Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Little off-topic, but also on-topic.. What are we doing with Niu next season?

He's been great since coming back from injury. I maintain that he could be a seriously good centre long-term. Obviously someone has to miss out if we have any intentions of keeping Tesi.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

What options is there, really? The only feasible option is to make a choice between Farnworth & Niu. Who do we want at left centre long-term (And possibly more importantly, who actually wants to be our left centre long-term), release the other one to the Dolphins to be their first choice Fullback next season.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

He's been great since coming back from injury. I maintain that he could be a seriously good centre long-term. Obviously someone has to miss out if we have any intentions of keeping Tesi.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

What options is there, really? The only feasible option is to make a choice between Farnworth & Niu. Who do we want at left centre long-term (And possibly more importantly, who actually wants to be our left centre long-term), release the other one to the Dolphins to be their first choice Fullback next season.
Niu is depth fullback or nothing imo

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
What ? They scored two ( counting one refuse to Hosking) and he was the best defender on the field, great entry from turp.
Yeah u're right, I was watching an old highlight on YT and confused it with tonight's game, that was bad information on my part.

B

bert_lifts

QCup Player
May 15, 2021
We got the Titans best game all season tonight I reckon and it's great to come away with a win because we were pretty shit in a lot of areas
Titans looked ok because the opposition was below average. If we were anywhere close to full strength we would've wiped them off the park. Even penrith wouldn't look good with 9 starters out.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Titans looked ok because the opposition was below average. If we were anywhere close to full strength we would've wiped them off the park. Even penrith wouldn't look good with 9 starters out.

Yeah we weren't great but they competed all game, they haven't done that many times this year

L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009
You can’t always win pretty, every team gets the odd rough game but a win is a win and all that matters is we held on and played to the 80th minute, The Broncos of the past couple seasons wouldn’t have.

wins a win.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I thought we were very lucky with a few calls going our way tonight but regardless a tough win with so many players out is worth celebrating.

I thought Tesi was pretty impressive outside of his goal line defence which was exposed a bit again tonight..

Riki’s best game in a long time. Even Turpin was decent. The back up wingers were great again.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Cant recall James missing a tackle that led to a try. Those are the ones that matter.
You mean Walters? Yes, Joliffe pushed off RK but where was Walters? Sure, RK could have done better but it's not all on him. Also, the try shouldn't have been awarded.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I thought we were very lucky with a few calls going our way tonight but regardless a tough win with so many players out is worth celebrating.

I thought Tesi was pretty impressive outside of his goal line defence which was exposed a bit again tonight..

Riki’s best game in a long time. Even Turpin was decent. The back up wingers were great again.

We had some calls and so did they, they had more than enough opportunities to win that game.. although Titans fans like to think there's some greater conspiracy going on, it's a load of shit

No surprise that Hosking emerges as a genuine threat to Riki's spot and then Riki has a big game

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Got realllllllllllllllllllly lucky that lazy effort from Niu for Samis disallowed try wasn't punished.

Niu is electric but terrifying.

Watch it again, he saved the try. He plays at his arm and in turn makes him lose control of the ball

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I'm sure the atmosphere of the place isn't far off the Toowong cemetery at the best of times.
Potential nicknames:
The Cemetery
The Morgue
The Funeral Parlour
The Church
The Library

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

What options is there, really?
Broncos could start a touch football team/league?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

It is a good question. Tesi potentially could be really good at centre as I think his defensive deficiencies would be maybe easier to hide/fix there. That said, Herbie is a more complete player albeit with different attacking strengths. If Herbie is committed long term, you would pick him but is he committed long term?

Then again, is the question the right one when Cobbo likely gets that spot over both anyway?

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
Someone mentioned on here during the week that this was like the Titans' grand final and they definitely aimed up, seemed to mean a lot to them as I suppose any win after 6 straight losses would be. Brave from us and as others have said, let's just take it and move on!

Here's a really minor thing that does my head in, but does anyone else get the shits at how the refs bang on about captain's challenges? Knock-on. "You can challenge, do you want to challenge? Up to you mate, you can challenge it? Do you want to challenge?" Just let them decide if they want to challenge, if they forget that they can then that's on them.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Someone mentioned on here during the week that this was like the Titans' grand final and they definitely aimed up, seemed to mean a lot to them as I suppose any win after 6 straight losses would be. Brave from us and as others have said, let's just take it and move on!

Here's a really minor thing that does my head in, but does anyone else get the shits at how the refs bang on about captain's challenges? Knock-on. "You can challenge, do you want to challenge? Up to you mate, you can challenge it? Do you want to challenge?" Just let them decide if they want to challenge, if they forget that they can then that's on them.
The stadium should play the who wants to be a millionaire sound track while the refs are at it.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

depth/injury cover , but I don’t think he'll stick around unfortunately i also think he could be a good centre.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Here he is.
Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Scdeac
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.