/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I love Turpin, but unlike some people on this forum
I like to assess players objectively and not on pre-conceived notions on who they are as players. In a team that played well Turpin was our worst on field and although 3 might be harsh 4 or 5 is as high as you would go.

I guarantee if McCullough had the same performance everyone would be saying 3 is too high.
Huh? He missed the tackle to stop a bigger bloke from scoring a try but what else did he do wrong? I thought a 6 was fair, certainly not a 4! Playing against monsters whilst only weighing 80 kilos is no picnic I'm sure. A score of 3/4/5 indicates a poor game while I think 6 is an average game which is what I thought he had.

Huh? He missed the tackle to stop a bigger bloke from scoring a try but what else did he do wrong? I thought a 6 was fair, certainly not a 4! Playing against monsters whilst only weighing 80 kilos is no picnic I'm sure. A score of 3/4/5 indicates a poor game while I think 6 is an average game which is what I thought he had.

Look above. A forward pass on the 2nd tackle early in the game when in good field position. Another kick that went dead as well as the missed tackle. It was a worse than average game.

Look above. A forward pass on the 2nd tackle early in the game when in good field position. Another kick that went dead as well as the missed tackle. It was a worse than average game.
Really ? That's worse than average? So if you do 97 things right and 3 things 'wrong' then it's below average...riggghhhhttttt. Well, you guys mark it how you like, I thought he was average to good. Forward passes happen and Lockyer threw them. A kick that just trickles dead, big deal, it was after all a dewy night game. Ben Hunt lost us a grand final with colossal clusterfucks yet his game was considered great..other than fucking up completely!!

Last edited:
Ben Hunt lost us a grand final with colossal clusterfucks yet his game was considered great

have you been reading this forum at all in the last 4 years ... Hunt has been gone for 2 years and people are still whinging about that ... and not a single person has called his game "great"

His game was great, like one of those Japanese great monsters. CHOKEZILLA vs Mothra

have you been reading this forum at all in the last 4 years ... Hunt has been gone for 2 years and people are still whinging about that ... and not a single person has called his game "great"
Mmmm, no. That's incorrect. His game in the gf was called great many times. You're right, it wasn't a 'single' person, it was quite a few. I'm well aware BH has been gone for years. Are you eleven with such a stupid question. Lockyer has been gone longer, why didn't you point out that too Captain Obvious? I wasn't whinging about the gf, I was commenting on perceptions about performances.

Mmmm, no. That's incorrect. His game in the gf was called great many times. You're right, it wasn't a 'single' person, it was quite a few. I'm well aware BH has been gone for years. Are you eleven with such a stupid question. Lockyer has been gone longer, why didn't you point out that too Captain Obvious? I wasn't whinging about the gf, I was commenting on perceptions about performances.

and you are clearly trying to re-write history ... many people have commented on his performances leading up to the GF ... but i haven't seen any one say he had a "great game" in the GF ... I have seen people defending Hunt, by saying it wasn't solely his fault we blew the GF, but the is a long way from saying he had a "great game"

p.s. what the **** has Locky got to do with anything, no one has been whinging about him in any shape or form

Edit: Target the post, not the poster

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, it was the Bulldogs but I for one am very very happy about that result.

They are a bogey side for us and there were periods of the game where just a few weeks ago we would have collapsed and allowed them to get over the top of us but we didn't let that happen.

We don't usually torch the Bulldogs at Suncorp so I'm very happy about the result.

The pleasing thing is we built on last week and we played a high energy game which produced some of our best attack of the year. Now we just need to take a lot of confidence from that and keep it going. Keep building and getting better.

Sorry this talk of they are a bogey side or they have a certain spirit doesn`t sit well with me .
Teams change personnel so much these days the teams and coaches are so different from season to season , that saying they are always strong at home or away or a match up with a certain club is not real .
As a new season equals a new team . Its not the St George team of the 60s ...

Last edited:

Lol wtf? Name one person that called his game in the grand final great?

Really ? That's worse than average? So if you do 97 things right and 3 things 'wrong' then it's below average...riggghhhhttttt. Well, you guys mark it how you like, I thought he was average to good. Forward passes happen and Lockyer threw them. A kick that just trickles dead, big deal, it was after all a dewy night game. Ben Hunt lost us a grand final with colossal clusterfucks yet his game was considered great..other than fucking up completely!!

Besides the major stuff ups he had very little impact on the game and looked a little lost. I get he’s out of position, but people are able to call it as we see it, we all don’t have to bow down to the ‘God’ Turpin, we can call him out when he had a bad game like Thursday’s and the Eels and the Roosters.

Besides the major stuff ups he had very little impact on the game and looked a little lost. I get he’s out of position, but people are able to call it as we see it, we all don’t have to bow down to the ‘God’ Turpin, we can call him out when he had a bad game like Thursday’s and the Eels and the Roosters.
Yep. I'm one who thought he went reasonably well and I'm calling it as I see it. He hasn't had a 'bad' game yet. He's either been between excellent and average . Your god quip is shit.

I agree. I wouldn't give him less than Macca. I also thought Segy injected some much needed life into the attack when he came on. Turps made a couple of errors, sure. But so does everyone when they're busting their guts, out of position, and forced into a higher workload by a hooker who makes us constantly defend.

Turpin also played a full 80 minutes and made the same number of tackles as Flegler and one fewer than Glenn. He didn't have a great game, but he had an okay one.

That said, he's barely NRL standard at halfback and shouldn't be starting there.

I agree. I wouldn't give him less than Macca. I also thought Segy injected some much needed life into the attack when he came on. Turps made a couple of errors, sure. But so does everyone when they're busting their guts, out of position, and forced into a higher workload by a hooker who makes us constantly defend.

Turpin also played a full 80 minutes and made the same number of tackles as Flegler and one fewer than Glenn. He didn't have a great game, but he had an okay one.

That said, he's barely NRL standard at halfback and shouldn't be starting there.
About time someone looked at his performance with a even balance. Average was my take.

This is so salty........we get that you're disappointed about the way things have panned out re: McCullough, but accept you were wrong. McCullough is a spud. The sooner he is out of the team, the greater our chances are as a team for success

Turpin has held his own in 3 different positions over the last several weeks.....he excelled at hooker. His game being rated last week as a 3, was a joke. The **** will be a legend. Maybe not Wally or Locky "legend type"......but certainly Berrigan or Plath like.

McCullough will be Peter Wallace type......

Last edited:
This is so salty........we get that you're disappointed about the way things have panned out re: McCullough, but accept you were wrong. McCullough is a spud. The sooner he is out of the team, the greater our chances are as a team for success

Turpin has held his own in 3 different positions over the last several weeks.....he excelled at hooker. His game being rated last week as a 3, was a joke. The **** will be a legend. Maybe not Wally or Locky "legend type"......but certainly Berrigan or Plath like.

Turpin can’t even keep McCullough out of the 9 jersey, they Turpin fandom on this board is fucking over the top

Say what? I’ve made no secret that I’m a McCullough fan, but I’m also a huge fan of Turpin. I just like to look objectively at players’ performances and call it as I see it. I know it’s hard to fathom that a Broncos’ fan can like players competing for the same position.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.