Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It is a good question. Tesi potentially could be really good at centre as I think his defensive deficiencies would be maybe easier to hide/fix there. That said, Herbie is a more complete player albeit with different attacking strengths. If Herbie is committed long term, you would pick him but is he committed long term?

Then again, is the question the right one when Cobbo likely gets that spot over both anyway?
Tesi’s defence needs serious work. I shudder to think how he’d go one on one with second rowers like Kikua, Fifita, Crighton etc. in fact anyone running at Tesi is almost garunteed a win. He does not have the ticker to put his body on the line While making a tackle.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
What options is there, really? The only feasible option is to make a choice between Farnworth & Niu. Who do we want at left centre long-term (And possibly more importantly, who actually wants to be our left centre long-term), release the other one to the Dolphins to be their first choice Fullback next season.
The big thing that's turned the club around isn't talent; it's effort. Scrambling in defence. Effective in defence. But all through 110% effort.

I have my own criticisms of Herbie, but none of them are effort. He might not win us as many games as he should, but I can never recall him losing us one. Tesi is the opposite.

For me, Herbie every time.

The catch with 110% effort is it comes with increased injuries, so we do need quality cover. I could live with Tesi as cover the way we're using him now. But not in a starting role.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Little off-topic, but also on-topic.. What are we doing with Niu next season?

He's been great since coming back from injury. I maintain that he could be a seriously good centre long-term. Obviously someone has to miss out if we have any intentions of keeping Tesi.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

What options is there, really? The only feasible option is to make a choice between Farnworth & Niu. Who do we want at left centre long-term (And possibly more importantly, who actually wants to be our left centre long-term), release the other one to the Dolphins to be their first choice Fullback next season.

I think him and Walsh are gonna have to fight it out .
I don`t think Walsh Walsh or TMM gets his spot without a fight .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Tesi’s defence needs serious work. I shudder to think how he’d go one on one with second rowers like Kikua, Fifita, Crighton etc. in fact anyone running at Tesi is almost garunteed a win. He does not have the ticker to put his body on the line While making a tackle.

So when he took down Erin Clarke after he busted up the Broncos ruck and burst into the back field ?
You didn`t see that because you were taking a piss when that happened ?
Give credit where it`s due .

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
So when he took down Erin Clarke after he busted up the Broncos ruck and burst into the back field ?
You didn`t see that because you were taking a piss when that happened ?
Give credit where it`s due .
Clarke is not a second rower though is he?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Clarke is not a second rower though is he?
in fact anyone running at Tesi is almost garunteed a win.

Haters gonna hate .
Erin Clarke was playing Lock . The Broncos forwards were having trouble tackling him . Tesi didn`t .

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
? Huh ?
RK was okay ! Had better metres, made more tackles, had less missed tackles, had more tackle busts than James...and still out-performed him in every department in less minutes.
Even beat him in penalties conceded after that flop too

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
in fact anyone running at Tesi is almost garunteed a win.

Haters gonna hate .
Erin Clarke was playing Lock . The Broncos forwards were having trouble tackling him . Tesi didn`t .
Yeh I think he'd have issues tackling Erin Molan FFS. He's hopeless.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
He had an absolute shocker and just showed how far out of his depth he is. There are no green shoots there. Hes a nuclear bomb waiting to go off in defense.

Haters gonna hate ...

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Tesi's positioning in defence is still suspect and is his major weakness in his game. He has improved in many areas, including attacking those high balls but he needs more work on that.
Im not sure why as he has played plenty of fulback as a junior but im prepared to be patient with him.
He has an excellent attitude to training and im sure he will eventually get there. Perhaps its a concentation thing with him drifting out as a junior to conserve energy. It definitely needs work.
I think the bigger issue in the titans game was walters defence. He looked worn out at times and i think that 10 day break coming up is sorely needed.
In any event id play more minutes from turpin next week to keep him fresh.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Regardless of how we are winning, these two points we keep collecting do so much for our confidence and ladder position.

David Fifita really needs to get out of that club and get a fresh start before his career fades away into nothing. Knowing how devastating he is it's so sad seeing the the tits just give him the ball from a standing start and expect him to score.

I really hope they get the wooden spoon and anyone involved in the Fifita signing gets the sack for paying him 1.2 mil a year simply to try and get a "win" over us.

I wanna give Ryan James a wrap i really thought he did a great job for us last night.

Also was good to see Payne on the sidelines with Patty looking happy. Will be interesting to see how he plays when he returns for us. Maybe a little time away has cleared his head and he'll come back to his early season form. Can you imagine our pack with Patty and Payne both at the top of their game? Throw in Jensen, kobe and flegs then wow.

To add commentary to the Tessi debate. One thing I'll credit him with is he's a ball of energy in attack. Supports every play, fills in at hooker, takes some hard carries

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Good win last night, our B team showed tenacity and patience to get the end result.

I want to give a wrap to Brenko Lee, he's been great slotting in at left centre there. He will be a loss for our depth next year.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Tesi's positioning in defence is still suspect and is his major weakness in his game. He has improved in many areas, including attacking those high balls but he needs more work on that.
Im not sure why as he has played plenty of fulback as a junior but im prepared to be patient with him.
He has an excellent attitude to training and im sure he will eventually get there. Perhaps its a concentation thing with him drifting out as a junior to conserve energy. It definitely needs work.
I think the bigger issue in the titans game was walters defence. He looked worn out at times and i think that 10 day break coming up is sorely needed.
In any event id play more minutes from turpin next week to keep him fresh.
his defence has darius boyd written all over it , where boyd struggled with speed in his later years tesi is struggling with reading the play.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
his defence has darius boyd written all over it , where boyd struggled with speed in his later years tesi is struggling with reading the play.
How bizarre is hearing our outside back, particularly Te Maire, crediting Darius with the one-on-one work he's done with them? I wanted him fired at Pluto for the disgrace he brought on the jersey, but here we are.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.