vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Our go forward sucks. A good start would be forwards running onto the ball full tilt from the back fence, except for Fifita who would probably be climbing it.

There was a particular case of this that stood out last week (among MANY cases). Dearden was running across field looking for a runner and every single one of them were just standing still, it was disgraceful.

There was a particular case of this that stood out last week (among MANY cases). Dearden was running across field looking for a runner and every single one of them were just standing still, it was disgraceful.

Kevvie has a lot of work to do.

One related example of forward running .... If we did this consistently, we'd cut any team to shreds. Lovely play by Carrigan, Dearden and Riki, great hole running by Jordan (with Darius running in support! That is the Darbs we want to remember.)

Last edited:
Exactly. Our go forward sucks. A good start would be forwards running onto the ball full tilt from the back fence, except for Fifita who would probably be climbing it.
Just to add to this, our outside backs need to get us off to a good start early in the set to allow the forwards some room to get going. Our pack has been shit but our outside backs haven't offered much in metres gained either this season.

well on his podcast Gus Gould just tipped us for the win this weekend...

You know what to do...
By 22 or 30 though??

I need to know how confident he is of a win

Has @Wolfie been Gus Gould this whole time??
Both teams don't have their best sides available but on form alone the Titans deserve favouritism. Another thing is their team seems to want to either win or go down fighting. We could do with a dollop of that attitude.

Last weeks improved effort does suggest the Broncos have the ability.

I'm not surprised by the Foran speculation. As soon as he hurt his pec the other day I thought he'd be a decent acquisition for 24 months. Always rated his ability but otherwise didn't put him in the elite class because that takes more than just ability.

I'm not surprised by the Foran speculation. As soon as he hurt his pec the other day I thought he'd be a decent acquisition for 24 months. Always rated his ability but otherwise didn't put him in the elite class because that takes more than just ability.

Benji.

Foran is still only 30 believe it or not, Benji is on a downward trend now sadly. At least if Foran gets his body right, he still has something to offer for a few years.

Foran at this stage has no chance of getting his body right. As skilled as he could’ve been, he’s one injury from retirement. Shame he left Manly really, one of those could’ve been stories.

Last edited:
Both teams don't have their best sides available but on form alone the Titans deserve favouritism. Another thing is their team seems to want to either win or go down fighting. We could do with a dollop of that attitude.

Last weeks improved effort does suggest the Broncos have the ability.
They have a couple of outs we have a heap , so they should be favorites.

I was just looking through the team lists for this match and the only place where we are stronger than last week is with the addition of Oates. Plenty of match experience and was regaining some form when injured.

It's our bench contrasted with the Titans where I see a problem. Arrow, Whitbread and tubby Lisone definitely have the edge over Te'o, Coates and Joffa. I can see us being right in it with our starters but our forward rotations will have to be spot on.

Last week the Tits played a lot of the match down to 15 and the forwards in particular worked hard as a group especially in the last 20. Like it's said that defence is an attitude and they had it. By the same token they were barely holding on, very close to being busted on several occasions. I hope Haas gets less time, say 55-60 but with plenty in the tank for the last 20-25. That's how I'd use him. 20-25 up first then finish out the game with 25-30 mins of high energy carries.

Foran is still only 30 believe it or not, Benji is on a downward trend now sadly. At least if Foran gets his body right, he still has something to offer for a few years.
I would go benji any day of the week over foran, even given their ages. Benji is still amongst the top 2 or 3 for try assists this year despite not playing every match, and would add the leadership on the field and trainingwe have lacked. I also think benji would be a better mentor to dearden as he has been both a running half and organising half in his career.

Although foran is younger, i think his playing days are numbered, possibly even over given his new injury.

Foran is too injury prone, he hasn't done a full season since he was at Manly. Benji is older true but he has shown he has alot of creativity in his game still, and we really need some leadership in the spine.

Wonder how they compare defence wise
Forans injury is a pec?If it was his legs it might be curtains for him but if it is just the pec I can't see anything wrong if you can get him cheap.

Last edited:
I was just looking through the team lists for this match and the only place where we are stronger than last week is with the addition of Oates. Plenty of match experience and was regaining some form when injured.

It's our bench contrasted with the Titans where I see a problem. Arrow, Whitbread and tubby Lisone definitely have the edge over Te'o, Coates and Joffa. I can see us being right in it with our starters but our forward rotations will have to be spot on.

Last week the Tits played a lot of the match down to 15 and the forwards in particular worked hard as a group especially in the last 20. Like it's said that defence is an attitude and they had it. By the same token they were barely holding on, very close to being busted on several occasions. I hope Haas gets less time, say 55-60 but with plenty in the tank for the last 20-25. That's how I'd use him. 20-25 up first then finish out the game with 25-30 mins of high energy carries.
Oates played last week 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • bert_lifts
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.