PRE-GAME Round 18 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

'Officially' Seibs, but the deal was basically done mid-2018.

The real answer is Peter Nolan, the guy responsible for Greg Eden and Troy Dargan.
He is a genius because Troy dargan is better then Darren Lockyer and eden is better then Elliot Whitehead and John Bateman combined

Zero tackle is the equivalent of mad magazine in the court of law as evidence.. Also..
"Reports perese set to become a bronco" ... A lot of words that tell us he didn't sign then at all..
I'd like to point out to you Sir, that Mad Magazine is a remarkably reputable collection of extremely important facts and stories for the highly intelligent. I have lived my whole life based on its detail and thought provoking highlights. It is one of the most influential pieces of writing of this millennium thank you very much.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Belinda Sharpe well be one of the referees for this game, becoming the first female referee in the NRL.

As someone who's a purist, I thought I'd initially hate the idea of having female referees, but honestly after the crap the blokes have thrown up this season, I think it's a welcome change. Seems like a lot of the referees these days are officiating games with their ego rather than their head, a fresh perspective and clean slate might be refreshing. Hoping she does well.

She's also a Queenslander, so I'm sure she'll subconsciously be hoping for a Broncos win :P

She's also a Queenslander, so I'm sure she'll subconsciously be hoping for a Broncos win :P

Does she support the Broncs? QLD fans of the other 2 sides generally hate the Broncos. Tall poppy syndrome and what not.

I'd like to point out to you Sir, that Mad Magazine is a remarkably reputable collection of extremely important facts and stories for the highly intelligent. I have lived my whole life based on its detail and thought provoking highlights. It is one of the most influential pieces of writing of this millennium thank you very much.
That now explains many things.

Does she support the Broncs? QLD fans of the other 2 sides generally hate the Broncos. Tall poppy syndrome and what not.

Good luck finding out what teams referees support, they'd never let that information out.

But this was in the NRL.com article -

"For Queenslander Sharpe, it’s a 'home' game too with her dad and mum, Alistair and Cathy, in the stands to see her out in the middle with senior referee Ben Cummins."

Good luck finding out what teams referees support, they'd never let that information out.

But this was in the NRL.com article -

"For Queenslander Sharpe, it’s a 'home' game too with her dad and mum, Alistair and Cathy, in the stands to see her out in the middle with senior referee Ben Cummins."
So really we have that bronco hating useless fucking Ben Cummins.

Anywhere we can check the win percentages under refs??

I'd say Broncos would have a shit record under Cummins... and if it's not win percentages we probably haven't won too many penalty counts under him

Zero tackle is the equivalent of mad magazine in the court of law as evidence.. Also..
"Reports perese set to become a bronco" ... A lot of words that tell us he didn't sign then at all..
Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it was already on the cards, **** you clowns will always turn a blind eye for your own agendas.
[automerge]1563188753[/automerge]
that link appears broken.

but while he may have talked to the club in July last year, he never actually signed ... for all we know, Bennett decided to pass on him.

IIRC, he had a train and trial deal during the pre-season when he won a contract. that contract would have been on Seibs request.

the defection actually happened in December, when seibs was head coach

For all we know he did.

Last edited:
Fun fact: Ponga, Su'a, Perese and Brodie Croft played together at Churchie: First XV 2014. Pretty decent side.

Pretty interesting to note Brodie Croft playing on the wing there.
Does anyone know when he started developing his playmaking game?

Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it was already on the cards, **** you clowns will always turn a blind eye for your own agendas.
[automerge]1563188753[/automerge]

For all we know he did.
**** you clowns? Pull ya head in iron mike...

You said he was signed in July. He wasn't. So you get the shits you were wrong and now change it to "on the cards"? And that's us trying to make it fit our agenda how exactly? And trying responding without the swearing big man

**** you clowns? Pull ya head in iron mike...

You said he was signed in July. He wasn't. So you get the shits you were wrong and now change it to "on the cards"? And that's us trying to make it fit our agenda how exactly? And trying responding without the swearing big man
Lol . Never said he signed, posted the article to state that it was being mentioned in July. Seibold can't be credited with his signing If he was being mentioned in July.
Are you following princess ??

Lol . Never said he signed, posted the article to state that it was being mentioned in July. Seibold can't be credited with his signing If he was being mentioned in July.
I never said he was credited with it, so? Are you following rocket scientist? Princess haha wow. I'm shaking in fear, people who swear and name call on Internet forums are normally the toughest people...

Did he sign him in July??

What did you mean by the above? Most people would assume you were giving evidence that seibold couldn't have signed him because he wasnt there in July when he was signed...
Very presumptuous of me, sorry....

History made: Belinda Sharpe to become first female to referee an NRL game

July 15, 2019

Belinda Sharpe will create history on Thursday night when she becomes the first female to referee an NRL game.

The 31-year-old will officiate the Round 18 clash between Brisbane and Canterbury at Suncorp Stadium.

Sleeman, who hails from Brisbane, refereed a Broncos trial match in the pre-season and has been a touch judge in the NRL since 2014 with over 60 first grade games to her name.

“Graham Annesley was only saying last week his concerns about the lack of depth in the ranks,” The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield told NRL 360 on Fox League.

“There’s long been a view whether the females like Belinda and Kasey Badger had the speed for NRL.

“Now they’re full-time officials and they’re doing as much work as the males are, there is a very good opinion there that they’ll go well.”

Source: Fox Sports

that all depends on what happened between July and when Bennett left.

just a hypothetical (since we have nothing else to go on) ... what if:

it was the recruitment team that was interested in Perese; Bennett vetos the signing (like he did with Ryley Jacks). which is why nothing happened between July and December.

Then Bennett gets punted, so the recruitment team re-raise the idea with the incoming coach Seibold, who gives the go ahead to offer him a train and trial deal. Perese impresses Seibold during the preseason/trials, so offers him a full time contract

Be prepared for a shit show.

I've seen her performances as a touch judge. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I'm assuming she will be the pocket ref, hopefully won't be too bad

Be prepared for a shit show.

I've seen her performances as a touch judge. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
One team is going to get dudded here. I'm all for her debuting if it's warranted but refs should exclusively debut in the last few rounds where teams are out of contention, and in glorified trials (all stars, nines)

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Tmac
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.