vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Su'A to centre..

There better be a change to that.

In a twist however, bench utility Kotoni Staggs will not be allowed to start in place of Roberts.
19423fac7cdc054829c50ecb4d25c6c1

Tevita Pangai Jr has a hamstring issue. Picture: Getty.Source:Getty Images
Staggs is not a top 30 player for the Broncos and therefore cannot start for the team except in special circumstances, such as State of Origin.
Su’A will move to centre, with Fifita to start in the backrow.
Mago will come onto the bench.

That is very strange rule.

In a twist however, bench utility Kotoni Staggs will not be allowed to start in place of Roberts.

Staggs is not a top 30 player for the Broncos and therefore cannot start for the team except in special circumstances, such as State of Origin.

**** me, the NRL just gets weirder and weirder. What a stupid rule.

So what staggs will be on the bench and at first interchange staggs will come on at centre and Su’A will move into the back row.

Take a bow NRL, it was hard but you actually found a way to be more of a joke than you already were.

If he isn't a top 30 player then how is he allowed to play? Manly had to upgrade Manase Fainu to the top 30 in order to even use him.

This is fucking bizarre. Well done NRL. You're an even bigger joke.

Hold on, the NRL is a joke, that isn’t news. The bigger question issue here is, why the heck isn’t Staggs top 30? What are the Broncs thinking??

Can they just pick and change the 30? Can anyone post up any further information on the 30 plays squad rules / salary cap / any other oddball crap?

Last edited:
In the past it's been playing or not playing- Parcell couldn't keep playing for Brisbane because the secondary cap was full. To not be able to start doesn't have any bearing on cap.

You would think you can either use or not.

Last edited:
Hold on, the NRL is a joke, that isn’t news. The bigger question issue here is, why the heck isn’t Staggs top 30? What are the Broncs thinking??
He played one pre season game for about a 15 min stint. He started the season in Redcliffe's reserve grade side (third tier). He wasn't on the Bronco's radar now or ever. A credit to the kid for his extreme rise to the top but the Broncos can't be blamed for this.

He played one pre season game for about a 15 min stint. He started the season in Redcliffe's reserve grade side (third tier). He wasn't on the Bronco's radar now or ever. A credit to the kid for his extreme rise to the top but the Broncos can't be blamed for this.

Colts not Reserve grade. He played 25 NYC games last year he had a Broncos' deal but just not top 30.

Iirc wasn't it reported we hadn't filled our 30 spots? So are we stuck at 29 (or however many) and can't promote Kotoni? Would a Grand Final count as special circumstance?

Hold on, I’m not just asking this question on a whim, so I’ve already thought about the answers you’ve given about the kid playing 15 minutes, etc. so at least give your answer some thought.

The kid has played multiple games already right? I could be wrong but I thought I remember reading the Broncs had 29 of the 30 filled about a month out from the June 30 deadline, which is two weeks ago by which he had already played a few games.

You’ve got Roberts carrying an Achilles injury, Bird no certainty to be back this year and this kid who has shown he can provide that valuable role.

He is clearly a part of the club’s future, so why wasn’t he made number 30? Who was made number 30?

Colts not Reserve grade. He played 25 NYC games last year he had a Broncos' deal but just not top 30.
Sorry, I stand corrected. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Bennett had no intention of using him this year and many Bronco fans hadn't even heard of him. What he has achieved this year thus far is incredible.

I'm somewhat glad that TPJ is out, I think he's been down a bit the last month or so, obviously carrying a bit of an injury or maybe just fatigued, give him a couple of weeks off ready for the finals push.

Very weird rule... not hugely bad for our team this week though due to the athleticism of our young edge forwards in sua and fifita. I didnt even notice sua was playing centre last week when staggs went off. I think thats a good thing, especially defensively. He wont get shown up if he has to play 20 there and we are still unsure if staggs can handle a full 80 mins yet anyway (probably can but still un-tested in that duration).

What i did notice about sua (last couple months he has upped this) and fifita is their efforts in defence covering their inside and outside. Remarkable defensive attitudes for young players! Great signs for the future in that they wont just rely on their talent alone. Its something gillett picked up the last 2 years as well, obviously an attribute bennett emphasises to them to show. Not much slips past these guys on the edges now, it used to be a weakness of ours

So is that official then that TPJ is out for tomorrow's game? Hope he's not suffering burnout this close to the business end of the season. What was the news on Issako's injury from last week? Is he 100%? I never heard much after the game about that. Can anyone shed some light please.

Active Now

• thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.