Officials: Grant Atkins, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Clayton Sharpe, Phil Henderson
Video Review Officials: Ashley Klein, Bryan Norrie
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 2:00 pm
Broadcast: Foxleague
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Plenty of selection headaches for the old coach now. Turpin has at least earned a bench spot, Pearson is back in the frame knocking on the door of first grade, Staggs deserves a starting spot....It just goes on and on.

Boyd
Oates
Roberts
Kahu
Isakko
Milf
Nikorima
Lodge
Macca
Offa
TPJ
Sua
McGuire

Staggs
Sims
Fifita
Glenn

Last edited:
It pains me, because I like him as a bloke, but I don't think Kahu is in our best backline right now, didn't play too bad tonight, but just really lacks the spark required in this day and age. This would be my 17 next week, assuming everyone backs up.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Turpin
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ofahengaue
17. Sims / Mago

It pains me, because I like him as a bloke, but I don't think Kahu is in our best backline right now, didn't play too bad tonight, but just really lacks the spark required in this day and age. This would be my 17 next week, assuming everyone backs up.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Turpin
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ofahengaue
17. Sims / Mago
Didn't you see the last try

I'd like to see Turpin used the way knik was and Macca given time away from dummy half. He reads the game very well and can offer a good kicking option.
Cameron Smith does it at times, and whilst Macca isnt smith, it would take pressure off the halves and give Macca a chance to play fresher in attack.
Bring Turpin on at the end of halves, or just use knik at dummy half for 10 minutes a half. It worked well in the second half against Canberra.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Turpin
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ofahengaue
17. Sims / Mago

Staggs will be rested you'd think.

Staggs will be rested you'd think.

We play on Sunday, i think he will be fine but i'm not sure Wayne will pick him over Kahu. I'd actually be tempted to carry Turpin on the bench over him anyway, think he gave us a bit of spark from hooker and it would give Macca a break.

We play on Sunday, i think he will be fine but i'm not sure Wayne will pick him over Kahu. I'd actually be tempted to carry Turpin on the bench over him anyway, think he gave us a bit of spark from hooker and it would give Macca a break.

Matterson? haha but our players are tougher then roosters.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Turpin
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ofahengaue
17. Sims / Mago

Problem is Wayne likes a steadier player on the left side because of Milfs dodgy defence and Oates tendancy to take plenty of hitups so i think thats why he will stick with Kahu. Our right side tends to be the more dynamic one.

Talking to a fella i know this morning, it seems Wayne see's Staggs as the understudy for Roberts anyway.

Didn't you see the last try

A tip pass is not spark, he butchered several opportunities prior to that with his lack of speed and strength. We need someone stronger there, Staggs has already proven he could be that.

Agreed , staggs and fafita need to brought in steadily. Turpin looked sharp and would benefit more games.

Problem is Wayne likes a steadier player on the left side because of Milfs dodgy defence and Oates tendancy to take plenty of hitups so i think thats why he will stick with Kahu. Our right side tends to be the more dynamic one.

Talking to a fella i know this morning, it seems Wayne see's Staggs as the understudy for Roberts anyway.

Really, can't see him waiting that long

Really, can't see him waiting that long

Wayne would need to change the way we set up imo for Staggs to play left side. That could well happen anyway if Oates leaves.

A tip pass is not spark, he butchered several opportunities prior to that with his lack of speed and strength. We need someone stronger there, Staggs has already proven he could be that.
I don't think we actually need Spark, we need his skill and his defence.

I don't think we actually need Spark, we need his skill and his defence.

We need Jordan Kahu in the centres for his defence? Wut? He isn't good defensively in the centres, I'd say he's below average when factoring in his lack of acceleration and tendency to just.. fall over.

I dont doubt thats waynes thinking, but milfs defence has been awesome this year. Along with his kicking, and his organising. Its his running game and ball handling that has been off but that will come good qhile he gets consistently good with his weaknesses that i just mentioned he has actuallt been good in

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Alec
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.