POST GAME [Round 18, 2024] Broncos vs Panthers

Why didn't we challege Oat's "forward pass"? Even the channel 9 commentators said it was not forward. Could have been a game changer. P*sses me off that these errors by the officials are not challenged and corrected during the game. Plus the bloody 6 agains allowing Refs to decide the game result....I'm so sick of it.

Can't challenge forward pass calls

Juiced.

I’ve been around it my whole life. He’s on the gear, to build that amount of muscle and maintain it while having an elite aerobic capacity when not being born with a freak genetic build to start with…he’s never tired, while being 40kg heavier than a very good marathon runner.

While other members had a bad case of acne from no where…..
I'm definitely not a fitness expert, but I thought one of the fundamental principals is that you're basically either anaerobic or aerobic, and increasing one means you're sacrificing the other.... unless you're a genetic monster like Haas.

Yet you look at To'o's quads and they're legit like a bodybuilder / power lifter... like how are his legs that jacked whilst also running for 250m a game for 4yrs straight and then never getting soft tissue injuries.

A throw away joke on reddit was that Taylan May's settlement would have to include an NDA on the performance program at penrith...

JFH is no bigger than Riki .
Patty , Jensen and Haas all bigger . It`s about attitude not size .
Its not just size.
IF you know anything about exogenous steroids, its about development in certain areas that are indicators of steroid use.

JFH, and Edwards are prime examples of it.

Both have gigantic traps, delts, rhomboids and necks.
These areas have the highest number of testosterone receptors.

Both are showing advanced male pattern baldness, signs of excess testosterone.
They are big man, that play long minutes with little fatigue.

Even Cleary looks juiced to me.
(as Galah mentioned) the bloke has had shocking acne which could be a skin condition, or it could be from juicing.

I literally work out daily with guys on the juice and its easy to spot when you know what you are looking for.
I dont think there is another team at the moment who plays to their level in terms of overall fitness and impact for the full 80 minutes.

💯 I said it during the live game thread one out plays aren't going to cut it.
Where are the inside/under balls to our forwards.
Change the angle of attack, have the forwards running in pairs.
That's an attitude thing if anything.. something our team lacks in spades.

You see Penrith run the ball and make at least two changes in their angle of attack in a set, always asking questions.

Where as we are one out, mostly run into the same tacklers from the tackle before :boring:

Why didn't we challege Oat's "forward pass"? Even the channel 9 commentators said it was not forward. Could have been a game changer. P*sses me off that these errors by the officials are not challenged and corrected during the game. Plus the bloody 6 agains allowing Refs to decide the game result....I'm so sick of it.

He stepped on the side line after catching the pass ...

Yeah watching the replay, it really feels like this might be the game we look back on as the season turner, we played like us again for the first time in weeks. Just a shame we break up all the momentum from it with this stoopid waste of time next Wednesday.

Yeah watching the replay, it really feels like this might be the game we look back on as the season turner, we played like us again for the first time in weeks. Just a shame we break up all the momentum from it with this stoopid waste of time next Wednesday.
Yep... really fucking pissed that we have a good game that could reset the season... and then mass fucking disruption for the stupid fucking origin game again.

After seeing the way game 2 was manipulated and manufactured into a result I can't be fucked giving a shit about it compared the broncos

There was nothing to get excited about in this game. We were convincingly beaten 3 tries to 1.

Okay, letting in only three tries against Penrith isn't the end of the world, but with an attack containing Walsh, Cobbo, Mariner, Mam, Haas, Carrigan and Willison, only being able to cross the line once was pitiful. Only Walsh looked threatening with the ball in hand, and only when he hung onto it.

It wasn't effort: it was coaching. This team is clueless on the fifth, unable to get repeat sets and only threatening in open space.

Madden must never be picked again. Enough. When he was replaced by Walters, who wouldn't make the halves in any other first grade team, we lifted if anything. Even Walters' kicking game, as rudimentary as it is, was superior.

Once Madden went off our attack pretty much avoided Walters, using Walsh as the goto on nearly every play that wasn't a hitup. At least Billy can defend at 6/7. That's all he had to do, other than the occasional bomb.

No, this wasn't an "almost there" game. This was a loss.

**** 2024. Bend over, here comes the spoon. Let's go for that again. At least we might be able to win something.
Boohoo.

Esra shone when Reynolds was playing. I had hoped that he and Walsh would link up more.....change of position for Walsh maybe?
He was already playing at least two positions last night. Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before but we need to get a succession in place for Reynolds. Three months ago.

Watching the replay, I thought we did really well with significant improvement to come. Haas was quiet in attack and obviously we didn't have Patty there but I thought him and Piakura were great on the edges. Mariner needs a break but looked much better in the centres than on the wing. Walsh and Mam looked fantastic back together for the first time in ages. Losing Madden really hurt, he was just warming into his role. Our bench is a massive issue with all the injuries but Marty is really offering something.

At full strength, I don't know how we do it but I think we need to consider whether right now, should Hetherington, Walters and Mariner be included unless Mariner is at centre?

And on that...would this be worth considering as a left field idea?

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Staggs

Watching the replay, I thought we did really well with significant improvement to come. Haas was quiet in attack and obviously we didn't have Patty there but I thought him and Piakura were great on the edges. Mariner needs a break but looked much better in the centres than on the wing. Walsh and Mam looked fantastic back together for the first time in ages. Losing Madden really hurt, he was just warming into his role. Our bench is a massive issue with all the injuries but Marty is really offering something.

At full strength, I don't know how we do it but I think we need to consider whether right now, should Hetherington, Walters and Mariner be included unless Mariner is at centre?

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Staggs
Staggs is too much money to bench, but I agree this would be a better lineup.

As if you can drop Billy. Never happening.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Staggs
I‘d have karapani on the wing over Oates and swap Staggs with piakura.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Staggs
I think Staggs could move into being a 17 eventually, in the same way Dylan Walker has been reinvented as a middle forward.

I'm assuming a team will come out and throw money at him to remain a centre, but it could be a transition he completed in a few years time.

I think Payne was basically trying to be the ball playing lock with Patty moved to the edge, so that likely impacted his attacking output.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • davidp
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fitzy
  • YeahNahMate
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.