POST GAME [Round 18, 2024] Broncos vs Panthers

You know what I think it might be is EPO. It is prevalent in the Horse Racing industry (reminds me of a certain person in the NRL head office) and is highly effective for Cardio.

In thinking about it, it would be a huge scandal for the NRL to have another top team caught cheating and have to strip their trophies. It is not in the interest of the product.

Epo is a good shout, they’ll never get tested, no way.

Does EPO make your traps grow and give you acne ?
Apparently, the biggest give away from anyone using EPO is their chin. Clinical trials in the USA showed an average male chin gained between 3 -4 cms with prolonged use of the anabolic steroid. It also weakened the user's hamstrings severely. To the extent where they could actually tear after just 15 minutes of use that was classified as "beyond walking pace".

Apparently, the biggest give away from anyone using EPO is their chin. Clinical trials in the USA showed an average male chin gained between 3 -4 cms with prolonged use of the anabolic steroid. It also weakened the user's hamstrings severely. To the extent where they could actually tear after just 15 minutes of use that was classified as "beyond walking pace".

HGH will make your skull grow .
EPO makes more red blood cells aiding cardio and endurance and is not a steroid as far as I know . It was one of Lance Armstrongs faves .

I`m an MMA fan I have seen plenty of beef cake steroid users get busted , also guys with cardio for days who get popped for EPO .

The Festina cycling team were on it at one stage.

I’ve been on the train for a while now - you just can’t continually run 200+ metres, be almost impossible to tackle one-on-one, and never get tired for 30+ weeks a year. No matter how good your preparation is.

Players can likely do that every other week or continuously for a short period of time, but they will crash or have some off games in and around them

They don’t.

It all reminds me of how Gallen magically played 80mins at prop in Origin in 2011, the same year Cronulla was later investigated and found guilty of doping, to which he took the ban, admitting guilt

The difference is I think, as stated above, Penrith have been so highly successful that to strip them of titles would be a huge black mark on the competition, and more importantly probably spell the end of Vlandys as this happened right under his nose at the least. It would also be a big blow to the war for western sydney against the AFL.

They didn’t care about the ramifications of the Melbourne stripping because they know it’s a lost cause compared to something like the Penrith area and the huge player and fan base they have out there, now and in the future.
To win the war over Western Sydney against AFL wouldn't it be a beneficial for a team from Western Sydney to be completely dominant..
And Changing a rule at the start of that dominance that benefits their fittest levels even more

I don't think that the traps theory is a reliable method because lifters tend to train their whole body equally where a Rugby League player wouldn't, traps are very much a muscle that is heavily focused on and basically every player has large traps, even Walsh has them popping out.

It would take atleast 5 years of constant growth to have them close to the level you see in footy players though, but they would be undertrained in other areas too to keep the weight down as at the end of the day it's an athletic sport.

The biggest giveaway for roids though is the skin, you can't hide the reddish tone even if you get lucky and have no acne.

Players like Staggs and Riki who clearly have elite genetics could literally have bodies that others on the gear couldn't even achieve so just looking at the definition alone can be deceptive.

Literally all it takes in modern sport to get away with years of juicing in your team is getting your hands on a test hiding drug that hasn't had a counter measure made to detect it yet, these get developed all the time and the detection is often years or decades behind.

I would say to avoid a situation like Cronulla got into would be to only have a controlled set of people involved in it, If penrith were doing such a thing it would likely be their players with an extensive junior career with them, as well as select staff they know will be long termers or lifers in the organisation(like a Alfie equivalent in the club for example).

Of course it's all a conspiracy but there is definitely something fishy with some players, I would say To'o for me is the most obvious juicer, especially with the constant Acne he gets and how blocky his build is which looks unachievable even with the best genetics.

There is also the possibility of certain players having this all setup themselves as lone wolfs, which is in main way it happens.

If you were to ask me on that Ethan Strange is the one that stands out for me, given his young age and the amount of time required to build a body like what he has it doesn't add up to me.

At one point Nathan Cleary's acne became a whole news article.

To'o has had acne breakouts too.

Like... there may not be a fire, but holy shit there is smoke.

The Festina cycling team were on it at one stage.
Dangerous to have too many red blood cells because the blood gets too thick . Can cause clots .
Cyclists have used it for decades . The old Russian way was draw blood , spin out the red blood and store it . Wait till the body naturally replenishes the red cells then add back the extra stored blood cells shortly before competition .

Dangerous to have too many red blood cells because the blood gets too thick . Can cause clots .
Cyclists have used it for decades . The old Russian way was draw blood , spin out the red blood and store it . Wait till the body naturally replenishes the red cells then add back the extra stored blood cells shortly before competition .
Oh those willey Russians!,

Just to add, does anyone remember Souths used Boxa protocol performance technology during their premiership winning season in 2014?

In that cycling era, it was more a case of who wasn’t on it but the issue with EPO is it affects everyone differently, some get a huge advantage, some get almost none.

Just to add, does anyone remember Souths used Boxa protocol performance technology during their premiership winning season in 2014?

Which were completely ineffective.

It was just a placebo effect. They didn't actually do anything.

Well I have sucked at doing these over the last few weeks:

Post-game H2H:

1. Walsh (Broncos) - this is so harsh on Edwards but Walsh played his heart out in a losing side
2. To'o (Panthers) - the comfortable best winger in the comp for a reason
3. Tago (Panthers) - Aquaman showed more than enough to show why he has been so highly touted coming through as a centre but even so, Tago wins this just
4. Cobbo (Broncos) - Cobbs did some dumb things but he is becoming an outright weapon on the left, he's levelled up this year
5. Arthars (Broncos) - Arthars wasn't great but Laurie lasted like 2 mins
6. Mam (Broncos) - Looked like signs he is about to explode again, great to see
7. Luai (Panthers) - Honestly, I was pretty impressed with Madden up until doing his hammie but Luai was benefitting from a forward pack well on top, even though I didn't think he was as great as the commentators were saying
8. Leota (Panthers) - JFH gets all the accolades by Leota is possibly even better, he always does the tough carry and gets them out of trouble so often
9. Kenny (Panthers) - I feel like this is highlighting our issues at 9 this year because Kenny looked like an absolute gun which he is not against our plodder here
10. Fisher-Harris (Panthers) - Haas was ok but made more mistakes in this game than he probably has in his whole career
11. Piakura (Broncos) - He was pretty good in all honesty, keep the head gear off, he seems to be coming out the other side of his slump
12. Martin (Panthers) - He is the best second rower running around right now for a reason
13. Yeo (Panthers) - Look at the amount of Panthers here in the forwards and it shows you where this game was won and lost

14. Smith (Panthers) - Some brain explosions but very skilful for a big man
15. Willison (Broncos) - He has been a shining light in a pretty disappointing season, I really hope he announces an extension soon
16. Henry (Panthers) - I thought he was fantastic for them, I did not expect that
17. Taupau (Broncos) - He made a difference when he came, has been great two weeks in a row and if we are full strength, sorry Kobe but I'm putting Marty ahead of you

10-7 to the Panthers which is better than the 14-3 I had pre-game. Reynolds would have made a massive difference to that game and I suspect Staggs would have helped too but then again, so would Cleary obviously.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.