PRE-GAME Round 19 - Broncos vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Although Boyd's defence and his many attempted grabs of late will need to be banished to history if the move is to work. Isakko breaking the line with Roberts looming up on his outside may well be a scenario we will have to get accustomed too. It might be a bit late in the season but you still need to applaud WB for at least giving it a go. It already feels liberating knowing we have a free running FB again.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
No wonder Isaako signed for 4 years. the hustler must have negotiated for immediate fullback duty. Kids got some pull. But can he ball play?

Last edited:

Allo

NRL Captain
No wonder Isaako signed for 4 years. the hustler must have negotiated for immediate fullback duty. Kids got some pull. But can he ball play?
I don’t see it as super necessary right now with his ability to actually run and break the line. That alone will create space and he just needs to draw and pass. But no doubt Boyd will still run a sweep every so often and will be helping him with that part of his game. The sweep hasn’t really been working lately anyway

Also something we know about Isaako is he takes pride in doing extras

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
Isaako is training at fullback, Boyd left centre and Kahu wing.
Wow! At-last my wish coming true. Putting Boyd on left center & shifting Kahu back to Jimmy's wing would do wonders for mine. Kahu's never fit at center. He's always unlucky there. Let's hope the switch would do wonders if they stick to it for rest of season.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Very interesting move. According to some Bennett would never Boyd from fullback because of his bias?

I really like the move if true, I think Boyd would be an outstanding centre and could easily see out his contract there.

I'm.yet to be convinced by Isaako as a fullback, being a good runner isn't enough, hopefully he has some ball playing ability and isn't a hog AKA Hoffman. Hard to say until we see him in the position

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Very interesting move. According to some Bennett would never Boyd from fullback because of his bias?

I really like the move if true, I think Boyd would be an outstanding centre and could easily see out his contract there.

I'm.yet to be convinced by Isaako as a fullback, being a good runner isn't enough, hopefully he has some ball playing ability and isn't a hog AKA Hoffman. Hard to say until we see him in the position
He can't be any more one dimensional than Boyd has been for the past 18 rounds

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
The most interesting part of this move is that.. is Bird gone?

If this works and Isaako looks good at Fullback / Boyd strengthens the left side defensively, I don't see how Bird cracks the starting 13 next season. We'll have an abundance of edge back rowers & locks.. And hypothetically the 1/3/4 spots will all be sewed up. That really only leaves the halves.. which I can think we all agree, is probably the least ideal spot for him long-term with Milford already there.

holdzy89

NRL Captain

If this works and Isaako looks good at Fullback / Boyd strengthens the left side defensively, I don't see how Bird cracks the starting 13 next season. We'll have an abundance of edge back rowers & locks.. And hypothetically the 1/3/4 spots will all be sewed up. That really only leaves the halves.. which I can think we all agree, is probably the least ideal spot for him long-term with Milford already there.
This could possibly be Boyd's last year. I think Bird will either be centre in that scenario, or lock or half back otherwise.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

Unless...Bird goes to 9...he’d get all the ball he desires there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter