vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Nope not possible

Depends where the cut off is.
If it’s 26 pts we are a chance. If it’s 28 less likely, any more forget it.
Overlaid with that we are now on an odd point so we will definitely be either in or out. For and against probably won’t matter.

Depends where the cut off is.
If it’s 26 pts we are a chance. If it’s 28 less likely, any more forget it.
Overlaid with that we are now on an odd point so we will definitely be either in or out. For and against probably won’t matter.
Judging by what the ladder looks like now, 11-12-1 might get them in the playoffs which means they'd have to finish 5-3 which is a real long shot for a team who haven't had a decent stretch all season. Time to start concentrating on next year.

Unbelievable. Can’t believe it’s actually happened. What to do for the rest of the year .
We do what all professional athletes in the off season do. A bit of hunting, fishing, make a few personal appearances and get to know the wife and kids again.

Unbelievable. Can’t believe it’s actually happened. What to do for the rest of the year .

It hasn’t happened. We are currently 1.5 wins off 8th place. The Panthers have just scraped into the 8, Knights are sliding down out of it and Eels are all over the shop. We have to win most of our remaining games and a few teams above us will have to lose some.

But that is very far from impossible.

Personally I don’t think we will make it, we just lack the polish to finish off games as we saw last weekend against the Warriors and have seen all season with lots of close losses. We are crippled with injury and are being forced to swap players in positions every single week now, meaning our combinations are suffering, not exactly what you want when trying to make the play offs. Milf is playing injured. Boyd is playing busted and we are stuck with Macca.

I predict we’ll finish around 10th.

Last edited:
What? Mathematically it’s very possible.
Very unlikely. We still have to play the Storm (H), Cowboys (A), Rabbitohs(H), Panthers (H) and Eels (H). And the way we have been playing, we are no certanties to beat the Bulldogs(H&A) or Titans (A).

I'd say we need to win at least 6 of those to have even a slight chance of making it (would bring us to 27 points). So yeah, basically, no. Season is done.

This is the run home for the teams near us on the ladder.

7- Knights (18) - Roosters, Tigers, Manly, Eels, Cowboys, Tigers, Titans, Panthers
8- Panthers (18) - Dragons, Raiders, Bulldogs, Sharks, Broncos, Cowboys, Roosters, Knights
9- Sharks (16) - Warriors, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors, Raiders, Tigers
10- Cowboys (16) - Rabbitohs, Sharks, Tigers, Broncos, Knights, Panthers, Bulldogs, Storm
11- Tigers (16) - Raiders, Knights, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Manly, Knights, Dragons, Sharks
12- Warriors (15) - Sharks, Eels, Raiders, Manly, Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Raiders
13- Broncos (15) - Bulldogs, Titans, Storm, Cowboys, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Eels, Bulldogs

Basically, we need to win 2 more games than all but 1 of these teams to make the 8... Pretty much makes it impossible for us. If the knights or panthers win 5 games, we have to win 7.

Looking at the Knights draw, I think it's verry possible for them to win 6, possibly 7 of those games, which means we have to win 8 to overtake them (thats if they win 6, if they win 7, we can't).

Looking at the panthers draw, we hope that they lose 4 games to Raiders, Broncos, Roosters, Knights. This would mean we only need 6 wins to overtake them.

Sharks draw, hopefully they would lose at least 2 games to Rabbitohs and Raiders. This would mean we need 7 wins to overtake.

Cowboys draw, hopefully they lose to rabbitohs, knights, storm, meaning we would need 6 wins to overtake.

Tigers draw, hopefully they lose to raiders, knights and manly, meaning we need about 6 to overtake them.

Warriros draw, they should lose to raiders, manly, roosters and rabitohs so we should overtake them with 5-6 wins.

Basically, we can only afford to lose to Storm and Rabbitohs. We MUST win every other game. Particularly against Cowboys and Panthers as we are hoping to take their places on the ladder.

I think I need to explicitly state that my response was me being a smart arse. My point was that in the time he took to pose the question, he could’ve easily googled the ladder or checked an app or something and made his own judgement. Which, like most people have now said, is a maybe.

I think it all depends on this Thursday. If we win my thoughts are we can get on a roll if we dont then i don't see us making it. I am backing us to make a play for the 8 if not get there.

All we need is a few things to go our way.

Tolman set to join Sue on the sidelines with a rib injury.

Foran is due back for this game, so that off-sets that loss.

I presume the Dogs will bring in Ofahiki Ogden and Danny Fualalo into the side. Fualalo is a very similar style of player to Sue, so they don't miss a lot there. Ogden is the polar opposite of Tolman, but if he's on-song, the combination of him and Toomaga could be deadly through the middle.

We haven't turned up for a Thursday game all year so I'm worried about this game.

I have been happy with the team's effort the last few weeks though... they've given up leads, but then fought back.

On paper it's hard to see where the points are going to come from but they're finding a way.

I think they have turned a corner since probably the sharks game and this team has a bit of camaraderie now.

The thing with the dogs is they will play high effort at the start and unfortunately it seems our starts have been quite slow.

If we can get some points early and grind them down through Haas, Lodge and TPJ we can come away with a good win... just can't let the dogs hang around and give them any belief.

Not sure if mentioned, but expect Glenn to be named at left centre inside Oates. That's where he's been training. Presumably Fifita at left edge backrow, Staggs at right centre & Isaako/Coates/Farnworth right wing.

Round18Team

I can live with that team at the moment...

Coates has a huge future, but he's not used to playing wing besides being too green, which is being constantly exploited by opposition coaches.

Wonder how bad Gillo's injury is then?

Still a bonus keeping an almost unchanged side. And another week of TPJ running wild on the edges will do me.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.