20:00

Panthers

Team Lists

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Pretty much a sell out - have the Panthers flown their members up?
Either that or most people have bought their tickets well in advance.
They way we have been playing lately I wouldn't expect many tickets to have sold in the last couple of weeks.

Cavalo

Cavalo

NYC Player
Sep 20, 2019
That's alot of forwards out, but we've known BTK was out 6 weeks ago - how do we not have affiliate players ready to step up?
The Riki suspension has cost us. Should we appeal to the NRL - you know "for the fans"?
I guess it's Carrigan to 2RF... Oates to the bench.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
That's alot of forwards out, but we've known BTK was out 6 weeks ago - how do we not have affiliate players ready to step up?
The Riki suspension has cost us. Should we appeal to the NRL - you know "for the fans"?
I guess it's Carrigan to 2RF... Oates to the bench.
I think heatherington has been training in the backrow for months now. I think he will play a role there and carrigan will stay at lock

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

So is Kevvie not keen on using the Qcup players? Is it the talent at the next level or a relationships thing with the affiliates? Is there a lack of forwards / talent making it through to the next level from Qcup?

Feels like there is a lack of youngsters coming through... or is there just a lack coming through at the Broncos??

I havent really been paying too much attention to the other Qld clubs, but so far this year forwards to debut at NQld, GC, Phins and Storm are below... I'm definitely missing a ton, but is there a bit of a shortage coming through Qcup maybe? (is this still fallout from Covid years... and maybe a bunch of talented guys not in NRL systems have been lost to the game?)

Then I think of a guy like Hopgood and how he ended up in NSW instead of a Qld team... Harry Grant going to Storm (I think through Ponissi)... are we losing something with our relationships at Qcup level... sure we get the biggest and the fastest at the comps but that's not always translating and that's not always finding the good quality footy players... I'd imagine back in the day Cyril was the first point of call to local clubs that had a diamond in the rough and have we maybe lost that?

NQld
Shibasaki (moved from broncos system, but I think he was T'ville based so tough to get him to brisbane)
Finefeuiaki (debuted last year but heading to phins)
Mikaele (import from tigs?)
Price (moved to Sydney)

GC
Kleese Haas (debuted last year)
Pahulu
Alick
Iszac (Tino Jr) - hasn't played much this year... has he been injured?

Phins
Plath (was in broncos system, but moved for opportunity)
Lemuelu (debuted a little while back now, but still pretty young)
Hubner (think he's a Qcup veteran?)

Storm
Howarth (finally debuted)
MacDonald (debuted last year)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty sure Kobe got moved there last week when Jetski went down with Smoothy moving to lock
I don't think it was too effective either much like Carrigans time in the second row, much more suited up the middle.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
As I am well aware and everyone else knows - injuries are beyond our control. Even the shit decisions we might have to cop year in year out because - Broncos is beyond our control, and to a lesser degree a drop in form is something so nebulous that we could also say it is beyond our control, but practicing how to professionally deal with a short goal line drop out is something we should be practicing in our frikkin sleep.

We are not just bottom of the league in successfully winning possession from our drop outs, we are bottom of the world in successful wins from opposition goal line drop outs.

This is something we can control to a large degree and all it takes is attention to detail and plenty of practice.

Whoever is responsible for coaching this at our club needs to have his gonads threatened with that new 'special forces' lighter if he doesn't get his shit together and instigate the proper training and coaching to rectify this glaring issue. We lost a frikkin vital try in the GF last year because of it and yet we are still to address the issue.

Get a grip FFS! And get it sorted!!!!

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Howie
  • Painin the Haas
  • Stix
  • leon.bott
  • TimWhatley
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.