PRE-GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will likely have Patty, Payne, Cobbo and Walshy out for this game after the big Origin game. Its going to be tough.
I agree it’s gonna be tough
That’s why I think our season is basically over

I personally think Kevvie needs to make a change at hooker. We just aren’t getting enough out of Walters and Smoothy.
Not sure about that. The dummy half can't run if we aren't going forward or getting quick PLB.
Even a forward hitting the advantage line at speed as he gets the ball would get the markers interested but we can't even do that.
This is a must win, if we can somehow beat the merge, we get all our players back we have every chance to go on a run.
I am very keen to see Rogers manage this team, I think he is exactly what we need.

I'd love to see some sort of spark out of dummy half for us. Watching api really makes it obvious what we lack in that position

I suspect Kevvie would actually look at using Mozer more if the rest of the side was more settled, surely he can see the hooker rotation is not working that well this year.

I suspect Kevvie would actually look at using Mozer more if the rest of the side was more settled, surely he can see the hooker rotation is not working that well this year.
I don't really know what you guys are watching but it's not the Broncos games. Our problem this year has been our handling and our discipline. Until that's correct, which it seems it has turned a corner after last night, cameron smith could be our 9 and it wouldn't make a scrap of difference...

I don't really know what you guys are watching but it's not the Broncos games. Our problem this year has been our handling and our discipline. Until that's correct, which it seems it has turned a corner after last night, cameron smith could be our 9 and it wouldn't make a scrap of difference...

You aren't wrong but my feelings are that the service from 9 isn't helping when we do have the ball. The defense doesn't have to guess between Reyno, Walsh and Mam, they know 9/10 it is going to Walsh or Mam so they just swarm them and this is forcing a lot of rushed passes subsequently. So the slowness of the service is exacerbating problem.

At least the results this weekend are kind of favourable for us. Cows loosing keeps them at 20, and Manly up to 21. Bulldogs winning moves them further ahead, but keeps the Wahs with the pack.

Saying it again. The things I would do for a f**king win next round.

At least the results this weekend are kind of favourable for us. Cows loosing keeps them at 20, and Manly up to 21. Bulldogs winning moves them further ahead, but keeps the Wahs with the pack.

Saying it again. The things I would do for a f**king win next round.
I didn't really want Manly winning as they're competing for the spots we're after... cows are 2 wins ahead of us, have a million games at home and 2 more byes left.

They're pretty well in the 8 and if they won tonight could've been going after sharks top 4 spot.

Manly have the draw which means F/A doesn't matter and we need to get an extra win than they do... they're now 1 more win than us for the year already so they now become much harder to remove from the 8

1. Sailor
2. Oates/Karapani
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Semu
16. Karapani/Oates
17. Taupau

Hopefully Billy doesn't pick Cobbo because if he doesn't, I would be putting him at fullback and Sailor on the bench for some speed off the bench when the forwards start to tire.

They will be without Hunt, Lomax and likely Su'A. I think they're also going to be without Faitala-Mariner and Feagai.

If we put in the effort, it's a winnable game. But it's very likely we're going to be suffering our 6th straight loss.

Patston maybe accommodated into our bench. If he is, he can play backrow so Riki can play in the middle briefly in the 2nd half when our forwards slow down.

I personally want to see if Patston can play at grade level.

Smoothy made 50 tackles and only missed one.. if that's not enough from a hooker I don't know what is!
Rugby League is about scoring points. You have to score points to win.

The hooker handles the ball more than any other player, which makes their role in attack critical. Judging them, or any player, on defence alone is only half the picture.

Turpin and McCullough were tireless defenders who racked up more tackles than either of our current hookers. Macca led the tackle count across the comp most weeks. It was their contribution to attack that was criticized.

Many consider Cameron Smith the best hooker the game has ever produced. He isn't remembered for his defence, though of course it was solid.

Teams don't all of a sudden forget how to hold the ball, it's a symptom of a bigger issue. I think metres gained and defensive line-speed are the real issues and a good hooker can make a difference in both of these categories.

Rugby League is about scoring points. You have to score points to win.

The hooker handles the ball more than any other player, which makes their role in attack critical. Judging them, or any player, on defence alone is only half the picture.

Turpin and McCullough were tireless defenders who racked up more tackles than either of our current hookers. Macca led the tackle count across the comp most weeks. It was their contribution to attack that was criticized.

Many consider Cameron Smith the best hooker the game has ever produced. He isn't remembered for his defence, though of course it was solid.
The more points you stop the less you have to score.
Good D is the foundation of a good side, besides, I can't see how the dummy half is supposed to run with slow PTBs or engage markers when our forwards seem to prefer getting the ball barely moving.
One of Smith greatest attributes was making space for his runners by keeping the markers occupied and getting them 1 on 1 ( then throw a forward pass😂.)

The more points you stop the less you have to score.
Good D is the foundation of a good side, besides, I can't see how the dummy half is supposed to run with slow PTBs or engage markers when our forwards seem to prefer getting the ball barely moving.
One of Smith greatest attributes was making space for his runners by keeping the markers occupied and getting them 1 on 1 ( then throw a forward pass😂.)
Of course, but some folk seem to think defence is everything, and appraise only on tackling. I like to see some creativity from the dummy half, and I especially love the interchange utility sparking panic in a tired opposition. Neither of our current hookers are particular creative, and neither spark any form of panic, but they're not slouches in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • scobie
  • Hurrijo
  • Astro
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • Culhwch
  • IceWorks
  • broncos4life
  • Elcapitano20
  • Tmac
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.