Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Only because your older than him. He wasn’t born pre2006, if he was a bronco fan he still wouldn’t be able to say that.

The inference was they’ll never win a premiership

geez...this will take a while...to fix......it wont be done in a year....
The talent is there, they will keep getting better the further away they get from seibold. An offseason with even a bog average coach will have them playing better than this.

Slow to react and slow are two different things. Tonight he reacted too quickly! He arrived in position too quickly for the kick and over ran the ideal position.

Not saying he was brilliant just that he'd been off for a while and he is still finding his rhythm.

As for sheer speed he has 95% of the wingers in the NRL covered. Put him in open space and few could catch him.
Oates is like a truck. Capable of high speed, but shit acceleration and agility.

Because Oates has shown that on his day he can be a match winner on the wing and can lift the team. As an edge backrow, he had a couple of moments early in his career but it's going to take time for him to make that transition.

Unfortunately he had a bad game tonight and really hurt the team. I can't imagine knowing that at some point he'd have to shift to edge backrow for a stint helped his focus.

This was shameful, we would lose to any QLD cup team playing like that.
You are a QCup team. Why do you all expect a team so thin on experience and key players in terrible form to actually compete in the NRL

Last edited:
What is with ppl bashing Oates' speed.

He was the fastest player on field last week according to the telstra tracker, and has one of the best accelerations in the game.

Sure he he has feet for hands, and positionally he is not always aware in defense on the wing, but saying he isn't quick just points out ppl who dont pay close attention.

geez...this will take a while...to fix......it wont be done in a year....

Self belief is shot. You can't win without it. It's nearly impossible to have it when you are constantly losing, and, when the players are young and inexperienced and have little to fall back on, like experience in coping and dealing with adversity, which in large part points to our unbalanced roster, a lack of experience in key positions, and experienced leadership in the backs and forwards.

We cannot create anything by design because as soon as pressure is applied we fall apart. When luck goes our way we are capable of producing great plays and good tries. So at least there is a lot of good things to work with.

It's going to take a long time to instil self belief, largely because self belief comes from the simple fact that the starting point is winning games, which of course, requires self belief. It's a vicious circle which will take a lot of patience and good coaching both in terms of basic skills, and the mental side of the game.

Because Oates has shown that on his day he can be a match winner on the wing and can lift the team. As an edge backrow, he had a couple of moments early in his career but it's going to take time for him to make that transition.

Unfortunately he had a bad game tonight and really hurt the team. I can't imagine knowing that at some point he'd have to shift to edge backrow for a stint helped his focus.

That's the problem - "on his day", when everything is going in his favour. If he isn't having "his day", he is awful like he was tonight. I also question his decision making under pressure, like defensive reads, which for a winger is important and less so in the back row, where his undoubted skills like powerful running, great speed and actually good defence can be a real asset. Horses for courses, and in this case, our horse needs oat(e)s

Last edited:
That's the problem - "on his day", when everything is going in his favour. If he isn't having "his day", he is awful like he was tonight. I also question his decision making under pressure which for a winger is important and less so in the back row, where his undoubted skills like powerful running, great speed and actually good defence can be a real asset.

It also requires a motor, a combination with your half and good defensive technique, something he's yet to demonstrate. Maybe he'll get it over the off-season but considering he just watched his entire career flash before his eyes in his last stint there, I can understand why they played him in the position he's enjoyed the most success.

We have the Broncos just where we want them to be. Sure they lost 10 in row sitting close to the bottom of the ladder, leaderless, rudderless and spineless. If Fifita and Paix didn't drop the ball on the goal line it could easily be an 18-all draw line. They did this without a big chunk of salary cap munching players: Bird, MILF, TPJ, Lodge. In only 2 games of throwing out Seibold's game plan the Broncos have managed to trim their losing margin by a lot. Now imagine having a whole pre-season and a whole season without Seibold's game plan, a new coach, new CEO, new coaching staff, having Boyd and Paul White out of the picture, removing some dead weight in the roster and adding new players this year and a year beyond that..... we've hit rock bottom and the only way is up next season. So we have the Broncos just where we want them to be.

It also requires a motor, a combination with your half and good defensive technique, something he's yet to demonstrate. Maybe he'll get it over the off-season but considering he just watched his entire career flash before his eyes in his last stint there, I can understand why they played him in the position he's enjoyed the most success.

True, although I think Oates is pretty good defensively when he isn't required to read complex plays. I thought he pretty good in the back row this year.

True, although I think Oates is pretty good defensively when he isn't required to read complex plays. I thought he pretty good in the back row this year.

That's the issue he's required to not only think for himself but his halves partner and has to make his tackles count. He racked up his tackle count, but didn't win many rucks which is what you want. He also rarely ran the ball.

That's the issue he's required to not only think for himself but his halves partner and has to make his tackles count. He racked up his tackle count, but didn't win many rucks which is what you want. He also rarely ran the ball.

Yes, I agree. For mine, his real potential lies in the back row, and also where he can contribute most to the team.

You are a QCup team. Why do you all expect a team so thin on experience and key players in terrible form to actually compete in the NRL
We got alot of injuries sure but player wise i still think we have talent, the coaching is the problem, I look at what Gold coast has and honestly we have them beat in most areas we just don't have any team cohesion.

Last edited:
We have the Broncos just where we want them to be. Sure they lost 10 in row sitting close to the bottom of the ladder, leaderless, rudderless and spineless. If Fifita and Paix didn't drop the ball on the goal line it could easily be an 18-all draw line. They did this without a big chunk of salary cap munching players: Bird, MILF, TPJ, Lodge. In only 2 games of throwing out Seibold's game plan the Broncos have managed to trim their losing margin by a lot. Now imagine having a whole pre-season and a whole season without Seibold's game plan, a new coach, new CEO, new coaching staff, having Boyd and Paul White out of the picture, removing some dead weight in the roster and adding new players this year and a year beyond that..... we've hit rock bottom and the only way is up next season. So we have the Broncos just where we want them to be.

Bravo, well said and much needed perspective.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.