Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I said it in thread but it is worth pointing out again.

‘The good teams tend to get more favourable calls because they are better and have the ball more.’ Annersley, 2022

And yet, despite being up by heaps, suddenly we get smashed 8-1 in the penalties (we got 1 early). Parra, I.e the worse team, conceded just 2, one of which was a blatant sin binning.

There was so much crap that went against us too.

When Tesi got the ball back in the corner, they stopped us from playing the ball for a good 8 seconds (the one that he knocked backwards into the ground). Nothing done about it.

The touch from Sivo on the ball that deviated and went sailing over the side line. "No clear evidence, inconclusive, keep review" The ball CHANGED angles and his fingers bent back.
Yeah righto:
1658411040173.png

The Penalty on Payne Haas for not being square at marker, doesn't help the guy was not straight, playing on an angle.
Yeah righto:
1658410887929.png

Defensive position by Capewell to take a kick which was coming straight at him
1658411743417.png

Moses mistimes the jump and denies him a chance at the ball and doesn't hit it - else it's a knock-on into Mam, if he missed it, is that not a textbook penalty? If he hit it, it's a knock on? But no, six-again for Eels as it came off Mam.
1658411727948.png

Then Sivo scores his second.

Sutton called "touched" by brisbane on a ball kicked through, missed by a mile:
1658412027611.png

Conveniently prevented Mam from racing into tired - non-set defence and gave them a minute to recover and smash us.

1658412256917.png

Tesi finally pops his head up:
1658412298352.png

How do you hold a player for nearly 8 seconds and get away with it scot-free?

Brenko got pinged for the softest head-high you'll see all season, then Mam almost gets his head removed, not once, but TWICE in the same tackle... goal line drop out:

1658412729360.png
Second - shoulder to the head, I thought in Magic round last year that was an instant sendoff? not even a penalty today.
1658412763040.png

GG NSWRL

View attachment 19285

Tesi finally pops his head up:
View attachment 19286
How do you hold a player for nearly 8 seconds and get away with it scot-free?

Brenko got pinged for the softest head-high you'll see all season, then Mam almost gets his head removed, not once, but TWICE in the same tackle... goal line drop out:

View attachment 19287Second - shoulder to the head, I thought in Magic round last year that was an instant sendoff? not even a penalty today.View attachment 19288
GG NSWRL

Love these shots. I was raging at most of these, especially the one in the corner where they held on, and on, and on. And yet on the other side of the ball, F"King" Gutho half stands up and flails to the ground wiggling like an electrocuted fish and a 6-again is blown immediately.

That's a big win, if we can turn over Parra again when we play them at home in a few weeks, that might be enough to secure a spot in the top 4, provided we don't lose to the likes of Newcastle and St George

Melbourne is a 50/50, we should beat the Roosters

How good is Mam though?!
This may seem petty but something that annoys me is that no matter how good he plays and becomes he will likely play less origins than he should purely due to timing.
Deardens performance in origin means he will get 1st shot for next 5 years despite his form and ongoing performances, unless absolutely atrocious. A blind dog could tell you mam has literally twice the talent and ability of him than dearden but if slater took over origin next year instead of this year mam would be a qld player for the next 15 years without question.
This annoys me because it limits his ability to grow from rep footy even further, and play those big games.
He will get a shot at some stage, but no doubt it will be pressure loaded and he'd need to be MoM to even be considered for another game with no chance to grow. Just like it happens to every broncos player...

There was so much crap that went against us too.

When Tesi got the ball back in the corner, they stopped us from playing the ball for a good 8 seconds (the one that he knocked backwards into the ground). Nothing done about it.

The touch from Sivo on the ball that deviated and went sailing over the side line. "No clear evidence, inconclusive, keep review" The ball CHANGED angles and his fingers bent back.
Yeah righto:
View attachment 19279

The Penalty on Payne Haas for not being square at marker, doesn't help the guy was not straight, playing on an angle.
Yeah righto:
View attachment 19278

Defensive position by Capewell to take a kick which was coming straight at him
View attachment 19281
Moses mistimes the jump and denies him a chance at the ball and doesn't hit it - else it's a knock-on into Mam, if he missed it, is that not a textbook penalty? If he hit it, it's a knock on? But no, six-again for Eels as it came off Mam.
View attachment 19280
Then Sivo scores his second.

Sutton called "touched" by brisbane on a ball kicked through, missed by a mile:
View attachment 19282
Conveniently prevented Mam from racing into tired - non-set defence and gave them a minute to recover and smash us.
All good points. The Moses kick dead which should have allowed Mam to take a quick tap had no Bronco within cooee of the kick. When Sutton stops Mam from racing away he knows this. When Sutton’s call was challenged he replies “dont worry it will be overturned by the review”.

Just watched the highlights and it struck me how many times King Gutho fucked up.

Couldnt clean up the grubber for Oates try. Got brushed by Payne for his try. Was too slow to come across on Capewell's try. Got beaten by Riki. And of course the loose carry for Reynolds try.

"King" indeed

Just watched the highlights and it struck me how many times King Gutho fucked up.

Couldnt clean up the grubber for Oates try. Got brushed by Payne for his try. Was too slow to come across on Capewell's try. Got beaten by Riki. And of course the loose carry for Reynolds try.

"King" indeed
Yeh ”king hell!!” this guys a knob.

all the Niu haters watch gutherson on the Rikki try out of position and jogging back , again defending in the will always catch you out on certain plays.

This may seem petty but something that annoys me is that no matter how good he plays and becomes he will likely play less origins than he should purely due to timing.
Deardens performance in origin means he will get 1st shot for next 5 years despite his form and ongoing performances, unless absolutely atrocious. A blind dog could tell you mam has literally twice the talent and ability of him than dearden but if slater took over origin next year instead of this year mam would be a qld player for the next 15 years without question.
This annoys me because it limits his ability to grow from rep footy even further, and play those big games.
He will get a shot at some stage, but no doubt it will be pressure loaded and he'd need to be MoM to even be considered for another game with no chance to grow. Just like it happens to every broncos player...

Slater brought Mam in this year.

Reminds me of beating Panthers in 92- It was the sort of game the Broncos don't win in the previous five years and they won 12-6 against the Premiers in the rain at Panthers towards the end of the season and Panthers were desperate.

I got the same feeling last night- Not too sure this team will win this year but it's the sort of win that they wouldn't have got normally.

They're enjoying defending and that's a big part of winning finals.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.