrible.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Imo, Tesi just has no positional sense in terms of his defence and he just doesnt know how to organise. They are big problems if he wants to play either fullback or center really. There was a stage yesterday in the second half where he was just running around after the ball like a headless chicken.

Sadly for him, we have clearly identified he isnt going to be our fullback as we have gone back onto Reece Walsh. He isnt going to play center as we have Staggs and Herbie there, and if Herbie leaves we have invested heavily into Selwyn. Doesnt leave much room for Tesi. Too much hype around him and he hasnt lived up to it. Its still possible he can develop, but i dont think its going to be here. I think he needs a team thats going to go all in on him and back him.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
The killer for me was when the ref asked Reyno to move his kick back about 4 cms to the 'correct' spot. Talk about nit picking!
I commented to my wife about this at the time. Nit picking was exactly the same term I used.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Imo, Tesi just has no positional sense in terms of his defence and he just doesnt know how to organise. They are big problems if he wants to play either fullback or center really. There was a stage yesterday in the second half where he was just running around after the ball like a headless chicken.

Sadly for him, we have clearly identified he isnt going to be our fullback as we have gone back onto Reece Walsh. He isnt going to play center as we have Staggs and Herbie there, and if Herbie leaves we have invested heavily into Selwyn. Doesnt leave much room for Tesi. Too much hype around him and he hasnt lived up to it. Its still possible he can develop, but i dont think its going to be here. I think he needs a team thats going to go all in on him and back him.
He could potentially play a role as a strong ball running wing much like To’o does for Penrith.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He could potentially play a role as a strong ball running wing much like To’o does for Penrith.

I honestly dont think he has enough power like To’o. He gets pushed back a fair bit with his kick returns from fullback, To’o physically seems a lot stronger than Tesi.

Its probably not good for anyone though if we are going to have to try to keep moving him positions just to find him a spot.

MrTickyMcG

MrTickyMcG

QCup Player
Jun 3, 2021
Ugly win for sure but we should have been further ahead. That Hosking try is try every day of the week, it was all one motion. Since when does scraping the grass end the play a second movement penalty involves a second movement suprise suprise you cheating shits
So are we now to understand that if you slide to score a try and ground the ball short of the line, that is also a double movement?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Hosking would have slid in if he didn’t promote it imo. Rush of blood.
yep i thought the same but I really think fermors try shouldn't have been allowed, so we should have had a square up

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
How good is hosking. Such bs he wasn’t awarded that try.

It was a fair enough call. The ball touched the ground before he promoted it. As soon as it touched the ground, the tackle is completed. They had to take it off him.

If he didn’t promote it, he likely still would have made it so he should have just let momentum take the ball over the line.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
just another one for the niu haters , have a look at Reynolds try . Brimson not even close ! it's what happens when you defend in the line .

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It was a fair enough call. The ball touched the ground before he promoted it. As soon as it touched the ground, the tackle is completed. They had to take it off him.

If he didn’t promote it, he likely still would have made it so he should have just let momentum take the ball over the line.
Yeah it was a fair call by a blade of grass. I’m just sad he had that moment taken away from him as it would have been a nice reward for his efforts. Hope he gets to score his first try soon

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We should be honest here, we've seen Carrigan miss more often. Hell, most of the forwards miss more often!

If he did, its probably because he is actually an established NRL and Origin player and has to actually make tackles.

He's even got a higher tackling efficiency than Kennedy. Odd that.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The most impressive aspect of this season has been the depth we’ve developed in the squad. The amount of outs we have had between injures, suspensions and origin would’ve have seen our season spiral in recent years but we’ve got a storm like next man up mentality at the moment and that is a huge part of making finals and having a crack at the end of the year.

The top team still needs a bit of polish to be a dominant side but the consistency despite injury is real top 4 material. Shout out to DD, Ikin, and Kev for identifying cheap reliable fringe players and preparing them well to slot in when needed.

Jensen
Lee
Hoeter
Periera
Gamble
James
TMM
Roberts
Hoskins
Palasia
etc

Really great signings and have done the club proud when given opportunities.

Ikin has seemingly done a great job of taking full advantage of the train and trial deals, the round 11 concessions, and the ability to release players early and not need to have a full top 30. Awesome roster management. Hopefully he continues to watch Q Cup closely to cherry pick the best guys who are not getting NRL opportunities for whatever reason.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
The most impressive aspect of this season has been the depth we’ve developed in the squad. The amount of outs we have had between injures, suspensions and origin would’ve have seen our season spiral in recent years but we’ve got a storm like next man up mentality at the moment and that is a huge part of making finals and having a crack at the end of the year.

The top team still needs a bit of polish to be a dominant side but the consistency despite injury is real top 4 material. Shout out to DD, Ikin, and Kev for identifying cheap reliable fringe players and preparing them well to slot in when needed.

Jensen
Lee
Hoeter
Periera
Gamble
James
TMM
Roberts
Hoskins
Palasia
etc

Really great signings and have done the club proud when given opportunities.

Ikin has seemingly done a great job of taking full advantage of the train and trial deals, the round 11 concessions, and the ability to release players early and not need to have a full top 30. Awesome roster management. Hopefully he continues to watch Q Cup closely to cherry pick the best guys who are not getting NRL opportunities for whatever reason.
Great choice on punting Isaako as well to buy some cap room. Guy can’t even get a start in the worst team in the comp and we haven’t missed him.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Galah
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • the_next
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Financeguy
  • Dexter
  • mieko
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.