PRE-GAME Round 18 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I agree but what I don’t get is why didn’t the nrl give her a game like raiders v tigers where there would be no issue of any perceived bias?
They are really putting the pressure on her in her first game and it’s not necessary.
No doubt it was intentional. It should have been a game in Sydney between Sydney teams, you're on the money for sure.

Worst possible scenario. I now give us next to no chance we'll end up in front on the penalty count. She will do absolutely everything she can to avoid the headline ' hometown advantage gets the Broncos the win ' or some such inference or variation on that theme. In an effort to appease the nswrl, sorry nrl and to appear unbiased she will unconsciously screw us. She won't want the nickname Grasshopperess!

Or you know, this could all be avoided if the referees actually do their job and referee what is in front of them and not nit pick and worry about ghost penalties and evening up penalty counts to appease their superiors.

Or you know, this could all be avoided if the referees actually do their job and referee what is in front of them and not nit pick and worry about ghost penalties and evening up penalty counts to appease their superiors.

What a revolutionary concept!

I agree but what I don’t get is why didn’t the nrl give her a game like raiders v tigers where there would be no issue of any perceived bias?
They are really putting the pressure on her in her first game and it’s not necessary.
Because the Raiders/Tigers game still has relevance as one team is trying to solidify a top 4 spot and the other a top 8. They gave her the most low key match of the round with two playoff no hopers. They did the right thing.

Havent cantebury won their past few games? The bookies have more confidence than i do.

Can only assume the bookies must assume the Dogs are incapable of continuing a winning run with their current roster. That and the fact we are a better team playing at home than in Sydney

thoughts on our (once again) new centre pairing of Herbie and Staggs.....think this improves the edge defence a little...or a lot..?

thoughts on our (once again) new centre pairing of Herbie and Staggs.....think this improves the edge defence a little...or a lot..?

It might but FMD I wish Seibold would hurry up and find the right 17 for him because this constant shuffling of the deck chairs is getting real tiresome. Let the fucking team gel.

It's doubtful Farnworth is going to find himself in the 17 come tomorrow night.

As has been mentioned before, Glenn has been training at centre.

I had a look at Cummins' record with the Broncos it currently stands at.

Broncos: 30 Wins, 1 Draw, 21 Losses

In terms of penalty counts, Brisbane won 26 of them, 6 of them were tied while 20 went to the opposition. In recent times, the record has been skewed and I'm sure a couple of matches have made an impression on the fans. In particular the Round 2 2018 game against North Queensland where the Cowboys were given an 11-5 penalty count, as well as the Round 14 loss against Melbourne which ended up by 12-7 to Melbourne.

Can't access it because paywall, but I believe there's confirmation on the Daily Telegraph that Glenn will play Centre.

For those with Kayo, they have added highlights of the Round 9 2005 encounter between Broncos and Bulldogs in the classic games section.

Glenn makes sense, I think he does pretty well when be plays centre. So does that mean Fifita starts in the SR with Pangai?

It's a lot bigger team with this line up, would be good to have our halves playing with this line up, lots of power running.

Glenn makes sense, I think he does pretty well when be plays centre. So does that mean Fifita starts in the SR with Pangai?

It's a lot bigger team with this line up, would be good to have our halves playing with this line up, lots of power running.
I think the broncos are concerned about hoppa, who has been in pretty good form. They may think glenn will manage to defend him better.

I dont mind glenn at centre for this purpose (and gives fifita more minutes on the field). Feel for farnworth though. I think he has performed really well.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • RodF
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.