[Round 19, 2021] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixing the left edge has got to be the priority this week, but if Kelly isn't available I don't know how that happens without thinking outside the box.

We could move Staggs to 6, but that would probably weaken the right edge, which is currently working.

We could try Paix at 6. It didn't work when K.Hunt defended with him out there though. But it was makeshift and K Hunt didn't work at centre defensively in q cup either. It's probably the best option we have if Kelly is unavailable.

The craziest option I can think of is a second rower as the playmaker out there like Sonny Bill Williams at the Roosters. Then just have somebody kick, run and defend out there. If TPJ was available it would be worth trying. But Flegler and Hass are the other options, which shuts that down completely for now.

It's crazy to think that it used to be servicable when Reed or Bird were at centre. Darius Boyd still had his starting to dwindle form at the time, and there were calls for Reed and Bird to go to lock.

But I can't see how we fix it until the offseason unfortunately. We may have to just ride this game and the rest of the season out and take any win as a bonus.

Fixing the left edge has got to be the priority this week, but if Kelly isn't available I don't know how that happens without thinking outside the box.

We could move Staggs to 6, but that would probably weaken the right edge, which is currently working.

We could try Paix at 6. It didn't work when K.Hunt defended with him out there though. But it was makeshift and K Hunt didn't work at centre defensively in q cup either. It's probably the best option we have if Kelly is unavailable.

The craziest option I can think of is a second rower as the playmaker out there like Sonny Bill Williams at the Roosters. Then just have somebody kick, run and defend out there. If TPJ was available it would be worth trying. But Flegler and Hass are the other options, which shuts that down completely for now.

It's crazy to think that it used to be servicable when Reed or Bird were at centre. Darius Boyd still had his starting to dwindle form at the time, and there were calls for Reed and Bird to go to lock.

But I can't see how we fix it until the offseason unfortunately. We may have to just ride this game and the rest of the season out and take any win as a bonus.

Hopefully Kelly is fit.
Could also bring Arthurs in to left centre and move Farnworth to right wing. Drop Glenn would help too. Chopping and changing doesnt help though so you’d bring in Kelly and hope for the best probably. Who knows anymore.

funnily enough, we'll probably perform much better against the Panthers ... we tend to struggle against teams we should beat and are competitive against better teams (Melbourne being the exception)

Penrith will go in hard with no lube. Only likely scenario. Any other opinion is just foolish blind optimism. 64-6

Penrith will go in hard with no lube. Only likely scenario. Any other opinion is just foolish blind optimism. 64-6
If they're still missing Cleary and Luai (and let's be serious, Cleary won't risk them to play us) I think we'll do okay. I'll call 34-16

Tough to predict a team list when we only have 2-3 players pulling their weight, but I'll give it a go.

I can only pray that Kelly is fit so that we don't have to watch Croft ever again. Think Robati needs a spell as well, he's been getting gradually less effective as the games have gone on, and obviously copped a cork today.

Bring in TPJ at lock in R20 and shift Kobe to the bench and you've pretty much got our best 17 for the remainder of the season, which is a scary thought.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Albert Kelly
7. Tyson Gamble
8. Thomas Flegler
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Corey Paix
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Keenan Palasia
17. Rhys Kennedy

1 Herbie Farnworth (just give him a go and see what happens)
2 Corey Oates
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Jesse Arthars
5 David Mead
6 Tyson Gamble
7 Albert Kelly
8 Payne Haas
9 Cory Paix
10 Rhys Kennedy
11 Alex Glenn
12 TC Robati/Jordan Riki
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Ethan Bullemore
15 Thomas Flegler
16 Jordan Riki/Keenan Palasia
17 Tesi Niu/Danny Levi

Honestly, we are fucked..

We don’t win another game this season.

93E152EF 8D60 4FD7 AA01 07943892D052
I think I may have found a new avatar.

We don’t win another game this season.
There's another win in there somewhere probably against the equally as pathetic Cowboys. Slight chance against the Warriors as well. Won't beat Newc ×2 especially if Ponga and Pearce are playing. Won't beat Penrith nor the Roosters. Doubt if we can topple Cronulla again. With a bit of luck, the Broncos could finish 6-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.