vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope TPJ will play this week in the starting side. With the kind of defensive effort dished out by our left side especially, he must be in the starting side replacing Glenn.

The thing with Panthers especially is, their forwards are all around the park. The 3 forwards are very well complimented by their very impressive back row. Hope our guys jump all over them and put some more points early on.

While they are in town, can the selection & retention team chalk up a plan to hatch Luai from Panthers. They've got Cleary @ 7 anyhow & we badly need one.

I hope TPJ will play this week in the starting side. With the kind of defensive effort dished out by our left side especially, he must be in the starting side replacing Glenn.

The thing with Panthers especially is, their forwards are all around the park. The 3 forwards are very well complimented by their very impressive back row. Hope our guys jump all over them and put some more points early on.

While they are in town, can the selection & retention team chalk up a plan to hatch Luai from Panthers. They've got Cleary @ 7 anyhow & we badly need one.

why on earth would you drop Glenn to the bench when Su'a is guaranteed to miss the game (probably the rest of the season) with injury ...

not to mention that Glenn has been one of our best most consistent players this year

we had a bet with NZwarriors.com, regarding the result of sundays match ... they won

Seems they handled it a lot better when we won the bet earlier in the year.

Round19Team

Shibasaki* btw

It'd be cool if he gets a run, think he'd bring more than Kahu tbh.

Not convinced he would tbh, although he does make plenty of meters.

If he does more than jog in to the defensive line and get driven back 4 metres, he brings more than Jordan "The defensive juggernaut" Kahu.

I always wonder whether some people have watched the fringe players play, or just see there name on the team list and think oh he must be better than *insert player i don't like here*

I do like Shibasaki, dont think he would let us down if he did play but i do feel he can be a bit lazy in defence at times. He will get better the more he plays though i think.

I always wonder whether some people have watched the fringe players play, or just see there name on the team list and think oh he must be better than *insert player i don't like here*

Only seen him probably 5 times total in the NYC / pre-season trials / ISC games I've seen. Unfortunately I've seen a lot more of Kahu in the centres, enough for several lifetimes. He isn't good in the centres, never has been, never will. And Oates / Isaako are better wingers.

Warriors fans on here have shown themselves to be all class in victory and defeat, that's what I'd say.
Absolutely. The cuzzie bros have been outstanding sports.

I got to see NZwarriors.com look like BHQ for a week, so I guess I don't have a problem with seeing that logo for a week either...

As long as we get Shaun Johnson next year as payment.

Are we just rotating those extra reserves for the sake of it? Outside of Mago and Fifita, the other guys seem to be a bit random and are never legitimately in contention for a spot. Like this is the first time we’ve seen Dargan’s name in probably a month, and Tagataese is pointless as a reserve imo.

Obviously they’re a choice for an injury replacement, which can show your hand a bit, but if Wayne wasn’t going to use Dargan before now, he certainly won’t unless there’s about 5 more injuries.

Or is it just a little (albeit meaningless) reward for Qcup form?

Only seen him probably 5 times total in the NYC / pre-season trials / ISC games I've seen. Unfortunately I've seen a lot more of Kahu in the centres, enough for several lifetimes. He isn't good in the centres, never has been, never will. And Oates / Isaako are better wingers.

Ok, so as i thought you know **** all about a player and have decided that he should replace a proven NRL and International performer after 1 poor game (when the rest of the team is poor as well)

anyone else you think should be dropped for another player that you know **** all about? because clearly a players position is all you need to know, for you to know he will cut it at NRL level

Ok, so as i thought you know **** all about a player and have decided that he should replace a proven NRL and International performer after 1 poor game (when the rest of the team is poor as well)

anyone else you think should be dropped for another player that you know **** all about? because clearly a players position is all you need to know, for you to know he will cut it at NRL level

First of all, drop the attitude big boy, you haven't got a clue what I do and don't know.

Secondly, Kahu isn't proven in the centres, not in the slightest. Every time he plays there he either gets injured or we completely re-shuffle the back line to get him back on the wing. He has under-performed in nearly every game I've seen him play in the centres in his entire career, he is a liability in defence due to his lack of speed and poor positioning & reads, he offers very little apart from a good draw and pass in attack, and doesn't get to display his safety under the high ball or intelligent finishing anywhere near as much as he did when he was on the wing. All of those factors combined with the abundantly clear fact that the injuries have severely hampered his running game, and you've got yourself a well below average centre, a reasonable comparison would be Jack Reed.. except.. worse.

We could do a lot worse than at least testing out someone young like Shibasaki. I would've also suggested Seve, but the Storm have already poached him. Look at how much the other young guns have thrived when given the opportunity so far this season. You would've given me the same pissy response if I was saying we should test out Staggs a few weeks back. (A better centre than Kahu already, I might add)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Bongo
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.