Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
To add commentary to the Tessi debate. One thing I'll credit him with is he's a ball of energy in attack. Supports every play, fills in at hooker, takes some hard carries
He had an absolute shocker and just showed how far out of his depth he is. There are no green shoots there. Hes a nuclear bomb waiting to go off in defense.

Who`s opinion should I take heed of ?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It is a good question. Tesi potentially could be really good at centre as I think his defensive deficiencies would be maybe easier to hide/fix there. That said, Herbie is a more complete player albeit with different attacking strengths. If Herbie is committed long term, you would pick him but is he committed long term?

Then again, is the question the right one when Cobbo likely gets that spot over both anyway?
I appreciate your resolve in trying to defend Tesi but we’ve seen him at centre and his defensive deficiencies are are amplified at centre. I’m happy to be wrong but I think centre is a terrible idea for Tesi.

Tesi’s future isn’t in the 17 of a top 8 club.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
M

He was lucky. He didn’t want to put his body on the line so didn’t commit to it.

Ball was going at an angle opposite to the way he was travelling .
I thought it looked soft at 1st . Didn`t have much chance after the ball bounced away from him . Then he slapped the ball carrying arm and all was well .

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
How bizarre is hearing our outside back, particularly Te Maire, crediting Darius with the one-on-one work he's done with them? I wanted him fired at Pluto for the disgrace he brought on the jersey, but here we are.
yeah nothing against Darius i was happy to have him around the club , im saying tesi's defence looks like late Darius's defence. defending in the line and seemingly always being late to the play , i really don't see it as lazy just not reading the play good enough atm

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Ugly win for sure but we should have been further ahead. That Hosking try is try every day of the week, it was all one motion. Since when does scraping the grass end the play a second movement penalty involves a second movement suprise suprise you cheating shits NRL.

Happy for the boys to nut out another win with essentially our seconds team. Shows our depth squad is still at least top 10 quality and thats a huge improvement.

Thanks Kev, your doing an amazing job getting these boys believing and playing for each other.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Tesi's positioning in defence is still suspect and is his major weakness in his game. He has improved in many areas, including attacking those high balls but he needs more work on that.
Im not sure why as he has played plenty of fulback as a junior but im prepared to be patient with him.
He has an excellent attitude to training and im sure he will eventually get there. Perhaps its a concentation thing with him drifting out as a junior to conserve energy. It definitely needs work.
I think the bigger issue in the titans game was walters defence. He looked worn out at times and i think that 10 day break coming up is sorely needed.
In any event id play more minutes from turpin next week to keep him fresh.
I think Paix is back next year, thank god

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Only been there once for a Broncs game - the 2009 semi. The place was packed and went off.
This exactly. The atmosphere was insane that night. I guess being in the Broncos section and everyone there was right into it really helped.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Just when you think the NRL has used up every excuse to do us over they come out with Hosking's try touching the grass on the way to the try line!!!

The rule about double movements is called a double moement because it involves two distinct movements where the second movement further promotes the ball. Last night Hoskings made one movement reaching out for the line, simples.

There is no way that would have been even scrutinised if it was a Sydney team scoring the try. The killer for me was when the ref asked Reyno to move his kick back about 4 cms to the 'correct' spot. Talk about nit picking!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Fair no try. It was a technical double movement, it doesn't matter whether it's one motion or two.

The ONLY thing that matters, is if the arm was promoted after the point of the ball touching the grass, which it was, you can see from his shoulder that he moved his arm after the point of the ball touching the grass. There is no requirement for "momentum" to stop, then move after that, the only time momentum matters is if they hit the ground and momentum bounces them over without them moving their arm forward.

But as far as the try goes, ball hits the grass, after that point, he moves his arm forward which is a promotion of the ball without momentum, so it's a no try. It's a technicality but it's absolutely the right call.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Fair no try. It was a technical double movement, it doesn't matter whether it's one motion or two.

The ONLY thing that matters, is if the arm was promoted after the point of the ball touching the grass, which it was, you can see from his shoulder that he moved his arm after the point of the ball touching the grass. There is no requirement for "momentum" to stop, then move after that, the only time momentum matters is if they hit the ground and momentum bounces them over without them moving their arm forward.

But as far as the try goes, ball hits the grass, after that point, he moves his arm forward which is a promotion of the ball without momentum, so it's a no try. It's a technicality but it's absolutely the right call.

View attachment 19210
Bollox! His arm is making one movement as he reaches out.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Bollox! His arm is making one movement as he reaches out.
It doesn't matter if it's one motion or not, the only part that matters is if he moves his arm forward after the ball makes contact with the grass. It's an unfortunate rule for Hosky because he deserved a try but it is what it is. I'm not going to bag the refs for a correct call.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Spooky1013
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Redux
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Stix
  • Battler
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.